Register now to get rid of these ads!

29 model A running on diesel

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by przybyl28, May 1, 2012.

1. Interesting comparison, but the timing is just a tad advanced. :D

2. przybyl28

przybyl28

sorry .. no new updates at the moment i know its been a while .. im waiting on a reverse eye spring an shocks to be delivered and then im pretty much ready to start painting / assembling everything ! and now you mention it .. that dash does look a LOT like the face there !:D

3. przybyl28

przybyl28

another update ... the exhaust has been finished .. clutch has been installed .. front end suspension is all finished .. all that really needs doing before painting and then building is to recore the rad sort out the handbrake ..and get the propshaft balanced ect.. meanwhile the patches on the body are pretty much finished just need a little primer/paint [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
  4. afaulk

afaulk

An interesting and practical build I like it.

5. So-Cal Speed Sacramento

So-Cal Speed Sacramento
    Alliance Vendor
    from Sacramento

the chassis really looks terrific. the boxing and center crossmember were planned beautifully and flow great. good luck with the build!

6. przybyl28

przybyl28

Cheers for everyones comments ! I appreciate them all

7. Saxon

Saxon
    from MN

Nice work.

Have you considered using a later 1930s (38/39) ford handbrake? Not a lot of space in the model a's. Just a thought, don't know if you've figured it out already.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
  8. przybyl28

przybyl28

i think im gonna just keep the one that came with the car really .. its having all the rest of the original interior put back in soo i think ill just stick with what ive got .. thanks though :)

9. UK RUSS 1960 OLDS

UK RUSS 1960 OLDS

Hi przybyl28,

Looking at your user name i am guessing you must be Andy's boy. ?

If so your dad and me were talking about this car in Costco of all places about 18 months ago you certainly shouldn't have any problem with the paint.

The push button you have got on the dash i would say is off an old Route Master London bus if my memory serves me correct.

Cheers.

Russ.

10. UK RUSS 1960 OLDS

UK RUSS 1960 OLDS

Hi All,

Best of both worlds with this one, V8 Supercharged 6.2 Diesel.

[​IMG]

You don't hear Rod the owner of this car moaning about how much it cost's to run, driving it like a looney it is in the 30's MPG with 40+ MPG being the norm and 50 MPG achievable if driven carefully.

I don't know of any other HotRod in this country that racks up the annual mileage of this one. Last time i spoke to Rod he was getting ready to drive it to Finland and back some 2,500 - 3,000 miles depending on how much running about he ended up doing in Finland.

Cheers.

Russ.

11. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

I have to ask again the Diesel engine is out of a what ? Looks a neat fit in the A model chassis.

12. przybyl28

przybyl28

Its out of a ford P100 pickup truck. This one to be precise ! ImageUploadedByTJJ1344331112.573542.jpg

13. przybyl28

przybyl28

Yeaah thats mee !! In costco ? I think i was there ? I might have been in another aisle or something ?

Awesome ! Cheers for that Always wondered what it was off. The advert just said vintage bus button ! Nice to know :)

14. Mr 42

Mr 42
    from Sweden

Here he is in Sweden after the ESRA Finland Meeting, on his way home.

Attached Files:

15. UK RUSS 1960 OLDS

UK RUSS 1960 OLDS

Hi przybyl28,

Strange, i was in Bailey Morris today getting a propshaft sorted when in walked Adrian from Buckland and ended up chatting to him about your car, turns out Bailey Morris did your prop aswell.

Cheers.

Russ.

16. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

OK, I recall you showing photos of a P100 earlier and I have to say they must be an English thing as I have not seen them before.

17. kingpins

kingpins

trucks gonna be awesome. cant wait to see it

18. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

He's not building a truck, it's a Model A coupe...:confused:

19. willymakeit

willymakeit

Are those injection lines and injectors where the sparkplugs would be? Just looks odd.

20. UK RUSS 1960 OLDS

UK RUSS 1960 OLDS

Hi willymakeit,

The steel pipes going over the top of the rocker covers are the injector pipes, the black rubber pipes that daisy chain from one injector to another are the leak off pipes (or surplus fuel return pipes if you prefer) and the blue leads that look like spark plug leads are the glow plug leads for the cold start.

I have got some more detailed photos somewhere when i dig them out i will post them up.

Cheers.

Russ.

21. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Yes, a Coupe and it is going to be so different with a Four Banger Diesel.

22. UK RUSS 1960 OLDS

UK RUSS 1960 OLDS

Hi willhemakeit,

Closer pic of Rod's diesel engine.

[​IMG]

Cheers.

Russ.

23. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

What is that engine ?

Has any one got a photo of the pickup from Chopped last year with the V8 Cummins that looks like a V8 Hemi engine ?

24. przybyl28

przybyl28

Just got back from drag racing in hockenheim .. Soo havent updated in a while. This is the stage the body's in at the moment. All the patches welded/ chemical metal'ed and just waiting for a coat of mixed satin/gloss black to blend them to the original paint Patches dont look that bad from
    The inside so i think ill leave them that way !

Attached Files:

25. UK RUSS 1960 OLDS

UK RUSS 1960 OLDS

Hi HOTFR8,

Rod's engine is a 6.2 GM, he is building a 6.5 GM diesel at the moment then is going to swap them over.

Cheers.

Russ.

26. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Thanks Russ. It looks very much like the Cummins V8 that was at the Chopped event last year.

27. dad-bud

dad-bud

Hey przybyl28 - keep up the good work - your chassis looks great, and I'm looking forward to more posts to come.

HOTFR8 and UK RUSS OLDS 60 - if you guys want to start a thread to discuss diesels - go for it, don;t hijack the young guy's thread - just sayin'.

28. willymakeit

willymakeit

Ok. It makes sense now. Im used to being around farm equipment engines. Thanks

29. willymakeit

willymakeit

To the O.P. eep up your work. This is very interesting.

30. chopd top

chopd top
    from Florida
    1. HAMB Relays

This thing is coming together nicely!! Love the diesel idea and it looks to be sitting in a righteous frame. Keep up the good work and keep us posted!