Register now to get rid of these ads!

Question about Stewart Warner greenlines...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Leadsled51, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Leadsled51

Leadsled51

No better place to come for advice than the HAMB so here goes...can older Greenline Stewart Warner gauges be fixed? I am looking to put a couple in my gasser to keep it looking period correct as possible, but I really don't want to buy the new ones. I see a lot of them that don't have the tubes on the back or they have been cut off. Is it possible to add new tubes to them? Does anybody on here fix them? Or does anybody have some they are tired of sitting around and want to let them go to a new home? Thanks

2. Fogger

Fogger

I have my old Stewart/Warner gauges repaired at Mo-Ma 1321 2nd St North West, Albuquerque, NM, 1-505-766-6661. Older American made gauges are definitely worth repairing, and Mo-Ma can install new capillary tubes to temperature gauges.

3. Leadsled51

Leadsled51

What about the Oil gauge? Does it just thread on if you get a new tube? Can you actually get a new tube? Are the new gauges thread size the same as old? I don't want to sound like an idiot, but the last thing I need is to spend money on a paperweight.

4. alchemy

alchemy

Mechanical oil pressure gauges are fed with a separate line that screws on with a fitting. Make sure to get a copper tube kit, not the plastic one. The threads will be the same as your old gauge.

If you have a mechanical oil temperature gauge without a sender tube, it needs professional repair just like a water temp would.

5. The oil gauge just uses an 1/8 inch tube if it is mechanical. Yes you can buy new tube for it either in plastic or copper.

6. PackardV8

PackardV8

The Bourdon tube repairs usually cost as much as finding another working gauge. Check eBay for a few weeks before sending it for repair. Greenlines aren't common, but they're out there.

jack vines