Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Bonneville 2012 Roll call!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tman, Jun 2, 2012.

1. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

Well it looks like my trip is off. First, last night, someone stole the license plates off my truck. Than going up the summit the transmission in my truck started slipping and burning up and blowing white smoke. Well at least it was close enough to where I could turn around and limp back home. This just f'n sucks.

2. nexxussian

nexxussian

Sorry to hear that. :(

On a separate note, we just made it in to Wendover last night.

3. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Great shots, Doug! Did Jerry offer you any tequila? :)

4. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

Jeem, the cliffs in the "non-feet" photo are about as high as a 7-8 story building.

5. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

No....I'll have to ask him how that "slipped his mind"....:)

6. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

We have only about five more hours to go this morning.. see you guys soon!

[​IMG]

7. AZAV8

AZAV8
    from Tucson, AZ

Tell Jerry, I'm jealous that he is there and I couldn't come along. I have to clean up the rental house to get it ready to rent.

NEXT YEAR, Bonneville I'll be there!

8. jimbob

jimbob

Hooking up with JustPlainJ and Bad Bob this morning just out of Vegas for the run into Wendover, looking forward to getting there.

9. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

finally made it.....man, I gotta pee

10. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

look familiar?

[​IMG]

11. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Very cool....must see!

12. mac miller

mac miller
    from INDY

The Johnston-Carbone-Wendt XXO/VOT Indy roadster through tech, on the salt and ready for action.

mac miller in INDY

Attached Files:

13. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

YIKES!
    Raining....muggy...ugh...rain, big drops....probably clear up this afternoon, I have no idea what it's doing to the salt, but...

14. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Made it to the Motel 6 in 25 hours driving solo.......I need a nap & shower. See you guys later, look for my red Ducati EZ-up on the salt.

Chris

Last edited: Aug 11, 2012
  15. Sitting at the Motel 6 in Wells. There's some gusty weather moving through. Not even going to say the R word. Any updates on the salt from the bend in the road? Overheard some guys here at the hotel saying that it's the best they've seen it in awhile.

16. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

Ya lots of rain this afternoon. The bend was a muddy wet mess again. HAMB BBQ was a no go due to weather. I'm bummed about that. Now I've got 150 hot dogs, buns, and 150 bags of chips in the back of my car that I have to eat for lunch tomorrow! Tman and I are working on an idea to continue the raffle and still raise money for STS.

Also, another bummer this year is the nugget. Fire warden won't allow the hotrods to gather there. They are sending them away. Nugget parking lot was less than half what it normally is.

Lastly, they are patrolling the bend and the salt like crazy! Tons of rangers writing tickets, mostly to ATVs and stuff, but they are also nailing people for speeding on the salt between lands end and the pits.

Pray for good dry weather tomorrow so the racers can have a successful event. After all, they are the only reason this even exists!

Later,
    Mac

17. twenty8tudor

twenty8tudor
    from Ohio

3:00 AM est leaving the house now and catching a flight at 7AM!! can't wait to get there

18. NINE INCH

NINE INCH

Saw no HAMB sign anywhere. Blew away? Will stay tuned here for a redo. Look for u guys in the pits. 9"

19. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

I spy a roadster from Nebraska.

Attached Files:

20. hotrodtom

hotrodtom

Sittin' in a motel south of SLC, I'm not gonna venture out on the salt until it dries. Hairy drive yesterday from Cortez, CO with rain and narrow roads givin' me sweaty palms to say the least. See you guys -- sometime. I'll be at Days Inn thru Tues a.m.; I'm on a hotel computer right now. Great to hear about the trips out.
    Fearless

21. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

HAMB BBQ is on for 4pm today. We are having it in the pits where Tims truck is. Look for the turquoise and white #416 ford. We will try to hang a banner or something, but the dead giveaway will be the big tub of free hotdogs... Come get some raffle tickets! Help us spread the word.

BTW- the salt is good, weather is good, everything is looking better today. Keep your fingers crossed that it stays that way.

Mac

22. nexxussian

nexxussian

HAMB BBQ was good, glad to see those of you that I did.

Salt is much better, hopefully that trend will continue.

23. Did we raise 'nuff for Buick59 .. did he make it ?

24. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

Yes....I saw Mike and his son on saturday and again this morning...:D

25. Great .. thank you

26. Lytles Garage

Lytles Garage

Vince reset his own record !! he went 213 !!!

Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
  27. Got back after 13 hours on the road. Thanks to Mac for all his help and the Midget Chef. Yes, the BBQ went off. We also did more BBQ at teh KOA last night for our small group of HAMBers. We called off the raffle completely since it was many more folks than HAMBers that were offering goodies up (I had also posted it on www.landracing.com). Mac and I felt that to be fair and collect the most amount of coin for STS that I will just do it online. I hauled back a TON of goodies from the salt. Thanks to all who stepped up!I will try and sort things out and figure the logistics in raffling this online. Give me a little time. I WILL have something posted up here on the HAMB.

Thanks to all that stopped by the #416 pits. Tim got the truck up to 142! And this shit is real, I picked up my SCTA logbook for my car ;)

Best weekend ever.

28. nexxussian

nexxussian

New logbook, woo hoo. :D

Congrats, that's a real step in the right direction! :)

Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
  29. Glad to have you around this weekend Erik!