Register now to get rid of these ads!

Flapper's 55 gasser

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mudflap65, Jan 17, 2012.

1. brian55lvr

brian55lvr
    from ma

2. HotRod60F100

HotRod60F100

That thing is BAAAD AAASSSS!!!!!!

3. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Sure better to go overkill, than under!

4. jakedmoe

jakedmoe
    from California

love this Car! great work.

5. mudflap65

mudflap65

Car held together at Grand Bend, played with jetting went slower in the heat to 11.0's. Getting car ready for Empire Gold Cup, can't wait!! Anybody going??

Flap

6. novabbc

novabbc

Craig, glad to hear it's back together! You know we will be there. Looking forward to seeing you and the 55!

7. Glad to hear it held together, I just did the same thing with my jet change. I just changed again and hope it picks up tomorrow at Empire, just so I won't mess with it at the Gold Cup !

8. mudflap65

mudflap65

I will have lots of updates coming up, Empire gold cup was amazing but a little tough on my car!! Engine exploded!!!!!

Attached Files:

9. novabbc

novabbc

Craig, it was great to see you @ the Gold Cup with your awesome 55 but it was too bad the engine let go. Get that car back together!

10. ModelAPunk

ModelAPunk
    from Buffalo NY

Your Car looked great at the Gold Cup! That's Too Bad about the engine. Like Brian (Novabbc) said, Get cracking on a new engine! haha Good luck with it.

11. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

Really nice looking car. Excellent workmanship!!!!!!!!!

Everything done right with no short cuts. The Right Way to do a build.

Jimbo

12. Hey man, it was great to get to meet you in person and shoot the shit. When I seen it was you out on the track broke I figured it was your clutch, since that was what you were worried about. I never expected it to be the engine !
    Bigger and better I guess, lots of breakage this weekend, that track crew did a fabulous job of keeping the surface race ready. From what I remember there were 3 out the block like yours, two sucked valves, one piston, one spun bearing, one transmission scatter and two rear ends .
    Right down to the final round there was breakage !

13. mudflap65

mudflap65

Hi Brian, it was great to see you again, what a pleasure to hang out with you guys, you made us feel very welcome and thanks for your help again!! I was just speaking with a buddy of mine about a 427 BBC, 12.5:1, 7 something lift, killer motor. I would need to fix my Dart heads, I think a 427 screamer in that car would be cool too! I will be back to race with you guys, if I get this motor I will bust my ass to get it back in and be ready for Sept 8 Cayuga

14. mudflap65

mudflap65

It was a great deal at Empire, I will be back soon, I hope!! It was great meeting up with you and I will let you know when we will be back again. You guys have a great thing going with the GRS and you are all a great bunch of guys to hang with!!
    Flapper

15. [​IMG]

one for the not to do again file

[​IMG]

16. We have pistons and rods here @ CP-Carrillo, let me know if I can help

17. 41will

41will
    from Hanover PA

Bitchin car.. the front wheels make the car to me..

18. mudflap65

mudflap65

Rebuild underway!! The heads are being checked and fixed, the motor is very cool. I saw all the parts yesterday, 427 bbc, Ross racing 12.5 to 1, Crower rods, steel crank, solid roller cam. I will be able to rev this motor quite a bit higher, so... gearing might need to change!! Here is some more of the carnage. The 468 was not meant to last with stock bottom end!!

Flap

Attached Files:

19. Sounds like a nice short block and should get you back in business.

20. rat nasty

rat nasty

man just looked at all your post and I'm really glad that you to went with three pedals! yup they are hard on parts but way more fun! very kool 55!

21. brian55lvr

brian55lvr
    from ma

sorry about the motor--

22. fts55

fts55
    from guthrie ok

It blew up because it's mad that it doesn't have lights and see street action!

23. mudflap65

mudflap65

Thanks for the offer, a complete new motor became available

I wouldn't have it any other way!! It is a blast to bang gears with the Jerico!! But it is hard on parts

24. novabbc

novabbc

Hey Craig! I'm glad you found a new bullet and getting that hot rod back out. Just to let you know, I am picking up a 55 tonight! Brian

25. mudflap65

mudflap65

WOW!! Is that the 55 you were telling me about at Empire?? You said it was really clean. Hope to get the motor back early next week. We are running at Cayuga Sept. 8. I am hoping to come back to Empire the next weekend, since I never ran an elimination round at the Gold Cup!! I would like to go back and go out first round to have a beer with you guys!

Flap

26. There's 3 races left, hope you can make it back down and partake in the fun.

27. yruhot

yruhot

Looking great. Keep up the good work.yruhot...........Doug

28. novabbc

novabbc

Thats the one! Hope to see you @ Empire soon and good luck on the 9th. Hers a pic for you.

Attached Files:

29. mudflap65

mudflap65

Car is back together and the 427 is running, a very busy couple of days. The motor was ready Thursday night had it running Friday, went to Cayuga Sunday. Rained out Saturday. So... first pass car went straight up into the air, came down went to shift into second clutch pedal was still on the floor!! I put new header gaskets on and they were thicker than the old ones and the linkage just caught the headers. Next run screwed up the line lock somehow, car was in 3rd gear at launch, clutch stuck to floor again, put it back in 1st and the car went up in the air again, came back to pits, the generator was still running, the rubber pad on the clutch pedal came flying off, and one of the switch handles flew off. Next run took it easy and went 7.4 in the 1/8th. Need to lock out my MSD distributor, pull tranny and go through the measurements for the fork ball and go get some lessons on how to drag race!! Need more seat time to figure out this motor, it revs really quickly, the Ross racing pistons are really light and revs very freely

Flap

30. 55 gasser pickup

55 gasser pickup
    from utah

HA HA!Priceless.Any video of that?Sombody start a video thread of just dumb shit like that.Call it H.A.M.B.S FUNNIEST VIDOES