Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lowriders

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Groucho, Aug 3, 2009.

1. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

A little something i am workin on right now. This is just a mock up, will probably be mounted diffrently. Its sorta of a hybrid set up with old style pumps and new style manifolds. Sorta old looks, new reliability as its for a daily. Will post pics once finished.

[​IMG]

2. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

bonez, im a big fan of manifolds even though i have never ran em .. cool idea with the accums on there i think they do that on euros too .. i actually have always hated accums and never wanted them always knowing i can get a car to ride nice without em .. but after wanting to say fuck it and give em a go i put some on for the rear of my 63 .. seems a lil more spongy, havent driven yet . just had 4 of em sittin around no clue even what tehy are charged at LOL ..

good lookin lil setup.. i hope to do a nice 1 pump setup eventually with some details like you have there.. might just be the angle on the pic but you may need a bigger tank depending on what cylinders etc you run ...

3. slammed

slammed

What does a good (ride, price) bare bones(!) set up cost?

4. LIL ANGE.

LIL ANGE.
    from Long Beach

anyone got anymore old skool pics form the late 70's

5. slammed

slammed

Hoping on some of the Left Coast OG's to break out the photo albums from way back when. Solid Gold.

6. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

slammed. .. u can get a basic setup for $900-1000 new (without batteries ofcourse)

but id spend an extra few hundred and get nicer shit ... call Jason at Empire in Arizona. .. he makes all his stuff in house and its ALL US MADE except the oil tanks .. super nice stuff his setups are a few hundred more but will last a lot longer and require less maintenance ..

anyways ... bummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmp

7. lo4lyf

lo4lyf
    from iowa

any ford torinos? i have a 71 4 door i want to put cragars on.

8. Mopar Jack

Mopar Jack

9. pimtina

pimtina

You won't get much love for your moredoor '71 Ford here on the HAMB. Maybe try findin' the LBCC. You may find it's a slightly better fit.

10. Chopper Demon

Chopper Demon

Can never get enough of those kool rides!

11. deto

deto

My dad has a 68 caprice wagon that he wants to sell... Now I need to talk him into permanently loaning it to me. I want a low rider...

12. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

This is the final set up, still not wired in the pics but all ready in real life.
    Because of that bar that goes side to side i couldnt put them tank to tank, which suck, and because of limited height i had to pull the manis 90° down, which is cool...i also plumbed manual shut offs on the accus, as im eventually gonna wire a switch box in true Unity euro dancer tradition :D now i only put 4 switches in the dash (f/b/rl/rr)
    [​IMG]

BUT....i dont even know if im using them accus, as im trying coils n shocks first. I thought it was easier to pull the sut off assembly from there and just put an allen plug in place than to plum all that in that thight space....we'll see.
    [​IMG]

Totally loving this stuff thou. Dont think i'll get back to bags anytime soon.
    BTW, runnin 6s front n 8s rear. tanks will be alright ;)

13. lo4lyf

lo4lyf
    from iowa

no torinos over there either, tried it already. and lil dont have no love either. figured this would be a good place to get my old school fix for ideas.

Attached Files:

14. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I was on LIL and there is too much HSBS and drama there for me. LBCC may not have many Torinos but you are more likely to find what you need there anyway. The thread police are nowhere near as tolerant as the moderators here, particularly with regards to lolos.

That's a nice Ford, plenty of more doors have been made into lolos, have fun with that.

15. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Any hydro gurus ever had problems with motor/pump ground? I swapped 4 motors around and tried to hook 12v direct to the motor and none o'them spins. Now, i kno i could have bought 4 toast pumps, but seems strange. Everything else works, so ground source is supposedly good. Any suggestions?

EDIT: nevermind, someone forgot to pass me an important bit of info....that the pumps im using dont ground throught the block but have a ground pole on the motor. Oh well.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
  16. mrconcdid

mrconcdid
    from Florida

I sure miss the sounds of 60 volts running thur a 12 volt fenner pump, looks like alot has changed.

Nice rides
    Godspeed
    MrC.

17. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

From when? 60 volts is really high voltage for back in the day. Talkin about the 80s?
    Anyways, got any old pics to share? :D

18. mrconcdid

mrconcdid
    from Florida

No, Not that long ago, late 80s
    I like the mono ball mount used today and dry cell batteries, the use of accumalators. I broke alot of springs back then, Im see alot of smaller ones used now. If I did it again I would use hard line from the pump to a tab on the frame then a short braided line to the ram
    Thats what I ment by change, the parts not the passion

Lowriding is in your blood
    Godspeed
    MrC.

19. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Yeah, the powerball is a nice feat to have, accumulators as well.
    Im a bit split about hardlines. I love'em in some cases but cant stand them in others.
    I think a mix of hose and hardline would look good if done in a tidy manner, and bulkheads are nice too i agree.
    I have no idea why, but i like hydro hose.
    Anyway, got these pics then?

20. trailer park playboy

trailer park playboy
    from tulare ca.

21. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

^^^ need better pics man!

22. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Groucho just picked this one owner, 69K mile cream puff. Can't wait to see what he does with it.
    311550_3470388120379_1111087913_n.jpeg
    564144_3470390800446_960058930_n.jpeg

23. zep058

zep058

Nice ^^^ How is Groucho?

24. Badass.

25. slammed

slammed

Buff and polish the exterior and drop it to the pavement. Man that is a gem.

26. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

He's doing great. He sold his '60 Pontiac to buy another house as rental property. The deal went through and now he's a landlord. He also bought this too........
    179115_3470385920324_575830366_n.jpeg

27. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Yeah aint it stellar?
    I know very little about even less, but one thing i know for sure is that my next project HAS to be an early 'vair.

28. lgh1157

lgh1157

Damn !!!!! Love those

29. lowpunk

lowpunk
    from berwyn, il

30. mrconcdid

mrconcdid
    from Florida

Wow! very clean rides, all time best looking lowrider IMHO
    the 63 Impala with heavy flake, Daytons and 10 switches

Quick old story
    The one that got away,
    so I'm 17 year old, I have $2500 bucks sitting in the bank and nothing else, I run across a 63 impala 2 door with a 327 in it, turn key starts and purrs, I ask the owner to give me a minute while I think it over he said sure, asking price was $2500, I walk away for about 5 minutes when I return, ready to buy it, I see a lady leaning on the trunk writing him a check for it, I stand there in disbelief, I relized I had lost it and HE TOOK A CHECK!, That taught me alot, first make more money, Second grab hold of a deal as soon as you can.

Godspeed
    MrC.