Register now to get rid of these ads!

HAMB Drags

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chevy348, Aug 20, 2012.

1. onedge

onedge

Speechless is right. No mercy peroid.

2. Just pointless

I cannot grasp what joy or amusement one gets out of damaging another's property.

How boring is there life? Can they speak in clear sentences ? Do they know basic math in there head?

I would say no, mom and dad are brother and sister and uncle cousin " rested" his penis on the back of there throat when they were just a child.

This is the only reason I can see for anyone thinking keying another's car would be a good idea

Hope they catch the asshat and put sharp, hot and/or pointy jagged things in his anal cavity

3. Rick Sis

Rick Sis
    from Tulsa OK

Sometime back in the early 80's, My Dad bought my Mom a new Cadillac. I remember it was only a couple of weeks old and was parked in an office parking lot as we were inside doing some real estate business. The Caddy wasn't parked next to anyone, or mis-parked in any way. Someone kicked the door in on it.

It's bad enough when you are a victim of something like this, but to see it happen to your parents that have worked long and hard to retirement is indescribable.

Someone knows something about this. Maybe just saw someone in the area that made you uncomfortable or whatever. Step up with any info at all. Those that know what happened can rest easy about any possible retaliation. Do the right thing, or carry it the rest of your life.....and beyond.

4. RacerRick

RacerRick

This really pisses me off. I was parked down there too and wish I had seen the scumbag doing it. The only downside to that is your pops would be washing blood off of the car, and it can be a pain to get out.

5. I sure hope it wasnt a car guy of ANY type. To me, touching another persons car is the lowest of the low. Be a man about it and get in someones face. Hell, be a little boy about it and kick their kid, but a car? That defines a pussy. :cool:

6. Monkey

Monkey
    from Owasso, OK

I took a lot of pictures from the pit side. See if this is it? Everything over there is kinda blury because I was focused on the cars on the strip. Maybe this will help remind people that were around this area.

[​IMG]

7. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

How in the hell could someone do that and not be seen by someone? I just don't get it.

I'm pretty sure smoke is coming from my ears at the moment. So pissed.

8. Someone always sees it. I hope that someone steps up, maybe they decide that their buddy isn't that good a buddy after all.

With all the pics and video there must be something somewhere.

9. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Just a cheap shot at the RR crowd. :) Don't worry about it.. Let's focus on finding this guy.

10. yeah im all for taking the problem to the source FULLY but thats not how or what i meant what i typed

what i meant was that whatever asshole did this thought they were doing it to someone elses car

i know chevy348 a little bit hes a pretty cool laid back guy i doubt seriously he or his dad made an enemy that quick out there

11. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

Thank you everyone who is stepping up and helping this guy with the deductible at least we are showing that we are better then this lowlife who did this. Maby seeing everyone step up and do something positive will help erase some of the memory of this for him, What a way to ruin a father son trip, going to try and do the same thing next year, I would love to do something like this with my dad while he's still around

12. KCTA Chris

KCTA Chris

That's awful.
    But to a local who was in the club, ran the grounds in the past and who came all that way to be with us? Damn.

I'm sure the scum will be caught and taken care of.

The hospitality I've received from the HAMB and it's members are family like, this act of cowardness takes some soil to the good name. Chevy348 if your father will make the journey back, and Ryan still has the same hotel, I will pop for his room Fri or Sat night next year.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
  13. Monkey

Monkey
    from Owasso, OK

Man, that's awesome!

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

14. BAD ROD

BAD ROD

This is inexcusable and should never be tolerated. *I am very much opposed to some of the tolerated negative "attitudes" on the HAMB.

The HAMB openly promotes the bashing of "gold chainers". *Could this be a simple extension?

15. ems customer service

ems customer service

it is somewhat a extension of attitudes in our society as a whole, the man was successfull and drove a newer expensive car, it seems popular to put a negitive opinion on a person hard work these days. it also seems popular for low life stupid lazy people to promote their lack of intelligence and lazyness are normal.

the idiots who did were jealous and to stupid to understand how the man was able to get a nice new car so they thought by vandalizing it they status in society was improved. blaming the rich guy for there lack of success is not the solution

16. chevy348

chevy348
    from Ohio

Here are some pictures. I'm no photographer and my camera sucks, but here they are. The only thing I could not capture were the creases on all the scratches. With that said, I'm not interested in a debate with anyone about how it happend, accidental or intentional. My 55 is in this album too near the end, pay no attention to that. http://www.flickr.com/

Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  17. Long Roof Larry

Long Roof Larry

From looking at the photos it almost looks like something may have slid across the side and top of the car. The random widths of the white marks and direction of them across certian panels/areas look like scuffs more so than actual dug in "by hand" scratches.

Any possible way a part flew off a car going down the track or a pop up tent that was close to the car got loose in the wind and hit it?

I know the photos do not represent exactly what it looks like in person, but just a thought from what I can see from the photos. Like so many others have said, I would hate to think someone did this on purpose!

Larry

18. s1buell

s1buell
    from Indiana

With the damage being high on the rear and transferring white paint it is possible that someone who was carrying an EZ-UP or another object on their shoulder walking to close to the rear of the car caused damage like that. An accident is still no excuse for not admitting to the damage and makes the discovery without known cause sting much worse. In today’s jaded world an intentional act is rightfully almost always the first thing suspected. For the sake of your future enjoyment at car events, I hope you learn that this was an accident caused by a spineless bonehead who was afraid to admit and pay for his mistake.

19. Old Dude

Old Dude

I would be willing to bet, it was some underaged Drunken PUNK, that did it. Check all the video's, and find out who it was. The law will slap their hands and release them, and they go out and do again. They were not brought up to respect other peoples' belonings. They need their butts whipped by every Hamb Member, until he has blisters, on his Ass !

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
  20. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

since it seems to have been determined that it was a drunk pop up that was two sheets in the wind, question about the drags themselves, are vintage slingshot dragsters accepted at the hamb drags? Guy came by work after buying a vintage one,still learning to drive it, but providing it survives until next year, I'm going to tell him about the HAMB and the drags. My phone was acting up but I may be able to get some pictures from someone else at work, he has run race cars before but never one of these, and he has someone teaching him, He was doing some low speed tests out on the taxiway, Great looking car, You can tell the car guys, everyone else is standing against the building 50 feet away, I'm standing two feet away while they spray the carbs and start it up. Whats the point of seeing a dragster if your teeth don't rattle? :D

21. gonmad

gonmad

Sheesh, that sucks!! Glad they didn't do it to my Escalade I was driving! I was driving it since I had a blowout in the wagon that screwed some stuff up Friday night going to Joplin!

22. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I think something very telling is in something you posted originally, you said:

We were on the spectators side towards the end. In fact we parked next to an older Chevy beige or light tan van camper conversion that had an awning on it (on my drivers side) and on the passenger side of us was a black Ford pickup I believe. Dad's Cadillac is a Crystal Red tintcoat, SRX.

You were "parked next to an older Chevy beige or light tan van camper conversion THAT HAD AN AWNING ON IT. Maybe the wind caught the awning or some lawn chairs they had and caused them to fly over top of your car. As soon as I read what was parked next to you my antennas went up.

Don

23. ok ok ok.... the point is a bad thing happend. clearly something did this. someone owned that something. right? all on the same page good. now lets call it a "canopy", if i had to peel my canopy off of a car (especially a new car) i would clearly be able to see that it did damage. as opposed to thinking that those scratchs were there before...lets say that my canopy wasnt on the car when i found it on the ground. i have to walk to go get it. i have to walk by cars. i would probably see damage and put 2+2 together to equal 7... now if it wasent on the car still and i did have to walk. to get get it on the ground it probably didnt hit just that one car. i would have expected it to scratch severl. unless of course my canopy just hated new caddys.

the point is that a bad thing happend and no one is took responsibilty for it (you know that thing our parents taught us) and they should.

oh and by the way i was there; it wasnt that windy...

24. chevy348

chevy348
    from Ohio

I looked at it first thing. It was a wind up type. If it blew off, it would have tore the whole assembly off.

25. Incarnation

Incarnation

26. vonpahrkur

vonpahrkur

sorry that happened to you, there are some real scumbags out there that like to mess up people's stuff and cause them problems, they probably think it's cool to do stuff like that. They couldn't be more wrong. Hope they find who did it!

27. Fisk

Fisk
    from Dallas

My 07 explorer has almost the same exact scratches!

From me being a dumbass and not securing a 10' metal framed awning that was in front of it. Wind picked it up and blew it right over the top. What looked like white scratches were the white paint from where the metal frame rubbed.

Not sayin that's what it is, but that's what it looks like.

28. chevy348

chevy348
    from Ohio

I agree.

29. LB+1

LB+1
    from 71291

This kind of crap is just sad - :mad:

30. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

I own a body shop, and that doesn't look like key type of damage, looks more like something hit it and flew across panel, I would lean more towards something blowing over on the car, from high winds, or something flying loose off of the track and hitting the car. I have seen alot of vandalism, Due to having a meat packing plant in town, and when made at a co worker alot of cars get keyed. and your damage is not that type. I feel it is an honest mistake type thing, just my two cents.