Register now to get rid of these ads!

My New T Bucket!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JReece, Aug 17, 2012.

1. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Great score. Hope you got a great deal on it. I like it a lot. It has a great mid 70's vibe just the way it sits.

Besides that, it reminds me of my late Father's bucket he owned. It had a little 283 too and would still scare ya tearing away from a light!

The pic shows my son and I in the car a long time ago (He is 26 now...)

Have fun!

Attached Files:

2. JReece

JReece

Wow, that's awesome man. This is what I love about the HAMB!

Thanks, JReece

My clothing line HiRevZ Clothing Co.
    http://www.facebook.com/hirevz

Most of all build what you want, do what you want, it's your car. My uncle has always said, "If you like it, I love it." Meaning doesn't matter if he likes it or not, because it isn't his car.

3. Monkey

Monkey
    from Owasso, OK

Congrats brother! Have fun and welcome to the bucket club!

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

4. Monkey

Monkey
    from Owasso, OK

Here's a pic of mine... uploadfromtaptalk1345354014778.jpg

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

5. JReece

JReece

Beautiful!!!

Thanks, JReece

Most of all build what you want, do what you want, it's your car. My uncle has always said, "If you like it, I love it." Meaning doesn't matter if he likes it or not, because it isn't his car.

6. Looking at the photos, no doubt when that car was built.

7. JReece

JReece

Yeah, the sword dipstick, shag carpeting, and lantern taillights give it away. ;)

Thanks, JReece

8. JReece

JReece

We cleaned it up today and polished the chrome a little.

ImageUploadedByTJJ1345417659.565581.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTJJ1345417677.990812.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTJJ1345417697.470946.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTJJ1345417826.562115.jpg

Thanks, JReece

9. Phillips

Phillips
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Personally I like the '70s wide tire all-around look.

10. JReece

JReece

I like the look also. I just think it would handle better. ;-)

Thanks, JReece

11. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I looked at the pics you just posted and I'm wondering about leg and foot placement in relation to the shifter. Maybe the angle of the pic makes it look difficult.

12. JReece

JReece

Lol, it is. I just put my left foot on the firewall under the dash, but I'm a big guy.

Thanks, JReece

13. JReece

JReece

The Toddler Onesie I designed tonight for my son Cameron.

ImageUploadedByTJJ1345779083.130386.jpg

Thanks, JReece

14. JReece

JReece

Alright guys had an interesting time today, and now this thread has now become a rebuild thread. My dad and I were riding in the bucket today and I was in first gear, getting on the gas pretty hard and was going to put it back in drive, and somehow skipped all the way to reverse. Then, the back wheels locked up and we slid for about 30ft, as the car was turning sideways going across the other lane and into the grass right next to a embankment. My back tire was right at the age of the hill. Somehow the car stopped just in the nic of time, God must've been looking out for us today.

The car was damaged pretty good today. The steering system has three different bends in it now, one in the drag link, one in the column itself and one in the tie rod end on the right tire. Also the body was cracked and busted in a few different places where it was ripped off the frame with our 500 pounds in it going to one side. Also the lower part of the windshield was busted, from the twisting of the body. And the passenger side header is collapsed some.

Here are some pics at the seen.

ImageUploadedByTJJ1345942384.691563.jpg ImageUploadedByTJJ1345942400.366062.jpg ImageUploadedByTJJ1345942417.968513.jpg ImageUploadedByTJJ1345942434.152605.jpg ImageUploadedByTJJ1345942451.688399.jpg

We have decided now to fix all the issues with it, and repaint it satin black and do some pinstriping, and have a low windshield.

Here is what we did today, we straightened the body back on the frame and removed the broken windshield and moved the top glass down. I think it already looks cool.

ImageUploadedByTJJ1345942466.186311.jpg

Thanks, JReece

15. budd

budd

i'm guessing the car has no reverse lockout.

16. JReece

JReece

Nope, the shifter is just a rod in the floor. Needs to be a cable shifter.

Thanks, JReece

17. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Glad you are all ok! Same scenerio... I took my dad for a Hobie cat ride a few months after his bypass operation and I was hot rodding a little to see what it would do. It was fun until I flipped it on it's side. Pops was not amused. After we righted the boat, he hitched a ride to the beach in a power boat that stopped to help us. And he never asked for another ride, for some reason. But he did consider it a good "stress test" and claimed all was OK after our dip. Hope your dad feels the same way! Gary

18. GLAD TO HEAR YOU ALL ARE OK.
    ]I DON'T THINK I'D CHANGE A SINGLE THING,--- THAT WAY THE MISSUS & I COULD GO CUISING TONIGHT IN "ONE COOL T" :cool:[/SIZE]

IF YOU CHANGE YOUR MIND YOU CALL ME IMMEDIATELY, --- DON'T FORGET NOW --- I'LL TAKE IT OFF YOUR HANDS !! :rolleyes: REMMEMBER I'M DOING YOU A FAVOR ?!! :confused:

Last edited: Aug 25, 2012
  19. JReece

JReece

Lol, you would want it all tore up! It's not hardly drivable right now.

Thanks, JReece

20. JReece

JReece

My dad was great about everything. It scared me pretty bad, but it scared the crap out of him. But he handled the situation very well. I could tell he really cared and was worried. He was also sympathetic over the car. Maybe even empathetic, we just sat on the couch for about two hours moping.

Thanks, JReece

21. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I've got reverse lock-out and I still don't try shifting like that. Not to say I have not thought about it.;) Looks like you'll have her back on the road in no time. Good luck.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2012
  22. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

Well start documenting! I will watch! J

23. JReece

JReece

Tearing it down! ImageUploadedByTJJ1346532521.838643.jpg

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

24. Killer32

Killer32
    from California

Vey nice,,,enjoy!

25. BLUDICE

BLUDICE

I've heard this deal several times with TBuckets. Example; a T returning home from NSRA Nationals north bound on I65 hit one of those surprise bumps hard enough to move the shifter to reverse. The rear locked up and the T went side ways off the road. Tore the car up, and she got hurt- could have been worst. You were very lucky-a warning to others that ALL autos need lock outs!

26. Glad you are ok and to let ya know how fast this stuff can happen to you, look at what happen to me about 3 years ago.

[​IMG]

27. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Swade, that's typical T Bucket shenanigans.:D

28. JReece

JReece

Wow, at least yours is on video. ;). Did it scare the crap out of you?

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

29. Nice old bucket but now that you have had a fright and are going to do some work on it,,can I suggest you cut the front cross member off and built a new one using a piece of round and purchase a after-market drop axle with some brakes added. I'm not keen on the wide front wheels either but it is your car.

Attached Files:

30. GasserTodd

GasserTodd

Theres a dude on here by the name of Ron Pope - from RPM (Ron Pope Motorsport). Sorry but I cant remember the name hes uses on here, but go to http://www.eztbucket.com/ and thats him. He makes all manner of stuff for T bucket chassis', hes way knowledgeable and his prices are very fair.

I would recommend that, for your own safety, you start the rebuild by having a look at his stuff.