Register now to get rid of these ads!

Being a Dad is Cool.......

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BAILEIGH INC, Apr 5, 2012.

1. cant wait til i get to work on stuff with my boy!.. hes only 7mos right now

2. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

The best thing that ever happened to me.......My boy and I at the Auto museum up here.

[​IMG]

3. shadams

shadams

^^Awesome! Great pics in here guys. No kids here but hopefully one day soon.

4. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

malibustevens...nicest "flying lady" hood ornament I've ever seen...:)

[​IMG]

5. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

Just brought this home.My girlfriend wasn't pleased but my son approved ![​IMG]

6. My Deva Marie .... :D

I have an album of her in my profile over the past years

Sure do miss her when I am on the road .... :(

Jim

[​IMG]

7. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

My son is 14 and has no intrest in cars, however my daughter os 10 months old and everytime I start my old truck she starts jumping up and down and smiling. Funny thing is when I use a power tool she dances. Lol.

8. fleetwood39

fleetwood39

I just got in from the garage a few minutes ago. I spent the evening changing the oil in my 1966 Chevy II wagon with my four year old son. Changing the oil in a car is an easy, mundane task for me. When you add an excited little helper to the mix, it is the best night ever. We made a bigger mess, took way too long, and had a blast. Answering questions about every step is easy for me. It has the potential to be life-changing for him. The people who have been there to answer my questions are my heroes. I hope that's what I am to my son. Here's to many more garage nights with him!

9. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

That's it right there. :)

10. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

:cool: Scouts start up on Tuesday! Bring on the Pinewood derby!

11. Colville

Colville

69100_4669404460116_206417423_n.jpg

644517_4712193489815_1732907893_n.jpg

My son, Austin Duke Griffith was born Sept 21 2012. I am very lucky to have such a wonderful son and wife! Heres him and I in the hospital and heres about a week later hanging out in the garage with me :) Life is good gentlemen!

12. Model T1

Model T1

We have three kids of our own and adopted our first grandson. He's 23 now. Even this summer we did things with the oldest, 53, and the others. Have friends who never had kids. We can't imagine life without those screamin pain in the ass rug rats!:D

13. Mr.Dickies

Mr.Dickies

My son Tyler's first words every time he wakes up is either outside or car. He loves jumping in the bed of my old truck and sitting in the shoebox.
    IMG_1866.JPG

120529_184353.jpg

IMG_0969.jpg

14. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

Thats it man, best feeling in the worl right there.

15. Here's me and my son, Hudson, pulling the wheels off to do some brake work. He just turned this year. He says he wants to build a coupe and a dragster. Oh yeah, and he's gonna beat me at the HAMB drags. I love being a DAD!!!!! God sure has been good to me!!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  16. R1FIGHTER

R1FIGHTER

[​IMG]Every moment with my son is my favorite moment.
    Here's my son Ely assed after the burnout contestout at Sins.

17. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

That better be hanging on your wall in the mancave man. :cool:

18. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

I have to say being a dad is cool. I have taken my kids everywhere with me. Mountain bike races, Power lifting meets, Road Trips, Distant car shows, boating, fishing, and Drag Racing, My youngest helped on a Top Fuel dragster team with me. Being a dad is cool.

19. ems customer service

ems customer service

my oldest girl caroline made her first part this summer,( yes she got help from some of the older shop guys) she was very proud of her accomplishment.

caroline like to sit in the shop and watch the press form parts. they also like to be around the laser when it is cutting parts.

her younger sister julia jump in the pic to help her hold the part up (and to get some glory too!).

the ems guy

Attached Files:

20. Dakota Boy

Dakota Boy
    from Racine, WI

Gotta teach today's kids mechanical stuff yourself.

They wont learn it in school anymore.

Nothing is sadder than a grown adult who doesnt know a phillips screwdriver from a butter knife.

21. ardyboy

ardyboy

started my son early. The payoff is awesome

[​IMG]

22. BirdGuy

BirdGuy
    from Central PA

I have a similar story about my 'Bird. Sometimes you just gotta shake your head...

My girls are 6 and 9... Trying to get them interested. They do like riding in the old cars - just need to figure out how to connect in other ways...

23. R1FIGHTER

R1FIGHTER

agreed. we need more Hank Hills!

24. What a great thread Shane started,,all the kids,,both young and older & Grandkids,your looking at our future! HRP

Veda & me. HRP

[​IMG]

25. lucky ink

lucky ink

Being grandpa is cool too....
    [​IMG]

26. MISCONSTUDE

MISCONSTUDE

My oldest son and I went to the HAMB drags with the Stude this year, I was really looking forward to driving. I made a pass, but something in my head told me it was my sons turn to do this. I got back to the pits and tossed him the keys and told him to have at it. Before the day was done, I'll be damned if he hadn't gone the quickest that car had ever gone at 11.91/110. Words can't describe how proud I was. It isn't an easy job being a step dad as I'm sure a lot of you can attest to. But I'm very proud of him and the man he is growing up to be. Making these memories with our children is what its all about.

27. TheEngineer

TheEngineer
    from New Mexico

Having kids is great. Especially when they get along as we'll as these two. View attachment 1763926
    View attachment 1763927
    View attachment 1763928

Alyssa has taken to the hot rod like a natural. At only four years old, she loves to help out in the garage.
    ImageUploadedByTJJ1350150069.310488.jpg ImageUploadedByTJJ1350150094.931075.jpg
    I can't wait (and I think he can't either) until Clay is old enough to start helping out in the garage. He isn't even two yet and he's already taking things apart to see how they work.

28. E.C.

E.C.
    from Tx

Speed Week 2012

[​IMG]

29. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Wow, yea, I have thought that a dozen times. And its the only thing thats REALLY IMPORTANT to be good at. Fatherhood is the pivotal experience of my life.

30. used to agree with you till I became a grandpa, not even close.