Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Nostalgia Drags@ Reynolds, GA

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirty old man, Aug 14, 2012.

1. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Sept.29 is the date this year for the annual bash @ Silver Dollar Raceway in Reynolds, GA http://www.silverdollarraceway.com/default.html . Always a fun time for Run What You Brung Nostalgia Drags, Car Show, and Swap Meet.
    It's a laid back fun time on a quarter mile strip that meets NHRA specs, but with rules you can live with and be safe too. No classes, RWYB is the class!
    Same for the car show, and there will be T-shirts available for preorder soon and will be announced and priced here on this thread..
    The swap meet is about as laid back as the rest, first come first space choice whereever you wanta set up. No fees as yet for swap meet vendors.
    Ticket prices; spectator $10, to race-car and driver $20. Kids under 12 with adult free.
    Camping is welcomed for Saturday night, and the restrooms and porta johns will be open and free. I believe you can get an electric hookup for a fee, if anyone needs that, let me know and I'll check. IIRC, there's an RV dump station also.
    Concessions stands will be open, plus you can bring your own grill, or join the Sock Fuckers at our campsite and use our big grill, just bring a bag of charcoal, cause that big sucker eats it!
    Sept. 29 is an "off" date for the track and we'll practically have it to ourselves. There will be approx. 30 cars there for tech inspection and test'n tune for the big event the next week a SGMP@Adel,GA. Silver Dollar sends a 30 car "team down there for a shootout for spots later @ Pomona CA.
    There may be a few others straggle in but we always have more than enough time to run.
    Track gates will open @ noon on Sat. Sept.29/2012. Hope to see you there! Questions welcomed, and we'll get you an answer if we don't have it!
    Dave

2. Always a good time and this will be the 7th Annual Run What You Brung.

Be There!

3. I'd like to see a great turnout this year. Anyone know how to contact the guys in Augusta?

4. Looking forward to it again. Love camping there.

5. I haven't made it yet and this year is probably no different, but one of these years I'll be there.

Anyone got pics from other years? There have been some good stories, there might have even been some drag racing involved :D

6. Woogeroo

Woogeroo
    from USA

Big A : maybe the statute of limitations have not expired on a a few of those stories, yet?

:D

-W

7. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

I won't be able to come but I want a shirt.First year to miss.:(:(

8. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

You were a regular when I first came! Sorry you are going to have to skip!
    Dave

PS: for T-shirts, Redsled will be taking orders soon as his son Jamie gets them designed and ready to print.
    Keep an eye out here and on S.f.C. C. social group.
    Dave

9. damn miss that track and the company....I'm with ya Andrew...one of these days...
    except no golf cars...lower ends coming apart, or blown clutches....

10. I hope those guys that came down and won the "Fastest Hot Rod" trophy bring it back and put it up for grabs as was intended. It was a cool Bowling Pin trophy painted up by Chazin.

11. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

Sounds like it's going to be a cool event.

Wish I could be there.

Jimbo

12. That would be cool. Do you remember who won it? Maybe what car it was? If not I'm sure we can come up with something along the same lines.

On another note does anyone know if Hog Mountain Dave is gonna attend this year? That Hellz A Pop'n is bad ass :cool:

[​IMG]

A few more pics from last year

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Pretty sure that black "A" coupe was from Hamilton, GA, lttle town over to the West of Reynolds.
    I*know a guy who may know how to contact him, I'll check and try to contact him.
    Dave

14. Carl5Coupe

Carl5Coupe
    from Buford Ga

I'm in. Can't wait to give the old rod another shot at it.

15. bauschracing

bauschracing

I came last year to watch, car still had a few bugs and my father has been sick and so I have had little time for myself. Got the new cam and converter in and will try to be there to get some track time. Reynolds is my home track and the people that are there are the greatest.
    Although my car is a race car and not a steel car, it is an older style roadster that is at least 20 years old.
    If any hamb members see me there, please come over and say hello.
    Mike

16. mmmmmmm sunday morning hot dogs.....O' wait where are they?

17. Gman0046

Gman0046

Resled, please put me down for an XL shirt. The last one was great.
    Thank you Gary

18. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Gary I'll pass this along to Redsled, assuming you will pickup @ event?
    Dave

19. burnout2614

burnout2614

Lookin forward to this years run. Hope we have a good turnout. peace

20. bauschracing

bauschracing

Hope that the southern sling-shots will be there this year. We have an S&W front engine dragster kit that we are going to build in the near future, hope that the nostalgia racing picks up here in the south.

Mike

21. Gman0046

Gman0046

Dave, I won't be able to make it this year. I was hoping Redsled would mail it to me.
    Gary

22. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Then I request that you PM Redsled and talk to him about your T-shirt then, as he will be handling them, and it's easier and simpler for all involved if you deal direct with him on your shirt. Jimmy is a helluva nice guy and I'm sure he will do all possible to help you.
    Dave

23. Carl5Coupe

Carl5Coupe
    from Buford Ga

Can't wait, Spreading the word I am.

24. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Damn, this forum moves fast! All the way back to page 7 in just 6 hours!
    Dave

25. No doubt Dave it's on page 12 this morning :eek: I've been trying to get in touch with as many as I can for the event, we will see.

26. Love last years shirt! Should have bought 2!

27. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

Count me in. Can you make a XXXL for my big ass!

28. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

You wear the shirt to cover your upper torso, not your ass Polock!