Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The 2012 H.A.M.B. Drags

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Aug 19, 2012.

1. You guys did a fantastic job. Thanks...

2. Butch M

Butch M

Thanks Ryan had a great time

3. rooman

rooman

As usual I had a great time even if I had some problems getting my "loaner" ride to the other end under power. Next year I promise to bring a car of my own that I fit into a little better. Thanks to Rand Man for letting me drive his toy. Both Friday and Saturday night were killer and I scored some stuff for a couple of my projects at the swap meet so overall it was a great weekend.

Roo

4. Tsquared

Tsquared
    from Pratt, Ks.

thanks, Ryan!!! we didn`t break anything, so we`re looking forewrd to next year.

5. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

Who won the Yahoo Cup?

6. wheezier

wheezier

My thanks go out to Ryan, his staff, the hotel, the MOKAN group, and the City of Joplin. Lot's of work and well worth it. My first trip and it will be remembered as a success for everyone.

7. OshkoshRob

OshkoshRob
    from Oshkosh

1st time for me, can't wait for next year...

8. 35Hemi

35Hemi
    from Kansas

Absolutely the best event of the year! We mark it on our calendars and plan everything around it. We started with two in attendance and now are up to eight. Pretty soon we will have to find some of those 'ol station wagons that look so Kool to cart our clan around in.

Hats off to Ryan and the whole gang. Great event!

9. NoSurf

NoSurf

What a blast- as always. Seeing old friends and meeting new ones. It's like a big family reunion.

My coupe ran it's best ever- 17.2 @ 78.48.

Thanks everyone that helped out!

10. Brandi

Brandi

Probably one of the best events I've ever been to. It gave me that same feeling Bonneville does, I can't imagine missing it now. Mark my words, there will be a little roadster there from Seattle next year and I've already got plans to rip the motor apart this winter. Watch out Yay-Hoo Cup, I'm comin' for ya!

11. BLAKE

BLAKE

Bring it!!!! :D

12. Hey did Robin ever catch up to you with that tail light? He sent me to find you but all he said was that you have a rusty coupe and I couldn't find one of those anywhere. :D

13. I always heard that Jap altimeters also double as Bullshit detectors!!:eek: Not sure if they ever made a belt mount or not?????

14. hollywood78

hollywood78

it was fantastic fun as always.

15. Just got home, had a great time! Wish it wasn't so far and that it happened more often.
    Good job Ryan and all who worked so hard to put on the event.

Have you ever considered doing a series of 'regionals' in different parts of the country that would be held earlier leading up to the national event in Joplin in August. Or is that beginning to get a little too organized and corporate like? Just a thought.

16. That's pretty funny! How about the racers who don't race?

We came in at 10:15 and there was NO line. Nearly everyone else was already there but it was smooth for us.

17. BLAKE

BLAKE

That's the one true indication of a Killer Parking Team™.

18. NoSurf

NoSurf

Yep, got it. Thanks!

19. inkstain27

inkstain27

3rd time up to the drags, and it just keeps getting better every year. Got to meet some cool people and had one hell of a good time as always. Thanks to Ryan and everyone else involved, can't wait till next August.

20. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

Damn! It was good as always.:):)

22. speedwise

speedwise

Been going for a few years, but decided to run the rod this time around. I had a wonderful time and enjoyed every minute of it from start to finish and I didn't break anything...thank you from the bottom of my oil pan...

23. Philbilly

Philbilly

I hope to make it next year! It always seems to be a great Show!

24. squirrel

squirrel

Almost home. My son is driving. This has been a heck of a fun trip! Thanks again everyone

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

Attached Files:

25. so first time at the drags....freaking awsome. i had a great time. i cant wait to go again. i really wish it wasnt a year away. hopefully i get to meet more of you next time and get to hang out at the hotel friday and saturday. ryan - our fearless leader - thank you for a great show and thanks to all of those who helped pull it off. it was just great from a spectators seat.

26. 296ardun

296ardun

Watch this video and then watch the videos from early Texas drag racing, at San Antonio, I think, somewhere on the HAMB...then ask: What's the difference? Not much! PERFECT!

27. I've been to all 10. I'll walk to get there if I have to. I didn't realize this was #10 until it was to late, or the HAMB Drags Rambler would have been there. I really need to do something with that car. Dean

28. El Jefe

El Jefe
    Alliance Member

Great event once again Team RC. The Texas Crew had a blast and once again it was great getting schooled and learning a few more things. Want to give special thanks to Gary, Danny, Norm and James who tried to help me sort the 111 car out and even more so, Ryno and Monte Ward who burned the midnight oil w/ me and allowed me to use their shops to try to straighten out my clutch problems. We almost got there and now back at home w/ a few more spare parts we got it workin right. None the less I was so glad I made a hot lap on Saturday in spite of not being able to live up to the potential of the 111. When it gets dialed in, its gonna be a hoot.

Attached Files:

29. BLAKE

BLAKE

The 111 'at speed'... so glad you decided to make that pass despite the clutch issues!!

[​IMG]

30. CAL

CAL
    from Neosho Mo.

Lost every race I was in....And could not have had a better time! Thanks to Ryan and all involved.