Register now to get rid of these ads!

so the towing company i hired dropped my vehicle

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 31Vicky with a hemi, Aug 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yep, dropped it from 5 feet flat on the passenger side.
    owner said it rolled of the forks. Splat

see post 22

Took 6 months of scrounging CL to find one. 40 hrs over 8 weeks expediting the deal from 2500 miles away. And they drop it. Perfect Rust free and now mangled.
    Been looking for answers at the bar, none here.

OT so don't ask, its not the point.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
  2. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

FORKS?! Why the hell where they using a forklift to move a car? As you just found out, forklifts are a GREAT way of ruining a perfectly good car. Never, ever, EVER trust anybody who says that it is safe to forklift a car.

3. I have no fucking idea!

4. -Sled-

-Sled-

Sorry for your loss... and i know its mean to ask but its killing me... pics?

5. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

time to file a claim...that sucks.

6. Well its OT, so you'll just have to suffer thru the anguish.

7. daddio211

daddio211

My two brother in laws managed this less than 48 hours ago with my trailer. Idiots tied down a 1/2 ton pickup with only two motorcycle straps, both on the rear axle!

Truck was too far back, trailer began fish tailing, can't believe they didn't roll the whole thing!

Nobody dared call me, my wife saw someone else mention a close call on Facebook. Sounded eerily familiar. I made one call, bingo!

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

Attached Files:

8. It's not OT as the vehicle is irrevelant, the point is what happened, not what it happened to. This situation could happen with any rod too.

Stupid should hurt! This isn't a mistake, they could have done real damage or injure somebody. Go punch him in the face and tell him he will never use your trailer again after he pays for the repairs.

Bummer that the other guy dropped your rig too. Don't settle for less than what you have coming!!

9. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Ouch on both of those screwups ! :( OT or not, it's a shame to have this happen when a little care would have prevented it. This is one reason I don't loan stuff out. Loaned my utility trailer to a friend one time to move on and it came back with a bent tongue and missing the spare tire and holder.

Hope you guys make out ok.

Don

10. Sorry to read this. Incompetence sucks.
    Heard a story last night about a 55 Nomad coming off a trailer, and passing the towing rig. No damage in this case, but a few freaked out people.
    I hope you get compensated.

11. daddio211

daddio211

31 Vicky is probably in better shape than me, at least SOMEONE is responsible there. In my case I had to pay $70 for a tow truck to come lift the truck back on the trailer, and I'll have to fix the trailer myself out of my own pocket.

I actually took my biggest employee with me and told him to hold me back if necessary. I behaved myself though. By the way, the truck wasn't theirs, its my moms. It broke down while dragging my trailer. It's in the shop getting fixed now and guess who's going to pay THAT bill? I'm guessing my two unemployed brother in laws won't be picking up that tab, and I don't think its right to stick my mom with it....

Sorry for stealing your thunder 31 Vicky, didn't mean to. Rant is over!

12. Today the guy said " 100% fuck up on my end, well make it right". Hope he says the same tomorrow. Its not like you can go to wall mart and get another.

Fuck it I'm going to bed.
    You guys have fun with this. This is thunder nobody wants

13. daddio211

daddio211

Assholes! What was the car if you don't mind me asking?

14. 79 ford bronco. Project for my buddy.
    Two year only body style. Perfect and rust free body.

15. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I hope they do right by you.

16. daddio211

daddio211

Ugh, makes me sick. And those guys were probably saying "Just an old Bronco, no big deal." I think you and I need to go Tonya Harding some knee caps.

17. young'n'poor

young'n'poor
    from Anoka. MN

Man that sucks! I hope they make it right for you

18. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

Man I have seen this before!....LOL when I was in the towing business a buddy called me up and said he needed help real bad, he had loaned his car trailer to his brother in law, And they lost their dads elderodo in an intersection. (much like your pics) when I got there with my Rollback, This Know it all clown of a brother in law of his starts trying to tell me how to hook onto the car and get them out of the mess he had created.....I told Dan (my buddy) to get him out of my face. Not trying to poor gas on the fire, But this should be a lessoned learned......Don't loan your equipment to idiots who do not know how to use it......Just my 2 cents

19. How the hell do you dump any vehicle on its side especially something as big as a '79 Bronco?

Man that sucks! How do they plan on making it right with you?

Hopefully this thing doesn't end up in the "Severe Bondo Abuse" thread.

This is going to be tough because I'm sure you (or your buddy) didn't have insurance on it yet.

Keep us updated.

20. 31Vicky,
    OT or not that is screwed up.

I wish I had an answer for you. Maybe they will get repaired?

Really sorry man, that's screwed up.

21. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

I just sold a nice '79 bronco for 7 grand .......hard to find .
    B.B.

22. RAt Ra
    Yea, I Know.

Remember I wasn't there and am 2500 miles away,,,,,
    As far as I can piece together.
    The truck was only supposed to be there a few days and the deal I made with the towing company was to pick it up at the owners home, and to load it on the transport truck when it showed up. That may have been a flat bed, a van, or auto transport. They said sure, we do that all the time. OK great.
    Well if you guys saw my thread, headed west on I 40..... the transport company really screwed me around with some bullshit about we will pick it up in two days that goes on for two weeks. You know , they tell you two days every day for two weeks. I find out the guys truck is broke down on the east coast and the garage has been telling him tomorrow for two weeks. That BS gets handed down to everyone in line. Guess who I was handing it to.

I read the riot act to the broker and told him to up the bid and get it moved that day (being yesterday) or I'll get it myself. Hence my headed west thread. Well about 6:00 yesterday he calls and says they will pick it up in about 2 hrs. Which makes it 8:00 Ohio time or ..... wait for it ..... 5:00 AZ time. Just about quitting time.

I wasn't there but I believe they tried to load it on the upper deck of the dual deck carrier with a fork lift, you know without unloading and 1/2 the trailer and setting up ramps and reloading the thing at 5:00.

I got the call at 8:30.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
  23. oj

oj

Those Broncos' are nice, rust free is impossible to find. Thats a shame.
    Was this in connection with the I40 trip you are making? I saw your generous delivery offer, very good of you.

24. Its in the post above-

25. Thanks man.

26. spot

spot
    from usa

31vicky, man that sucks. Shoot me a pm if you need parts. I've got a 78 bronco and know where some good oe parts still exist.
    Good luck with it.

27. Well I just told my buddy what happened.
    Walked over and said " you ain't going to believe this, sit down"

Didn't go over very well as expected.

What a fucked up situation.

28. 46stude

46stude

Get reimbursed from the company, get the Bronc delivered to y'all, then fix it.

Rust free is still rust free, even if its bent up. Replacing sheetmetal on that shouldn't be too bad at all. Its only steel- seen plenty of bad looking hulks brought back in build threads here on the HAMB. When life gives ya lemons, make some lemonade.

29. That's interesting ... :cool:

I held up an extra day in Blythe, CA to try and help you out ...

After several PM's back and forth - the last PM I received from you:

08-14-2012, 06:44 PM

You had an opportunity to get your vehicle possibly picked up
    by a HAMBer - you did not even make a phone call

Jim

30. Yea, but I see the b pillar being out of wack now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.