Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 41 plymouth coupe 392 hemi build thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by farmer12, Apr 7, 2010.

1. x2 what 48 plysled said.

2. HAMBy Birthday, Eric!

hope you enjoy today with your wife, kids, floridian palm trees swayin' in a breeze, cocktails, some ole cars, Hambers, just whatever you prefer!

Cheers to a one-of-fellow! :cool:;)

3. Hogman

Hogman
    from Dallas, TX

x2.

4. farmer12

farmer12

Thank you for the birthday wishes guys! Having a great time here in Miami! Here's a pic of mrs farmer12 enjoying herself as well.

Attached Files:

5. ..as i can see, you and your girl are having all the important things around you, nice to see!! :) so i will raise my glass to you in just a few moments, cheers, Eric and family!

6. joco

joco

[​IMG]

Have a good time !

Car likes this.
  7. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:DHi Eric.Happy birthday.May you have many more happy,healthy and prosperous ones.Enjoy Miami.Great place.I was born and raised about 125 miles North from there.EASY day trip.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

8. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Hey Eric, happy birthday my friend, i'm sure your having a whale of a time in Miami, Enjoy mate

9. Smokeybear

Smokeybear

Happy Birthday Eric. Enjoy your VACA!

10. farmer12

farmer12

A big thank you to all the birthday wishers, it is sincerely appreciated! I'm loving it here in Miami beach. We're right in the middle of the art deco district and it's awesome! Thank you again everyone!

11. 1959apache

1959apache

happy birthday Eric, hope all is going well. How is your vacation?

12. wheelnutmarc

wheelnutmarc

Have a happy vacation B day Erik!!!:)

13. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Happy Birthday, Big E!

14. plmczy

plmczy

Happy birthday Eric.

15. 48plysled

48plysled

Happy birthday buddy. Hope Miami is treating ya well

16. jbtine

jbtine

Vacations suck with all that rain training up the east coast. At least you didn't take a direct hit from Isaac. I had the privledge of Ivan in 2004 in Pensacola....not fun

17. BettyBlue

BettyBlue

Anyone have 41 Plymouth hood hinges ?? Hey Eric, hope you are well... Final paint next week and my hood hinges aren't right!

18. farmer12

farmer12

Thanks Scott! Vacation was great, but at the same time looking forward to getting back in the garage.

Thanks Marc.

Thanks Rock.

Thank you!
    Miami and the cruise boat treated us very well!

We managed to stay well clear of Isaac, just a few showers, that was all.

Now while I was in the US, I managed to pick up the vent window rubber stripping, some gloves and a jack for in the Plymouth. (you'll never know when you may need it....) Getting back in the garage tomorrow to continue where I left off, the running boards.

Attached Files:

19. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Welcome back,good to hear you had a nice trip

20. welcome home, my friend, i told Isaac to make a wide bow around all Hambers, seems it worked! ;)

21. farmer12

farmer12

The trip was good, the jetlag is just something I can't get used to.....

Thank you. Isaac stayed well clear, just a few showers. It was good coming home and walking into my garage again today. I managed to get clean it up a bit and started with the running boards again. Progress report tomorrow.

22. hot_rod_bones

hot_rod_bones
    from topeka, ks

Jetlag is nothing for me anymore. flying back and forth from iraq and afghanistan gets a person used to it.

look forward to seeing those running boards

23. farmer12

farmer12

Here are the running boards! Well, at least the brackets....and the modification required.

I started yesterday continuing straightening the drivers side running board. Before I know by how much I need to extend it rearwards towards the fender, I had to mount it in place. The brackets did not fit at all! I know I've brought the body closer to the chassis, but it wasn't 3 inches. Instead of wasting time and energy on finding out from which car they came from, I started modifying the 2 of them. After a lot of cuts, welds, test fitting and grinding, I managed to get them to fit perfectly. The last pic shows the new compared to the original from the right hand side.

Maybe I'm the only idiot that will spend 8-10 hours modifying a couple of brackets, but it was worth it. :D:D:D

At the end of next week I'll extend the running board at the rear, so that no spacer will be required any more.

Attached Files:

24. Hogman

Hogman
    from Dallas, TX

Great work as usual. It's good to have you back. I missed the progress reports while you were on holiday. Looking forward to the next instalments.

25. Plung

Plung
    from San Diego

Welcome back. Nice fabrication work Eric. Have you decided what you're going to cover the running boards with? Looking good.

26. plmczy

plmczy

They sort of look like the brackets on my 40, not quite sure though. Nice work.

27. oldskolrick

oldskolrick

28. farmer12

farmer12

Thank you Hogman. It's good to be back in the garage.

Thanks Mick. With regards to covering of the running boards: I still need to do some research on that. I'd like to go with a finely ribbed rubber surface to cover it. Any other ideas are of course welcome.:D

29. 1959apache

1959apache

FINALLY AN UPDATE... okay now that is over. You are approaching 400,000 views dude and you are nowhere close to finished on the little stuff you have been working on! (<--meant in a nice way) So you will have to let me know how that goes as far as the supports.. I was thinking the same thing, but it looks like your rockers are a lot more solid than mine. Good progress though, I am digging it. How did you fill in all of the dents and stuff?

30. gatz

gatz

Great job on the running board brkts.
    I've checked a few places; 1 in Canada, 1 in Georgia about re-covering running boards, as I'll need to do something with the ones on my 40 Chrysler.
    Both places claim to do "show quality" work. And they;re kind of expensive. I'll relay the name if you want them. Have you looked around over there yet?

I'd thought about having them sprayed with that bed-liner stuff (all HAMB members do a collective gasp) but not sure that would look "right" and probably be a bear to get off if it ended up being a distraction.

Also, there's all those holes to fill in.