Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Frog follies

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 33 sd, Aug 11, 2012.

1. FityFive

FityFive

Great show. A lot of vehicles and a great swap meet. What continues to impress me is how well organized this event is.

2. Trucked Up

Trucked Up

You bet some of the other events organizers should attend and take notes. Without a doubt my favorite event every year. I drive 350 miles to attend and would still atend if it was double that.

I really love the laid back atmosphere and the fact that this event is not filled with the Gold Chain Power Brokers. Most all of the attendees are drivers.

If I were only able to attend one event a year this would be it. My only regret is that 10 years ago I ignored the same comments from others and didn't start attending till 2008.

3. kscarguy

kscarguy

Each of my plans to get to the Follies failed.

I planned for months to get my COE to the Frog Follies. But this week was extreemly lousy when one thing after another went wrong, each preventing me from getting to the show.

A week ago, the house cat got lost for and I had to spend all my time searching for her. That meant no time to do anything to finish the COE. Early in the search, I decided I'd just take the wifes car that gets good mileage and just attend the show. Then the wife badly wrecked the car. So, I decided I would just come over on Saturday in my daily driver. Four days into the search, we found the cat and she needed lots of vet care. That meant I could not leave my wife without a car. She needed my daily driver. I seriously thought I would take the COE, bare metal and all to the follies. Saturday morning, the cat was still on the edge and needed more care so I had to stay home. That afternoon we got dark grey clouds that turned into rain.

All Saturday I had that feeling in the pit of my stomach, the feeling you get when you know you are missing something really good. I was pre-registered and bummed that I won't even get my t-shirt (If any Frog Follies people are reading, I would REALLY love to have my shirt if possible).

The good news is that the cat is better. And I actually owe her one...If not for her, I might have driven the truck to the show with all the bare metal and then came home to discover wet roads and rain and my COE would be in the garage and already rusting.

Guess it's time to start planning for next year:
    Item 1 - Put a nuclear powered GPS tracking chip on the cat...

4. lot of talk and no substance,,did anyone take a camera?:D HRP

5. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

6. A Boner

A Boner

7. bbr

bbr
    from Missouri

i went up for the day on saturday, did lots of walking and swapmeeting. picked up a few parts for my 46 coupe. got a wail of a deal on a door. lots of beautiful cars and a few "junk" rods. saw a 42 ish sedan delivery involved in an accident at the entrance stoplight. felt sorry for them. lots of good parts at decent prices.

8. Trucked Up

Trucked Up

No sense in even trying when I know Flipper will be there. He always does a great job covering events.

Thanks Flipper.

9. Thanks for the link,,some great looking traditional cars and trucks,,some street rods and some that are not our still but over all it appears to be a great show. HRP

10. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

thanks for posting. I mixed group for sure. Turnout seems to be good.

11. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

Yeah, the mods on here would have deleted them....so I didn't post them here.

This was my favorite...maybe.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 26, 2012
  12. Egghead

Egghead

Thought I saw ya cruise by Flip, but was'nt sure. Did ya get rid of the big crome wheels?

13. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

The big wheels are still on it.

I didn't take my truck to Follies. I was on foot. I swapped jobs and lost my vacation time this past year. I couldn't get to Memphis to pick the truck up from dad's house.

14. aar0s

aar0s
    from So.Il.

Went today with my dad and was told that they had to clear a bean field so that cars could get in on Saturday, great turnout this year. Great show and the people that put it on are top notch.

15. musclecars

musclecars

Not to take away from Flippers pic link,but I will post a link to the pics I took.I was dis-appointed in myself as I only shot a little over 700 pics,I was shooting for over a 1,000.Lots of walking,but a great show nonetheless,as always.Can't wait for next year.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://public.fotki.com/62704/frog-follies/2012-frog-follies-s/

16. cshades

cshades
    from wi

I thought the show was great and i filled the car up with swap meet stuff.

17. lived there 5 years and never went... biggest regret.

18. jblev34

jblev34

Great pics. Thanks for sharing.

19. 48 Poncho

48 Poncho
    from Tennessee

Last count at the awards was 3968. Over 2000 already pre-registered for next year. Fantastic show!!! If I could only go to one a year this one would be it.

48 Poncho

20. ems customer service

ems customer service

2012 was the first time in 10 years since the last frog follies i attended, i found it better than ever. folks were more friendly than other shows. the swap and vendor area was big and had good traffic.

the ems guy

21. I set up in the swap meet this year. Had a good time. I was surprised by what people bought and did not buy. Brought home I good 40 Ford Standard hood that I priced right. Lots of lookers but no buyers. Overall, expenses exceeded revenue but the experience was priceless.

22. Flipper caught a picture of dad and me...

[​IMG]

23. Redz Rodz

Redz Rodz

cool pics flipper ! some off the wall hot rods ,always wanted to get to the follies ,some day!!

24. bbr

bbr
    from Missouri

some really nice pic's i was only there 5 hours and walked at a fast pace the whole time and didnt even get close to seing everything.