Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Bob's Big Boy Broiler Opens In Downey!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cyclone Kevin, Oct 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Divinity Roxx (born Debbie Lashun Walker on February 5, 1976) is an American recording artist, composer, and musician (bassist). She is best known for touring and performing with Beyonce Knowles (2006–2011)

2. LIL ANGE.

LIL ANGE.
    from Long Beach

man went by bobs last night, must of been a 100 cars there for a cruise night, everything form kustoms, bombs, lowriders,bikes and rods. great turn out

3. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Cruise night tonight at BBBB, C'mon out and bring your car,Y'never know it could become a star! See JG's post above re:"Bite My Style". Hope ta see y'all there!

4. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

You mean?, There gonna put me in the Movies!!!. "And all I gotta do is...........
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  5. LIL ANGE.

LIL ANGE.
    from Long Beach

6. At the Broiler for dinner and car show. This place is boss!!

7. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Get em ready for tomorrow people

[​IMG]

8. Mine's still covered in ElMir dirt, cos I've been so busy(are you buying this?) but really I'm just a lazy mo-fo! I have to pick up and drop off some things, out that way tomorrow. So I'm going to procrastinate(no not me!)and stop by the Broiler on the way back. Go team.. are they for hire?

9. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Hey Jay, will see if I get mine washed as well. Went to that Military Vehicle Museum last Sunday there next to Whittier Narrows Park. The parking lot was dirt and my turn downs made a mess of things. :mad: I know, lets have a dirty Tri Five gathering. ;)

10. I have a lot of block sanding to do tomorrow. I'm not scrubbing my chebby clean.. deal with the dirt is what I say. See you there!

11. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

12. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

13. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Good cruise going on tonight, c'mon out!! ;).

14. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Cuz you'll never know what will show up.....

[​IMG]
    down here down here, :D like the Zepher Willie just scored this evening.

15. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Cruise Night at The Broiler. C'mon out and beat the heat.........It's a Kool Place!

16. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Bedlam @ the Broiler on Sat the 25th, 10-5pm, come on out and listen to some great bands,check out the Betty's for the Pin Up contest, have a cool one in the beer garden, stroll around some hot iron and above all eat some great grub served up by Bob's. Well be lookin 4 ya!

17. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

18. sounds kool.. might show up

19. SoCal Merc

SoCal Merc
    from SoCal

Sorry to hear Bob's in Torrance is going to close. Going to miss it, AGAIN!

20. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

So Cal Merc,
    Thanx 4 your patonage at Jim's Torrance location. By consolidating this Torrance location into the Broiler location, Jim will finally get a rest. There are many reasons to make this move, One of them being patronage,another being lease payment increases.

We too visited this location last evening to say goodbye & look forward to seeing you at the Broiler for our weekly Wednesday night cruise and our year round events where we will be better to serve you. Come on out and visit here for your Big Boy fix.

21. I picked up a similar flyer at LimeWorks. So far it looks like a go.. hope to see you guys there!

22. SoCal Merc

SoCal Merc
    from SoCal

Thanks Kevin,

I've had the pleasure of meeting Jim a couple of times. A nice man and a true car guy on top of that. See you at the Broiler

Brian

23. dirtybirdpunk

dirtybirdpunk

Same here, I was bummed the first time it closed and now for the second, we ate there practically every weekend up until last weekend..... Oh well, things dont last forever......

24. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Hope to see ya at the Broiler then, We're still here ;).
    Thx,
    Kevin

25. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I plan on being in L.A. during Christmas-time and I am going to Bob's to have a real American hamburger.

26. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Got a call yesterday from Bad Bob asking me to please be on the look out for this gal in this photo that he ran into on the Salt Flats. Well I see her and walk up and introduce myself and deliver Bobs message as promised thinking that would be all. Well this was one of those chance meets that come around once in a blue moon for me. She was so excited about being at the Broiler but that wasn't all. Liz has been running around thru many differant States popping off pictures of places from days gone by and loving every minute of it. To quote "theres nothing like this in Canada".

[​IMG]

27. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Liz, her very Kool Mom and Dad spent time @ the Great White Dyno and made their way through Vegas and on to our Broiler! This young lady is amazing! She and a friend have done Rte 66 in a VW Bus just like the old days and is looking for Neon.

Juicy Gee intro'd her to Adriene and I because Bad Bob couldn't get away from his gig.
    I'm so glad to see parents that are passing this way of life onto their kids. Congrats as there is a whole wide world of Kool waiting for them.

Hope to see some of you at the Bedlam @ The Broiler a little later this morning.
    Liz and her parents will be there,looking forward to seeing them again.

28. SoCal Merc

SoCal Merc
    from SoCal

On Tuesday, going to the Torrance Bob's for breakfast with some friends for the last time.......

29. Thanks for the show, today. It was good seeing 'Juicy Gee', Fabian & Kevin, again!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I even fell in love for a minute, or so..

[​IMG]

30. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Great seeing you there today J. It was a nice day, lots of good people and kool rods & kustoms!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.