Register now to get rid of these ads!

2012 Ventura Nationals UPDATE!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bigdaddyslip, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Ventura Nationals

Ventura Nationals
    from Ventura

Thanks Danny we are also looking forward to your guys club pick!!!

2. Who's Robert Eggplant? I'll be there in my 1966 Biscayne 396 4spd. Gold with Cragars and cheaters.

3. That sounds like a killer ride. cant wait to see it. Got any pictures?

4. I just discovered that this is the only picture that I have of it. I will get more.

Attached Files:

5. I got the Biscayne to fire today after 8 years of sitting.

6. To cool man. Can't wait to see it.

7. I drove it up n down my street abit. What a fucking animal. And I'm like a kid in a candy store, too cool.

8. One more weekend left to work on your cars and get em detailed.

9. I'm trying to get my Biscayne ready. Here's the engine that I slipped in. Kind of unassuming huh?

Attached Files:

10. Ventura Nationals

Ventura Nationals
    from Ventura

Thursday is the last day to get in those preregistrations. Weather is looking amazing as usual. Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

www.venturanationals.com

11. deto

deto

My ride is in the body shop. Gotta get it painted by Wednesday to put it back together in time for the show!

12. Man, I'm getting the bugs worked out. Now I have to replace some brake parts, I guess it didn't like sitting for 8 years after all. I'll make it though.

13. and rebuild the Carb.

14. big_jae

big_jae

dont remember much of the last three shows...this year im rolling sober :eek::eek:

15. So stoked for next weekend. It can't get here fast enough.

16. hahah bro see you there, look for me and the ride. You still got my number ? meesage me bro:cool:

17. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

We are looking forward to rolling up to the show. See you all there.

18. Fred A

Fred A
    from Encino, CA
    1. Upholstery

Look at the price on that swap space! Who thought of that number? That's forty bucks more than the LA Roadster which is an established high dollar show. Takes two spaces to make one normal space. Been to Ventura a few times and the swap is purely an afterthought with a half sized space. I thought I'd sell some of my hotrod treasure and make "a little extra cash!!!" Be very little left after buying those spaces. Take a severe drone to not say anything. Hope that's not the nature of the Hamb crowd. I know what is expected here. I'm suposed to say 'Cool!, yeah baby, I'm subscribed! and blow some silly smoke while these guys advertise their event for free. Think about it: Fred A

19. DYNODANNY

DYNODANNY

Trying to get my buddy's 54 ready.

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

Attached Files:

20. JGFabrication

JGFabrication

Very nice!!! @ DYNODANNY The 54 looks rad man, Im in the same boat getting the wifes car re assembled after paint, you still have a buddy doing polishing? Get at me whenever you can and lets see some more picts from everyone headed out next weekend!!! Gotta keep the motivation up.

21. Carnuba

Carnuba
    BANNED

That's why I go to observe most events, instead of paying big money to participate. As the economy gets worse, event planners price things in the wrong direction over and over:confused:

22. Goozgaz

Goozgaz

I will be there along with about 20 club brothers and club freinds.

... and by 20 I mean cars.

23. Well I am now FUCKED! the clutch fork on my Biscayne just broke. So unless I find one in time to change it I won't be going. I need one like this. Straight, not bent.

Attached Files:

24. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Hey Rob, glad to see another BIscayne. Mine was a '65. It had a 283 and 3 speed. I put in a dual quad 454 and Richmond 6 speed. I wish I had never sold it.
    DSC00043.jpg DSC00042.jpg
    DSC00040.jpg DSC00039.jpg

I use to get parts from American Classic Auto Wrecking in Washington.

25. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Whats just broke about it? The spring? Doesn't even look like it's been in a car for some time.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
  26. That is a before photo of the fork. It is now somewhere on the fwy where it fell off after breaking at the fingers where the throw out bearing rides.

27. looks like a BITCHIN' car rick. You should never have sold it but we all do dumb things. That's why I'm hanging onto mine. I know that I would regret selling it, even now. If I can't fix it I doubt that I'm even going to the show now.

28. GENTLEMEN I AM BACK IN THE GAME!!! Just found all of my parts. See ya at the show.

29. deto

deto

Hell yeah!

30. Yeah I'm having Groucho help me finish this Monday. I'm tired of messing with this. This will be the fourth time I've had this tranny out. Sometimes you just need help to get it done right.
    You guys remember Groucho right? He was alot of help here to alot of people. Sure he's a little awnry, but that's just Groucho.