Register now to get rid of these ads!

Here is a bunch of cars that woud be cool fixed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wisconsinjimmy, Aug 8, 2012.

1. wisconsinjimmy

wisconsinjimmy

2. kyvetteman

kyvetteman

Punctuation is your friend Jimmy. Sorry about your Dad. That's tough to see.

3. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Sorry about your dad! :( Hang in there man!

4. Cool cars!
    My dad has dementia also. Best thing I can tell you is to educate yourself as much as you can. Its a bad disease! Right now in North America one in 10 families is effected by dementia in only ten more years it will be 1 in 2! Its coming on like a tsunami... sad!

-Shiny

5. Terrible Tom

Terrible Tom

Went through that with my Mom. Hang in there.
    Tom

6. George

George

The "1950? Dodge" is a 46-8.

7. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

My wife works with dementia & Alzheimer's patients,i did for a while.just stay strong & remember there is some good days & bad days,
    & send me that way O/T AMC gremlin!

8. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

& just to add the family needs to get 2 responsible people to take control of the estate. need to get it done before he is to far into the final stages!

9. Now this is just my opinion. Im not giving medical advice. My 84 year old mother had altizmers. No history of it in her family. They all died fairly young in their fifties &sixties of heart attacks. she had a mild stroke & went to a heart doctor. Im of the opinion that when folks have heart problems & follow the low colestorol diet. That And the prescribtion heart medicine causes their brain cells & symapses to deteoriate. the brain needs colestorol to function properly. We never had this epidemic of Altizmers until the healthy heart agenda became popular. Im of the opinion its a poor trade off. Myself I eat a fried egg and bacon heavly salted every morning. I do take a water pill & a aspirin every day. I also check my blood pressure often. OldWolf

10. BLUMEANIE

BLUMEANIE
    from St. Louis

My neighbor's got it bad too. Every time she sees me working in my driveway she runs across the street and asks how old my truck is four or five times then tells me the same stories about her first car, a 42 Chevy, and how it had no radio so they would all pile in and sing while they sped down the old dirt roads in the area. ...I usually listen, have a soda with her and smile like I've never heard what she's about to say. Sometimes she thinks I'm her younger brother or some boy she knew way back when and brings me a bowl of ice cream when it's hot out. I figure her memories are the good ones, the kind we'd all like to be left with, so I don't interfere. The other neighbors are all aware and we look out for her.

Don't let these times ruin your memories of him when things were better.

...also, I agree with damagedduck, get two responsible people to take control of the estate.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
  11. Terrible Tom

Terrible Tom

Good on ya! You are doing the right thing.Tom

12. i'm with damagedduck on this one. get power of attorney before its to late. fatherinlaw has it real bad, but my wife has power of attorney to handle all of his affairs

13. 65COMET

65COMET

Tom;it is too bad that more people can not,or will not,find the time to listen to folks like your neighbor!!!It is a sad day when the mind is gone!! ROY.

14. 1950 silver bullet

1950 silver bullet
    from Austin, TX

another retired school teacher i guess ??? F#*% punctuation !!!

15. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Enjoy your Dad while you can. The rest will wait.
    Blue Meanie, Thank you. Youre one of the good ones.

16. My mother had early onset Alzheimer's, diagnosed when she was in her late '50s. Not an easy thing to go through.

The cars will wait.

17. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

YES enjoy time with him!!! even if he has an off day or so.in the end you can say
    "I WAS THERE"!
    the thing about having 2 folk taking of the estate is to keep family/folk honest! i watched family pretty much rob my Grandpa blind..but it would have been worse if no one was watching,i watched things get thrown away that had no cash value--but it had value to the ole man,i have all his awards he had on his walls- now are hanging in my house,& i have receipts for every damn thing i bought from him. (sorry about the rant)
    It's been 2 1/2yrs since the ole man passed & i have NO regrets about the time i spent with him!

18. Bad Eye Bill

Bad Eye Bill
    from NB Canada

There may well be a lot of truth in what you say Old wolf and I believe it myself, also, let's not forget the amount of chemicals that are used in food production these days, medicines, growth hormones, etc, how this can be good for us I fail to see. Just look at the allergies in kids today.

You can't buy a dozen eggs or a quart of milk from a farmer today, it's illegal, you can't legally buy a chicken or a side of beef or pork from anyone who isn't government approved and to be approved they have to comply with all the bullshit. Cattle, pigs, chickens never see the outdoors today, how is this healthy?

How did all us oldtimers live this long eating and drinking these dangerous things.

To add to this, most people today work and go to school in climate controlled buildings, with no fresh air or sunshine.

Boggles my mind and I hope some of yours.

I'll shut up now.

19. I live out in the country. However Im the only one in my neighborhood that has poultry, milks a cow,fattens a hog, and grows a serious garden. and it would be a lot of red tape to sell any surplus. We also hunt and consume a lot of game. This hormoned food makes the animals mature and fatten quickly. The residual is passed on to those who eat it. The 12 years olds have breast and a pot gut, Even the Boys need to wear a bra! I think Folks just dont know any better or are complacient. Old Wolf