Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Gasser Passer is back in Ohio !!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by careyohio, Jan 22, 2012.

1. careyohio

careyohio

We would like to thank the following people for helping us get some of the harder to find parts that we thought we would have had a very difficult time finding. Our understanding is that there were only a few hundred "pruned" blowers made by ' Sneaky " Pete Robinson and George Montgomery.

Blower - Al Bergler
    Blower drive - Tony ( brought to Thompson )
    Pruned blower intake - Chuck (ProEnfo) ( also brought to Thompson )

Attached Files:

2. PA-IndianRider

PA-IndianRider

Carey..... Thanks for the reply.

Been wondering how BEAVER SPRINGS has been since the Gasser Mag's version of the "Gasser Reunion" is being held there???????

As you know ......... even with ALL the RAIN on Friday THOMPSON was awesome on Saturday.

People at Bowling Green would be excited to see the "Gasser Passer" like they were at Thompson. Was not a time I walked past it that there was not a crowd of people around it.

Look forward to seeing you there again in September.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
  3. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

Very cool to see old original metal brought back to life. Thanks for sharing and saving a piece of history! Very cool man! Keep us updated with your progress!
    Jay

4. southern thunder

southern thunder

any progress on the gasser passer ?

Last edited: Jul 14, 2012
  5. hows the progress on the Gasser Passer..
    Oh..went to a swap meet and came home wih this..has 20,000 miles on it.

Rick

Attached Files:

6. PA-IndianRider

PA-IndianRider

Now that is one GREAT swap meet find.

Did you know the car was going to be there????

Or was it a spontaneous buy????

Thanks for sharing..... I love swap meets. NEVER know what you're going to find.

7. spontaneous...Had no plans to buy any more cars !!!

This thing needs NO body work at all...Just mechanical improvements..\
    has a v-6 ford,automatic..some kind of ford rear end narrowed.(square back cover)
    all chromed,mustang 2 front clip..

Rick
    ===========================================

8. PA-IndianRider

PA-IndianRider

I did something spontaneous when I got the Opel.

We were at the Canfield, Ohio swap meet. Just as we were going to leave I made a quick pass thru the car corral.

Took a few pics & talked briefly to the owner. It was for SALE. I had NO reason or $$$ to buy anything so I just left.

For a few days I kept thinking about the Opel and wish I had asked the owner if he would be interested in a TRADE.

Then BINGO..... I remembered I took some pictures ..... one of the pics had the "for sale" sign on the windshield.

I enlarged the picture and was able to see the phone number.... called..... offered my El Camino in trade and two days later the Opel was sitting in MY driveway.

Not quite as spontaneous as you!!!! L o L :)...... but still a HAPPY ENDING!!!!!

9. cool..least you got the deal done !!!

Rick
    =================================

10. PA-IndianRider

PA-IndianRider

I neglected to mention the Opel was setup as a drag car. It did not come with a very radical engine but it was gutted of all interior, wiring, etc.

I am converting it to street/strip with a very radical engine much like the street/strip gasser trend that has been very popular with hot rodders today. It will be used for going to shows, cruises & local drag racing and also nostalgia drag racing events.

11. Even better...
    Now if we can only get an update on the original "Gasser Passer"..LOL

Rick
    ===========================================

12. PA-IndianRider

PA-IndianRider

I saw the "Gasser Passer" at Thompson Dragway last June. I talked to a hot rodder who was one of the friends of the owner who came Thompson Dragway for the reunion.... BUT he was not the gentleman who was posting the info & pictures found in this thread.

Since then there has not been too much info passed on via the H.A.M.B.

Hopefully nostaglia racing fans will be given another TREAT and the "Gasser Passer" will again be at Thompson Raceway for the Gasser Nationals September 7 & 8th.

13. careyohio

careyohio

Not much progress this summer....too much to do around the farm......still looking for parts .
    Rob took it to the Rock and Race but it wasn't that great of a show.
    I'll post some more when we get back on it this fall.

14. Thanks, is Rob still looking for an old prefect body to unchop the "gasser"?

Were going to Empire raceway this weekend..bring the car out..

Rick
    ===============================================

15. PA-IndianRider

PA-IndianRider

You guys going to Thompson for the Gasser Nationals????

Seems hard to believe SEPTEMBER is just around the corner. :eek:

16. NHRANUT

NHRANUT
    from Western PA

The El Camino is for sale in case you want it back.

17. PA-IndianRider

PA-IndianRider

That does NOT surprise me..... I am pretty sure everything he has could be for sale or trade if the deal is right. :rolleyes:

No more multiple car projects for me anymore..... :D Happy with my trade!!!!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
  18. Hey,I resemble that remark...lOL...

Rick
    ================================
    No more multiple car projects for me anymore..... :D Happy with my trade!!!!

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

19. careyohio

careyohio

20. PA-IndianRider

PA-IndianRider

21. PA-IndianRider

PA-IndianRider

Bump-a-roo.....

Lately I have wondering about how the Gasser Passer project is going????

With the end of the cruise & drag racing season things here in the North East have all but come to a stop as we move into our garage for a "Long Winter's work" on our hot rods.

Of ALL of the "high points" of the past year ..... being able to see the "Gasser Passer" was by far the best.

Any chances of an update..... progress ..... plans..... completion date, etc, etc

When we were at the Mall yesterday I saw Santa Claus.... He asked me what I wanted. I told him.... All I want for Christmas is hearing more about one of my favorite drag cars.....

Actually it's NOT ALL I WANT!!!! ..... L o L
    [​IMG]

22. careyohio

careyohio

Found a really nice guy in Canfield Ohio, ( about an hour away ) who has a Prefect that is being made into a street rod and was kind enough to let us make the window patterns from.
    We made them out of poster board, then I used these to make them out of 3/8 inch plywood.
    We will start back on the GP as soon as we finish up a few more projects and I will do a photo update as we unchop it.

Still looking for original front and rear cross members.

Carey

23. PA-IndianRider

PA-IndianRider

Looking forward to seeing that!!!! :D

Thanks for the update Carey.....
    [​IMG]

24. careyohio

careyohio

Here's a photo of the poster board pattern we made, set into the windshield opening to show what's ahead of us.

Attached Files:

25. Post Apocalyptic Kustoms

Post Apocalyptic Kustoms
    BANNED
    from Outside

Personally, history be damned. I would leave it chopped because it looks good. F$CK what the purists say.

26. Hey Carey, great to see that you're restoring a piece of history back to the way it was built. It was great to see it at Thompson this year. Are you bringing it back in 2013?

27. careyohio

careyohio

Yes, we will be there .

28. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

I'm not hung up on history either, but a stock height Prefect gasser looks better than chopped top. So I would bring it back to stock height either way!

29. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

its yours guys do what ya want, i would unchop it myself. hope you can bring it to cranes party in 2013. hes doing good and is looking forward to having party again. im looking forward to it. hope to see you guys there.

30. I just dig the thread, I like everything you've done so far!