Register now to get rid of these ads!

what class would this fit into?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by guido`s 40, Aug 13, 2012.

1. guido`s 40

guido`s 40
    from nebraska

I am planning on thaking my truck to the last fling til spring show in west point ne. next month, I am new to this and the registration form says I need to pick a class. Would it fall in the unfinished or street rod or just the 56 and older truck? I was really hoping not the rat rod. Sorry for the bad pics but its all I had thanks

Attached Files:

2. Is it unfinished ? I think it's a great looking truck, definatly not RR or SR.
    I'd say given the choices I check unfinished just to stay out of the other 2 classes.

3. JohnEvans

JohnEvans
    from Phoenix AZ

Not a fan of the style but too well finished to be (()&( rat. Try un-finished.

4. RR no
    SR no
    56 and older truck not any more
    Unfinished - yep.

OK now if it was finished ,,,, you'd be sorta fucked with those classes for competition.
    Cuz I think you'd be up against more stock trucks or blinging Easter eggs

5. Stroker McGurk

Stroker McGurk
    from Canada

I think you should go with a rot rod.....That will bring their standards up a bit......lol

6. squirrel

squirrel

It looks like it's finished.....I assume you don't have plans to put shiny paint on it anytime soon....

Car show classes are a pain in the butt. I know...I'm the guy responsible for resolving problems like this at our car shows.

7. afaulk

afaulk

First of all, damn nice truck.....definitely not a rat rod. Second, personally I'd probably enter in unfinished. Just my thoughts.

8. Special Ed

Special Ed

Unfinished. Primer is a "stage" of paint, not a paint "finish".

9. Larry T

Larry T

First of all I'd probably go unfinished.

But I'm curious, just how many cars are being painted (or are left over from the 80s/90s) pastels now days? Our cruise weekend was this week and I remember one out of about 1000 cars. Or has "Easter Egg" morphed into anything with shiney paint now days.

10. Still see plenty of 90s pastel eggs here. That high dollar paint lasts for ever when you can only drive it 10-12 times a year.

11. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

It's a HotRod. Boarderline RR cause of the different grille. Add paint it'll fall into the StreetRod catagory.

Personnally I think it needs laid back grille like a 34 dodge or ford. The straight 32 grill looks odd. Trade the 32 grille here on the HAMB

12. Rogueman

Rogueman

The question is, Do you want to win? I put my truck in Rat sometime because it wins there.

If you go in the 50's truck you will be against Chrome, billet and paint.

If you go unfinished maybe the same thing.

It's not a street rod. Well not to me because it doesn't have fenders. I know that can be debated.

I have tried to find out if they judge the rat like they do all the other cars and truck. If they do carpet, door panels,tires and fire exst. come into play.

13. rodhot

rodhot

Do you have to preregister? I would just show up and not put it any class. I just give the cash for entry fee and park the car and have fun. That's a damn nice ride and folks are going to stop and look and tell ya that I guarntee(spelling). To me that's what it's all about. Just getting the ego lifted is damn nice. Yeah, it's nice to get a plaque, but for me I could care less about that. I don't have the nicest rides anyway, but it seems to get people to stop and have a good talk with my clan and they always walk away with a cool one to boot. Not trying to cause any thing here, but to me, if it's about the plaques, then it's in it for the wrong reason. My day at a show,
    1. Park car
    2. Pay to park which i like to do and don't mind at all (entry fee)
    3. Setup chair and cooler
    4. Set my fat ass in chair and drink and talk to everybody.
    5. Enjoy good music and eat good greasy food and last
    6. Drink a few more and bullshit more.
    That's what I think is an excellant day. Remember, Just my opinion.

14. guido`s 40

guido`s 40
    from nebraska

Thanks I do plan on painting it this winter, and realize it has strayed from a truck but I was thinking more on the unfinished side, it seems to get allot of different reactions with as many opinions, thanks for the input

15. guido`s 40

guido`s 40
    from nebraska

I do not intend on winning anything and it is a pre register just never have thought about how to classify it

16. Master of None

Master of None

Go with unfinished, its clearly got more work put into it than a rat rod.

17. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

See if you can find a Terraplane grill for it.

[​IMG]

18. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Years ago when my 27 was in primer I used to enter car shows in the unfinished class. I won my share of trophies but then the judges started catching on that I had been driving it for 3 years, and they felt I was milking the system. (which I guess I was) so they stopped giving me any more trophies. :eek:

For your truck (which I think is really nice) I would put it in the unfinished class, just to get it entered. Since hot rods always have something yet to do you would not be lying.

Don

19. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

I can't give you a definite answer...but it ain't no Rat ..
    I like it a lot..
    Good luck showing it.
    Cheers.......

20. guido`s 40

guido`s 40
    from nebraska

thanks for the reply's, its easy to see it different because I built it, so it always good to get an idea of what you actually have. The main thing I guess is that it is a blast to drive and was as fun to build

21. I would go unfinished as well. Paint is a finish like someone said earlier.

That is one sweet ride and it shouldnt be morphed into the RR category. With any luck, you may inspire a traditional/ nostalgia hot rod class. there has to be something between the boyd coddintons and the Rat Rods.

Show it proud and Good Luck in the show!

22. The thing is, that most local shows don't have enough money or cars to have 20 or 30 classes, so the class breakdown is usually pretty broad. The show I went to last Saturday had 13 classes, my 29 Roadster was in a class that was labeled 1900 to 1964 modified. Like I said, pretty broad, I got first place and second place went to an awesome 62 Falcon, that I felt should have won. The main thing is , we all had fun.

23. oj

oj

Enter it whever you feel like. You already have the truck so whats' to win? a trophy? let people have a looksee, touch and feel and listen to them tell you how they had a buddy back in highschool that had one of them and was it ever sharp! and fast, that thing would....
    I personally cannot abide car shows and don't understand the guys that do, anybody taht can sit there all day long and answer the same 5 questions deserves a big trophy - all of them 1st place.

24. Do they have a "Rudy Truck" or "Bobber Truck" class?

25. I have the same problem. To me, we built a "old school" hot rod but they stick me in Rt Rd class or street rod class and I'm not rusty enuf for one and not shiney enuf for the other. I have just an 50's hot rod! For 25 to 50 bucks to show my car I'd like to win a trophy now and then ' cause I enjoy showing it and don't wanna change it.:confused: PS your class is first class!

26. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Good for you Don :D
    And don't sell yours short..it is awesome!
    Cheers.......