Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage shots from days gone by!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dog427435, Dec 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swi66

swi66

2. swi66

swi66

3. twin6

twin6
    from Vermont

Where woodies come from, sometimes, and where they go to, sometimes...

Attached Files:

4. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

What I know for fact is both my grandparents were stationed up there somewhere under the ice.I forget if it was 1 year or longer duty but my grandfather was in the army on active duty.I was always told it was manned by volunteers then.Anyone that volunteered could bring their spouse BUT once there they stayed the full time no matter what. All mail was done through a town in Alaska at the time we believed that they were in that town.I do not know if that town was Anchorage but they were both in Anchorage when the quake hit. I do not know if that was before of after they were on what my grandmother called "The base" not long ago a class mate of mine in elementary school apologized for making fun of me back then because she and her husband were stationed there some 20 years later!I have to wonder if they were really at camp Century.Grams just used to tell us about "the full city under the ice"

5. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-1t3yJhFpo

this is a nice video about 'Camp Century', located near Thule, Greenland. this project started as 'project Iceworm' at beginning of cold war. the video make you think of doin' research and science in the ice, but another fact was maybe to reach russia pretty fast with one or two nuclear rockets, if it's necessary to answer somewhat...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Iceworm

6. Love that Bob... Wills and his Texas Playboys
    [​IMG]

7. Detroit, 1930s
    [​IMG]

8. 1951 Detroit - Woodward Dream Cruisin'
    [​IMG]

9. 1954 "Plain Jane Mainline"
    [​IMG]

10. 1943 Scrap Rubber Drive:
    [​IMG]

11. My hometown. :D

12. swi66

swi66

13. said Amarillo,TX?

found this one:

[​IMG]

14. twin6

twin6
    from Vermont

Rare shot of T-Head's grandpa after he smoked the tires off his Brush...

Attached Files:

15. That station is known as KGNC nowadays.

16. T-Head

T-Head
    from Paradise.

If you thinks something stinks here, it does, because this is TWIN6's METHANE powered car. He saves up for months to go on a trip......

Attached Files:

17. 4everblue

4everblue

18. This is a bit of an oddity. The script on the number plate looks more like that used in NZ than anything in Aust.

The thing is Fords in NZ were a direct import from either US or Canada as I understand it. Here in Aust. we had our own assembly plant. This resulted in some different or varied body styles being made here. The "ute" is one example. The sloper is another.

We also produced panel vans(called sedan delivery in US) here in Australia. These PVs were based on the utility however they never looked like the unit in the pic. This one has some unusual swage lines along the side that give it quite a lot of character. The Aust ones never had this.

I wonder if this was a custom built locally in NZ?

Anyone else with any ideas?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
  19. TRAFFIC BONERS???:eek::eek:

20. Sigh, boy, oh, boy, would I like to have one of these converted into a race car hauler. Living quarters up front, race quarters out back. A '67 Mustang funny car (nitro-injected FE, of course) would look good coming out the back of this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.