Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help ID this lights? :)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kjell Elias, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Hello everyone :)

I got these lights for free from my father, and they are missing somthing.. so im trying to find out what they are from so i can find new reflectors? :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

diamether where the glass should be is 22cm..

hope somone can help :) thx

2. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Shoot a picture of the part that secures rim at the bottom and of the ligh with rim off... I think these are '30-31 Ford A but need to see those areas. If so they are from a truck since shell is painted and not stainless. Parts would be very easy to get.

3. Like this? :)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Bruce nailed it with your additional pictures. A bit of trivia. Bratton's (brattons.com) is in the process of releasing new reflectors that have the correct shape. I am not sure if they are out yet and haven't seen any reports on them from users. Prior reproduction reflectors were junk (wrong shape) and the only way was to refinish originals.

Charlie Stephens

5. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

6. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Also...reflectors must be plated with silver (original material) or reflective aluminum stuff...some are chrome which simply does not work. The lights are actually quite usable with proper reflectors and bulbs.

7. thx! :) ill try find reflectors on that side you linked to.. :)