Register now to get rid of these ads!

$1,000 reward

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MoKanMan, Aug 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robyyo

robyyo
    from Orange CA

Alright, I'm going to say it. Probably going to sound like the bad guy, but after 210 posts I feel it needs to be said. Cars get keyed all the time, sure it sucks that it happened here, but it happens all the time. This is why we get insurance. Insurance is the little voice in the back of your head that says "hey, maybe some asshole might key my car, I better be insured in case that happens." Yeah you have to pay a deductible but that is the world we live in and for anyone to be naive enough to think that a H.A.M.B. event would be sheltered from the real world needs to have their heads examined.

2. Yea thay are the new lawn chair.

3. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

The stakes on a pop up tent work fine if you're smart enough to drive them into the ground at a angle.

If you're not, and you just put them straight into the ground. . . then you're tent is likely to fly away.

4. okay kids put the chairs and tent in tha truck cuz we are takin off after this last beer ... ..wha???? I dont care just get the tent taken down .. carry stuff over there don't drag itbin the dirt and raise dust all over the dang place....hey... just this once you try and pack it all up ... grow up a little ... oh .....mind the wind it can move this stuff around ifn your not controlling it ooh here comes a digger.....

5. Which pixle is the guy?
    :p

6. ^Those people definitely look like they're up to no good. LOL

7. PackardWood

PackardWood
    from JoCo, NC

I said like three pages ago that those two blue popups on the left were aimed right at the lac AND leaning toward it RIGHT BY the track which is the windiest place!!!:eek:

8. PackardWood

PackardWood
    from JoCo, NC

I think there should be a new effort made at H.A.M.B. events to go around to the popups and make sure that they are staked down well. If the owners of the popups can't or won't do it just take out you knife and cut 3, 5ft long "wind relief vents" in the roof of it for them! ;-)

9. Buzznut

Buzznut

Imagine the horror if one of them blew onto the track during a run. I like the idea of having them secured where high winds are present...I've seen them fly away at Bonneville. Maybe offer base weights to ALL who have pop-ups right at the entrance, but banned people from having shade? Really?

Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
  10. 49F1Jeff

49F1Jeff
    from Oregon

This thread rocks! :D

1st all the junior detectives came out, followed by the lynch mob, then more detectives, now the "ban the pop-up" crowd is here. Maybe we need a thread (with pics) on how to properly set up and stake down your pop-up shelter. Pretty soon they will be banned in Kalifornia because one car may have been hit by one out in the midwest. :rolleyes:

11. PackardWood

PackardWood
    from JoCo, NC

LMFAO!! Where is Matlock when you need him!?

12. The Big M

The Big M

At first glance I also thought that the blue one was missing at 1:41, but it is indeed still there. You can see one of the legs and a small sliver of blue fabric peeking out from behind the tan one.

13. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

There's nothing to work out. The OP said the insurance of the Caddy owner is taking care of it and there's no deductible. So, what would have to be taken care of?

In fact, in light of the insurance coverage, this thread is basicly useless. All it's done so far is bring out the internet head hunters in our community. It seems if someone did come up and appoligise, they'd get bashed and hung out to dry.

Someone needs to start a "High cost of car shows" thread and start some new drama.

14. Buzznut

Buzznut

Where was the butler at 1:41, and did anyone notice that one of the candlesticks is missing from the dinning table?

15. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

real men don't need any pop up shade.

16. I'm making popcorn.

17. Good....this has gone on so long the first batch got stale........

18. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Some of these new 'jobs' we keep hearing about might be 'agents' who would police these things, arresting anyone who may have erected one without foundation...

Agents would be issued a 'carry permit', and be armed and badged.

Might be a few prospects right in this thread.

19. Lasagna is better....

[​IMG]

20. PackardWood

PackardWood
    from JoCo, NC

for real!!!

21. TexasDart

TexasDart

hey wait a minute I just bought one with screens....:) But I keep it my back yard to keep the mosquitos at bay.

22. robyyo

robyyo
    from Orange CA

After carefully scrutinizing the photo's in post 188 I can, in good faith say, that it has become painfully apparent that this, indeed was a conspiracy perpetrated by the group of people congregating on the grassy knoll adjacent to the tan, easy up tent. They're all complicit in the blatant vandalism on the OT car at a HAMB sanctioned event. Maybe they're backed by the Cubans, the Mafia, the Russians or the CIA, or all of the above, but one thing is certain, this is truly a sad, sad day in our hobby. I'll have some lasagna, the popcorn is, indeed, stale.

23. PackardWood

PackardWood
    from JoCo, NC

yeah,I have one for BBQ's but wouldn't be caught dead at a drag-strip with one. Hell those little "Fanny pack" belt/bag (man purse) things from the 80's are pretty useful too, better start bringing them to the drag-strip to fellas.;)

24. PackardWood

PackardWood
    from JoCo, NC

LOL.....So what do you guys do around here when threads like this have run their course? Is there like an off switch they (the man) throws on the thread, or does it just have to drift slowly off in to the night?:confused:

25. indianhead74

indianhead74

My wife and I drove older cars for years we had a bunch of little kids and a mortgage. Well, All the kids graduated from college and the house got paid off so The wife and I bought a stylish car. Almost new, Anyway , Some low life might think that they were doing the world a favor by keying a nice car, What dumb asses! Indy

26. rampant150

rampant150

This particular sad thread gets to sit around until it gets un-stickied.

27. PackardWood

PackardWood
    from JoCo, NC

:eek:oohhhhhhh......

28. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

I think the mob came out because it was originally thought someone did this on purpose, if someone had done this for fun to a 71 year old mans car, the mob should have come out

29. sponge

sponge
    from Austin tx

heres my take on this from the pictures i see.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

30. TULSA

TULSA
    from Tulsa

One thought on the blue tent not looking so great...

Can those be adjusted? I know it was cloudy but maybe the little sun there was was shining on their backs so they adjusted it down?

If not looks pretty obvious!!;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.