Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage What the heck! My Bonneville Pics.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by curbspeed, Aug 18, 2012.

1. It was an awesome Speedweek. Got back yesterday. Took a few days to visit some family in Vegas after four glorious days out on the salt. I never get tired of looking at Bonneville pics. So I figure most of you are the same. I'll proceed.

Attached Files:

2. More of the same in no particular order. They speak for themselves. Enjoy! I did. Got to hang out with 3 of my pals and a whole bunch of Peckerheads. It was great. Was awesome meeting Malcom and Drew(32coupedeville) out on the salt. Nice fella's for sure. Great cars. Feel free to add any pictures you want to this thread.

Attached Files:

3. brady1929

brady1929

great pics, thanks.

4. More!

Attached Files:

5. Philbilly

Philbilly

Awesome pics! Thanks!

6. Thanks for the photos:cool:

7. The Triet & Davenport streamliners wa totally cool and Marlo Triet is a riot to tlak to. Love that guy.

Attached Files:

8. Always love hanging with my friends in the Peckerheads. Awesome group of guys that are always good for a bunch of laughs. Here is some shots of our camp . This is how we roll baby!!!!

Attached Files:

9. More shots. I like'em.

Attached Files:

10. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

Great pics. The wheel covers on your truck look great in black...

11. Some fellow in an old heap came by with his girl. Good to see ya pal. Thanks again for the posters.

Attached Files:

12. The hits just keep on coming!

Attached Files:

13. I have so many. Hope there is something in here you like. B-ville is the best!

Attached Files:

14. gearheadbill

gearheadbill

I was wondering when someone would post the pics of the project 550mph car/rocket. Built in the PNW by Jim Hume. Fabrication is completely off the charts. 2 friends of mine, both of whom are long-time aerospace engineers, walked the car for an hour....could not find ANYTHING to question, challenge or criticize. I know it has yet to run for speed but it's a work of art.

15. More again! Peter Vincent shot our cars for his next book. His latest book on Bonneville cars is on sale now.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 18, 2012
  16. The37Kid

The37Kid

Great shots! Thanks! Bob

Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
  17. And finally. The reason for me going this year was to honor my father, Terry Seaholm, Northwest Hall of Fame member, all around hotrod guy. He passed away on April 16 of this year. 1937-2012.
    Jack Butler(hotrd32) who is the caretaker of my dad's roadster sent me a nice large photo of my dad. Thanks Jack! I added a few pics around it and had his longtime grundgy swapmeet coat and a few things around it on display at the Nugget Sat. night for everyone to look at. Thanks to all that came up to me and gave me support. It was a hard time for sure. Shed some tears. Wanted to spread his ashes on the salt but it wasn't meant to be. Some of you asked about a formal memorial out there but I just couldn't do it. It was just too painful for me. Here are the pictures of the display I had there. I loved my father very much. Rest in Peace Pop. See out on the Salt! Hotrods Forever!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 18, 2012
  18. Fogger

Fogger

Sorry for your loss, but just like my Dad, he will always be with you. Thanks for the great pics, everyone I know who made the trip to the Salt can't stop talking about the great time.

19. nolly

nolly

Great pix,curbspeed! & a lovely homage to your Pop.

20. Wow you took some great pictures Dale (er aka Billy) !!! sorry I missed things.... Sure your Dad was smiling down on you and Greg and everyone on the salt .... Great pictures !

21. Great pics Dale, glad to hear you made it home! Was fun hanging with you guys out there!!! I'll send you more stuff once the flathead run is over!!

RIP Terry, Chris

22. pug man

pug man
    from louisiana

Thanks for sharing all the pictures and special thanks for sharing the display you set up to show the love for your dad. Touches the heart for sure......

23. couverkid

couverkid

RIP Terry. It was good seeing you and your old tacoma friends there also. I know it was hard Saturday night but your dad was smiling down on us that night. You have good friends and have made many,see you next year hopefully.

24. Thanks Steve, Your a good friend. I have many in this hobby and hope to continue that trend. I think my dad would have been proud. He loved Bonneville and the people that go with it. Hope I don't have to wait a whole year to see you again. You know you are always welcome to come to Az for a visit.

25. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Fan f'n tastic!! Thanks for taking them and sharing them!

26. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Awesome pics thanks for sharing!

27. Southfork

Southfork

I tried to catch up with you at Speedweek (Saturday and Sunday) to get a closer look at your RPU, but your rod was always on the move whenever I saw it. So thanks for posting the pictures! You had some pretty cool salt sworls on your black wheel covers out there by the pits.

Hey, do you have a link to a blog or build thread for your car? Didn't see anything in your HAMB profile last time I looked.

28. NINE INCH

NINE INCH

So good to see you again, Dale. Here's lookin at ya. Brian & Tovi

Attached Files:

29. Thanks Brian, Good to see you and Tovi, sorry I did not make it down to the Black & White. Wanted to but I was so tired. The salt kicked my ass and I knew if I drove over there I would drink too much. Went to bed early. Catch up with you two soon I hope. Cheers!

30. I had some build pictures of the rpu years ago but I think they got lost in a computer crash. Look at Chris's post on Bonneville. He took a pic of the wheel disc that looks like a county fair painted swirl art piece. Was kinda cool how it looked.( found it, here it is)

Attached Files: