Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage hot rod music video shoot ,

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirtbag13, Aug 20, 2012.

1. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

bout a month or so ago some guys i know were looking for hot rods to use in their music video , so the girlfriend and i went down and had a pretty good time , the roadster in the video is actually the lead singers , you can see my roadster pickup in a few shots and the first drag race scene ! enjoy http://vimeo.com/46229034name of the band is rumble seat riot and they have some other songs too !

Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
  2. bridger

bridger

3. 36cab

36cab
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey Brock- it looks like you had him off the line but we did not get to see the end of the race. Did you beat him or is the flathead still the king?,:D

4. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

haha i had to keep my foot out of it , they said to make it look real like it was close , its me in the end where he passes me too , they were shooting from a honda suv so if we were to actually floor it i would have rammed the cammera car ! still fun to run down the aitfield though

5. outlaw256

outlaw256

well guys i quess im gettin old cause i dont really like the music, but DAMN i do like the rides...lol my music taste is like my cars,musically im stuck in the 60s and 70s and my builds also reflect that time period...but it was or is one of the best vids ive seen in along time...way to go...

6. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

few pics from the shoot

Attached Files:

7. putz

putz
    from wisc.

i,m old and i thought it is great !!!!!!

8. Wow, well done those people.....way cool.:)

9. chubbie

chubbie

great!! is this an Iowa band? great song. check out the gelded coment from the kid when pops gives him the roadster:rolleyes:

10. BAD ROD

BAD ROD

That's awesome!!! :)

11. He certainly kept his emotions in check! I think I would have reacted a little differently....:eek:

12. JReece

JReece

Awesome Video, yes I would have been screaming and going crazy, but the FR-S was nice too, oops, sorry guys. :\

Thanks, JReece

My clothing line HiRevZ Clothing Co.
    http://www.facebook.com/hirevz

Most of all build what you want, do what you want, it's your car. My uncle has always said, "If you like it, I love it." Meaning doesn't matter if he likes it or not, because it isn't his car.

13. white64

white64
    from Maine

I need some tats!

14. I see the Grandpa ran an alternator back in the day.

15. slowmotion

slowmotion

I think that's the premise, the kids reaction. Truth is, most youngin's would probably react just the same today. Dusty old grandad's hotrod, hotty takes off with Fast & Furious dude. He's probably thinkin' WTF? Then greaser shows him the way..cool vid.

Gretch through a BF Fender with reverb jacked...way cool.

16. Great Vid, bitchin cars...

17. Tripple G

Tripple G

Nice Lighting!:cool:

18. T_Bird Guy

T_Bird Guy

The band is an Iowa band out of Des Moines.

19. 76cam

76cam

Cool!!!!!!!

20. Molina

Molina

21. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

"Hey kid, you don't know me and I know I look like a knife murderer and I know I just drank these 8 beers and I know that is your pa's car but move over and let me drive!"

:p

22. ytt49

ytt49
    from socal

cool video thanks for posting

23. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

yep sorry bands name is rumble seat riot and yes an iowa band , they have some other good songs also

24. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

yeah i talked w the dirrector a great bit , premise of the story was kid gets left car , chick he likes isn't really into old cars and goes w other guys , guy takes him in and gives him a magic ace of spades so he cant be beat , they go to a secret airstrip and hes undefeated and wins girl back

25. Master of None

Master of None

You got to drive your pickup to Altoona to hang with the Bones, now in a music video..... somebody's having a good hot rod year. Truck looks good btw.

26. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

it has been a good year , headed to kansas city w it at end of the month ! and sure i'll run into ya at cruise to the woods

27. Master of None

Master of None

Yep, finally got my vibration figured out, and ready to roll. You having a Hamb get together this year?

28. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

yep was just thinking i need to set the date ! i'll figure it out soon and post something with a date

29. knucklenutz

knucklenutz

Rumble Seat Riot has Brian Setzer and the Stray Cats trumped . Cool video, made my 63 year old bones shake !

30. 36cab

36cab
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Don't make it September 22nd or October 6th. Me and Matt already have plans for those days and your dad would be bummed if we weren't there!:)