Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Packard! The answer is always Packard.
    Did some work smoothing the rear quarter panels too.

[​IMG]

2. N.Ozols

N.Ozols
    from Latvia

random little things. pie-cut hood and roofchop with some angle

Attached Files:

3. mrjynx

mrjynx
    BANNED

Theyre very thin rear quarters, I dont think a lot of american lights would fit. as always its easier to make it work in photoshop.

4. Aint that the truth.
    Though the fenders are slim at the tips, by the time you´ve cut far enough back into them to take these lights, you might find enough space. You could always just use the red lenses and heat and squeeze them flatter if all else fails.

5. mrjynx

mrjynx
    BANNED

yea ive thought something similar, I dont think it would be too hard to cast smaller versions in clear red resin. considering for the owner it would be a one off thing. also the wheel arches hug the wheels very close that you cant always cover them up with inline skirts. You either have to have bubble skirts, fatten the fender over the wheel or add a narrower axle. Its just one of those issues I often run into when thinking about custimising european cars. (not to be critical of your work.)

6. 'Mo

'Mo

'60 Chrysler boomerangs are a bet, but good luck finding them!
    The rear quarters should definetly be finished as per JD, wheel well notwithstanding.

You guys are great. This is consistently one of the best threads on the HAMB.
    Keep up the good work, and thanks!

7. wallster

wallster
    from Buffalo NY

Good job Normunds!

I like this but I added a few of my touches.

Wally

Attached Files:

8. mrjynx

mrjynx
    BANNED

[​IMG]

Think I got that right.

9. mrjynx

mrjynx
    BANNED

Oh I agree it looks better without the wheel well. my comment was simply on the logistics of making it work irl. I left it half open for that reason, may be quite a bit of work to actually do it irl due to how much the bottom of the wheel protrudes out.

10. We just supply the ideas - making it work is someone elses problem.:D

11. SwedeVedette

SwedeVedette

Thanks alot, looks great in both pics! Packards would be awesome but as mentionend they are a bit big for the Volvo I think. The other style though wouldnt be too hard to imitate and I could probably find some fitting lights.

I agree on the trunk, a big designflaw! Thought about rebuilding that but I didnt have the guts to do it..

Now that were photoshopping already, how about a pretty rad roofchop, lowered a bunch, shaved doorhandles, frenched lights, solid black and white scallops? And of course keeping it 4-door and just moving the roof forwards

I know you want to

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. mrjynx

mrjynx
    BANNED

^^ currently working on the nash but I did do one in another thread.
    thought it was a nice chop [​IMG]

13. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

Damn close...could I get the dual rear wheels from the third truck on the back of this one? Thats what I'm shooting for!!! Thanks again...

14. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Is this what you are looking for?

[​IMG]
    (Except with a model A of course, and actually photoshopped)

Attached Files:

15. mrjynx

mrjynx
    BANNED

yea no problem, luckily I saved the file.

16. SwedeVedette

SwedeVedette

Ill make it a little easier for you! Messed a little in Gimp but I cant do the coloring stuff and the chrome is hard to work with.. Remove the bumperhorns, reflextape and licenseplate and a new shiny black paint with white scallops?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pretty please

17. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

thanks jynx....if I wasn't always soo busy I'd love to try photoshop, the things you guys can do with it are amazing. it seems like it would be fun, but i think i'd waste a lot of time doing it!!!:D

18. I couldn't agree more.

19. I think it needs to be a dark color like midnight blue, deep green, gun metal grey ...

20. mrjynx

mrjynx
    BANNED

[​IMG]

hope thats alright, I have the same amount of time as everybody else, which is not as much as id like.

sorry SwedeVedette but you`ll have to wait, its 9pm and I gotta eat and stuff. Unless youre planning on doing the car tonight im sure it`ll still be there in the morning.

(logged in but not here) night.

21. SwedeVedette

SwedeVedette

Its okay, I allways seem to forget about the differences in time between Sweden and USA! The car is not mine yet, Im going to look at it in 2 weeks when Im going to visit my hometown.

Plus Im getting drunk on these delicious coffe+moonshine drinks so Its allmost time to go out and party anyways..

Sleep tight!

Edit: Ooops! Just noticed that you were english, but what the heck.. Sorry to be nagging on you but its just that Im not good enough myself to express my visions on the computer!

Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
  22. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

THANKS Jynx. That will work. Have a great night.....

23. waylow64bird

waylow64bird
    from Buffalo MN

can somebody do my post on 9900 please

24. F'N A, this looks cool chopped!
    [​IMG]

25. SwedeVedette

SwedeVedette

It really does, but maybe a little more chop in the back?

[​IMG]

I bet someone sober can do this alot better and maybe even slope the back of the roof some more but Im not capable of any better at this state..

Cheers

26. mrjynx

mrjynx
    BANNED

Ok explain a few things. You want to keep a fully functioning 4 door but move the back of the roof forward? so you want a back door thats half the size? Hows that gonna work?

Black and white scallops? Whats the base colour gonna be? you mean you want to see it in both white and black scallops. or you want white scallops with gloss black lines around them or what?

You want to retain the shape of the rear door windows or make it triangular like the image I posted?

:confused:

27. SwedeVedette

SwedeVedette

Not cut the roof apart, just move the entire roof forward. Since its almost the same lean on A and C pillars I dont think it would be too much of a problem, except for the rear glass..

Otherwise you could do it like this Ford but I dont think it would be necessary

[​IMG]

Oh, just go ahead and ignore my friends on the car there...

Id like the Dodge to have a shiny black paint with white scallops, black base to be specific

28. mrjynx

mrjynx
    BANNED

Okay Ill make it shiny black, add white scallops do something with the roof. (and the lower french etc) Then I can modify it from there if u want something different

29. SwedeVedette

SwedeVedette

Great, thanks alot and sorry for being an annoying "customer"

30. mrjynx

mrjynx
    BANNED

I know its not everything you asked for, but Im done for today so I thought I should atleast post some progress.

bumpers, just a stand in, roof chops basic, wheels stand in & I cant figure out a decent scallop design today so ill just leave it for now, maybe you can draw some red lines over it if u have a design in mind. god i hate paintovers, wrists sore.

[​IMG]