Register now to get rid of these ads!

the strangest thing happened today...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flamin' ace, Aug 8, 2012.

1. ok, you guys are probably not going to believe this but here it goes..
    i was doing a little painting on a pedalcar i'm restoring (and yes customizing). and some priming on the truck. i decided to take a break and let the paint dry. so i went inside and made a milkshake, i was just about to go out in the garage and delightfully enjoy my milkshake, when i walked out into the garage, something flew right by my face... i then come to the shocking realization that a hawk (like bird of prey hawk). has trapped itself in my garage!:eek: it flew in through the 4' crack i had in one of the doors, and then couldn't get out. after a few minutes of it flapping around, landing on various objects, and scaring the crap out of me it flew out.. i have no clue how this happened, just thought i would share it with you guys.

2. Must have wanted to check out your paint job!

3. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Hmm.... another haunted pedal car thread?:D

4. KandN Kustoms

KandN Kustoms

Poor little bird probably just chased a mouse in you shop then when it disappeared under something it just forgot how to get out!
    Hope it didn't mess up your primer!
    strange things happen in the most unexpected times!

5. Harms Way

Harms Way

I'll trade you my occasional Bats for your Hawk....... I HATE Bats !!!!!

6. fleetside66

fleetside66

It's though to get a little bird out of the garage once it gets in, no less a freakin' hawk. I hope ya didn't spill the milkshake. I've got this mystical friend that lives on the Jemez Pueblo in New Mexico & he told me that every time I see a red-tail hawk, it was him saying "hi" to me. Ever since than, I think of him when I see a hawk overhead. Maybe someone's trying to contact you? Or, maybe he wanted to check out your paint job?

7. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

I get lots of hummingbirds in my garage. They tend to fly right up to my face and hover within 6 inches of my face before taking off. It's happened so often, that now I barely flinch. Good thing I wear glasses. lol.

8. hahaha. the primer's fine (actually looks really good). i just hope he made it out okay, i might name my truck "the hawk" now. my mom says it may be some American Indian ritual that brings me good luck.. i dunno. all i can say that it was weird and the LAST thing i was expecting.

9. spooler41

spooler41

I've got the same problem with birds flying into my shop when the doors are open, it's a pain when I close up . I've got to try to get them out before I can close the doors, if I don't they crap all over and that is another pain in the a** to deal with. The good thing is they only come in to nest for a few weeks in late spring.

................Jack

10. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

If you have a verified hawk in the neighborhood be sure you don't let any small pets outside. Those little vultures make quick work of anything 5-6 lbs. or less.

Frank

11. jcapps

jcapps
    from SoCal

I have hummingbirds come in on occasion and try to get out through the sealed dome skylight. I try everything to try and help them out but they usually wear themselves out so much that they die from exhaustion

12. davidbistolas

davidbistolas

I'm the only one thinking "He was drinking a milkshake?!?" I guess...

13. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

We got flying cockroaches around here... I'd rather see a hawk headed my way than one of these giant bastards. Hope the milkshake was gooood.

14. You sure it was a hawk and not a crow? You know, crows inside are a bad omen ..ΩN

15. the milkshake was fine,:D:D i have pics and a video of it too. after he got out he sat on a rooftop across the street and stared at me for a good 15 min. every time i looked up he was sittin there starin at me,

kinda creeped me out.

16. carlisle1926

carlisle1926

I was thinking he was going to say some guy with a really long straw drank his milk shake. lets see how many of get what I'm referring to.

17. Birds can be kinda creepy like that. A few years ago on a sunday I had a starling fly into my house. I chased it around for a little while then got it to fly out the front door. The next day, monday morning, I went to work and found a dead one on the inside of the over head door that that had gotten trapped in the shop over the weekend. That was weird.

18. ArtGeco

ArtGeco
    from Miami

Wonder if he spotted a pest?
    Got mice or snakes in the garage?
    Something caught his intention.

19. racer67x

racer67x

keep a tennis racket and a couple old badminton rackets at the bottom of the stairs for when a bat gets in..bat ball is one of my favorite garage sports.
    :lol:
    its actually quite a challenge..

20. Should have let it land on the pedel car... Hit it with some clear real quick like and call it a Trans Am...

21. Heheh, I like that one! :D

22. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

Hawks are one of my totems,i would rather have a hawk than my drunk ass neighbor anytime!

23. Harms Way

Harms Way

Ive done that with some success,... But a pal showed me a trick. you hold a broom sideways to the bats line of approach,... when they get close enough to take a swing you turn it as you swing..... My "Bat-ting" average is about 50%.... :D

24. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

When we first got married 43 years ago my wife called those damned things "water bugs" We didn't have cockroaches we had "water bugs". I sprayed the hell out of them at any rate.

I'd guess that who ever said that the hawk went into the garage while following something was pretty close to right.

25. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

I believe the bird .......but the milkshake has me worried. (interesting)
    B.B.

26. Roger Walling

Roger Walling

Hey, Flameing Ace,

Maybe the hawk wanted to buy your pedal car. Did you look to see if he left a deposit on it?

27. Did the Hawk say anything...Coulda been this guy ...just sayin

Attached Files:

• th.jpeg
      th.jpeg
      File size:
      4.9 KB
      Views:
  28. True....one of those got one of my dad's chihuahuas a few years ago.

29. FANTM58

FANTM58

Is your nose bright red ?