Register now to get rid of these ads!

Freshly bagged 1959 ford f100

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Blake84, May 29, 2012.

1. 56Firedome

56Firedome

Have them ship the new front end to your house and save some cash to have it put in. Hell, you could take an evening class at a community college and do a better job than those hacks. So what if the owner does the job this time. Im sure he was there the first time too. You must be a slow learner. I wish you luck, and I love your truck but wake up already:).

2. HoldFast

HoldFast

That's a sweet looking truck.

3. BACAGrizz

BACAGrizz

Good luck. Hope it works for you. Don't know if I would trust them a third time. What's the course of action if they screw it up again?

4. deto

deto

take the kit and save your money to have someone reputable do the install. These guys are horrible. I know this situation sucks but I can't imagine it turning out good. The shop's word isnt worth dog shit, and I wouldn't go back for a 3rd helping.

5. POLYFRIED 35

POLYFRIED 35

Glad to see you are finally getting something done.

6. I have some beach front property in yuma az for sale do want to buy it.

7. Big Nick

Big Nick

Dumbest thing I have ever heard, sorry man but thats it. I dont care what front end they are putting in, these guys are hacks and the fact you are going to allow them once again to work on your truck is just plain stupid, then you are going to dirve it on the public road and possibly put people in harms way. Good luck and I hope you dont hurt anyone along the way. Unbelievable.

8. if you are going to go back a third time please make sure they paint the truck bright caution orange and install strobe lights on the roof so all can be warned on the streets that a dangerous vehicle is on the road!:eek:

9. You can only butcher up a frame so many times... I see another frame in his future.

Bob

10. Blake84

Blake84

they are not cutting my frame?

sure how much?:D

I get what everyone is saying I really do. I agree 100 percent. I had a lengthy conversation with the shop. They are NOT going to cut my frame. The old shit suspension is just getting grinded off. I did offer to have them just purchase the suspension and I would have it installed somewhere else. Part of their agreement is they want to make right with the truck. They dont want to have an unhappy customer. I will PAY a reputable installer to go with me to inspect their work and will NOT accept the truck unless it is APPROVED and installed correctly. I am then taking it directly to get an alignment where I will make sure it is 100 percent installed straight and true. I WILL NOT accept the truck if it in not perfect. They are fully aware of this.

I honestly appreciate everyone for helping me on this. Look if it doesnt work out, its my faultI GET IT EVERYONE WARNED ME. I just got off the phone with rob at nolimit engineering discussing his kit as an option too. I explained the situation to him and he said honestly these kits are very easy to install with step by step instructions. I will check on the truck often during this install and if anyone between LA and Corona from the HAMB wants to ride out with me and check it out to help out, Id love to buy them lunch or work something out for their time. Its the only option I have right now. I am going to be out of town for next few months and possibly relocating to Cincinatti and want this fixed. I really do hear everyone and want to thank everyone for all their help and all the PM's I recieved. I dont really need people to write messages about how dumb my desicion is etc. I will get this suspension fixed one way or the other. right now I want to settle with this shop and settling is getting the new front suspension.

Again if anyone between LA and Corona that has knowledge in installing these kits wants to go to the shop with me when I drop truck off to go over everything and maybe during install or at the end shoot me a PM.

Thanks again for everyones help!

11. Jimbacca

Jimbacca

If you've got the ability to talk to Stillwell ask him. He's been around forever and has many contacts from his magazine days to now. If sik is trying to make it right and actually going to try this time let them. If they jack it up again all the fanboys in the world won't be able to talk the work away.

12. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Im sure it will work out fine. They have a name to keep clean, and even more a club name. I bet his fellow members pushed him to sort this out.
    With all the shit talk about minitrucks being hackjobs these days this is the last thing they need, so i am 100% positive that this time it will be done right.

I would still like to know how this made it out of the shop door, but thats another story i guess.

13. Big Nick

Big Nick

Bonez, I see where you are coming from, but these guys just dont do good work, name or no name, club or no club. Its the same in the bike world. They just keep turning out junk.
    Blake, you'll see, this is going to either cost you a fortune in the future to do it right or you will get fed up and sell the truck and take a beating.

14. Randzz75

Randzz75

15. n847

n847

Hope it works out for ya...If you wind up moving to Cinci I'll look foreward to seeing the car around the Cin Day area!

16. Blake84

Blake84

17. Jimbacca

Jimbacca

Are you doing Nolimit or TCI? Both are great kits just seems like alot of unneeded hopping around with people trying to help you

18. Blake84

Blake84

Just found out about no limit 2 days ago.....talked to rob and kiNd of liked his kit. More travel and I watched it in action. He's close and does installs himself. Also offers one free swap on spindles.....if I get drop spindles and they are too low he will do one free swap back to original or vice versa......also like how he is close to shop and can check on job....nobody knows how to install the kit better than guy who engineered it......if he gives thumbs up on their work then i will be satisfied....

Sorry for hopping around. Wasn't aware of this kit until 2 days ago.......

19. j-dogg

j-dogg

What club are these guys in?

20. Jimbacca

Jimbacca

No Limit does have great kits and service. The shop I deal with has done their kit with coilovers on one truck and bags on another. Both drive great. I've have dealt with countless trucks that have used TCI as well. If No limit wants to check out the install then you kill two birds with one stone.

j-dogg the club is not an issue in this. It's not a club style shop. It's a shop that happens to be in a club.

21. fksmog

fksmog
    from so cal

i hope everything works out for you. i have a 59 f100 as well and i did a frame swap with a
    88 silverado [​IMG][/IMG]

22. that no limit kit looks nice. i like the way the shocks are worked into the system. nice all around. good luck!

23. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Dude that lays nice with the skinny whites.:cool:

The No Limit kit seems nice, i'd like to see more pics of it thou.
    I think both are great kits, the No limit is probably more racing oriented, and the about page cracked me up.

24. Blake84

Blake84

That truck looks dope. I want to see it in person sometime. Where in so cal?

25. fksmog

fksmog
    from so cal

Blake im in Simi valley but im planing on being at mooneyes Christmas

26. Blake84

Blake84

So am I. I will see you there

27. SICBOY

SICBOY

Hope everything work's out for you:D

28. Jimbacca

Jimbacca

Any updates? Interested to see how the kit came out

29. Blake84

Blake84

Hey.....I dropped the truck off on the 20th at the shop we went over everything and Kevin the owner couldn't have been nicer....he said I apologize and it's 100 percent my fault. This is what happens when you put faith in an employee....I said I just want to know do you think I'm here for no reason or do you know this front end is not right. He said it's definitely wrong and I want to be the one to make it right so I have a happy customer. He then went over the new no limit kit which is so sick and heavy duty. He pulled my engine and front clip and watched the install DVD as well as discusses everything with the owner of no limit....I am going by the shop this friday to check the progress and drop off my front rims because I'm going back to original ford bolt patterns.....I'll snap some pics....he said he is the only one working on this truck and that when everything is tacked in place the owner of no limit is going to come by and approve the job and if anything needs to be changed he will take care of it. He also said he will get the truck aligned so I can see it's straight And true..... I'll keep you posted and I'll post some shots when I get them

30. cayager

cayager

sounds like something is finaly going good for you. hope it turns out great.