Register now to get rid of these ads!

August 5th Sacramento Swap Meet - Roll call

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Buzznut, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Buzznut

Buzznut

2. cleatus

cleatus
    from Sacramento

Thanks for the reminder

3. rpkiwi

rpkiwi
    from Truckee CA

It is a great event,unfortunately I wont be able to get there till a little later in the day.

4. I'll be there, me and a buddy are leaving around 2:30....

5. So-Cal Speed Sacramento

So-Cal Speed Sacramento
    Alliance Vendor
    from Sacramento

we'll be out there. if there is anything in particular you want us to put on the trailer (avoid sales tax at the show) be sure to let us know by friday or so!

6. web site is www.renoswapmeet.com
    or www.sacramentoswapmeet.com

you do not have to be pre registered --- just come to the gate 11,000 spaces
    plenty room for everyone ...

NOTE -- WEST ENTRANCE FOR SELLERS -- car corral etc

use East Entrance for buyers -- PARKING IS FREE

admission is $8 ..

7. Buzznut

Buzznut

Are you talking about bringing into the swap meet to sell or putting stuff you buy on the trailer to take home? What are they charging tax on? Parts you walk out with?...

8. Hotweel

Hotweel

Coming from Reno! Best swap meet I've been to in years.

9. Buzznutt
    I think Rob mean's SoCal is not going to charge sales tax on their stuff they sell at the swap meet ..
    kinda like what Orchard Hardware does every so often .. they pay the sales tax for the buyer

call him to verify 877-467-3871 .... their shop is right around the corner over on Del Paso blvd. in North Sac ... it looks like a speed shop back in the 60's ...they are much more than a T-shirt shop
    ...if you come into town on Sat before the swap meet swing by and check it out.. Plus the california Auto Museum is having their "moving cruise" on that Sat too ....

and what most people don't know So Cal Sacto has a HUGE inventory of used vintage parts . fenders- doors- frames -plus a few "new " French Flatheads ....

praying for a sea breeze on Sat ....

10. thanks for the compliment .. :)
    after ending our 21 year partnership with HAN
    in Reno our move to Sacto proved
    to be a good thing for all the hobby ....and the sellers ...:D:D

Attached Files:

11. will be there, looking for Durant oddies and stuff. Excellent show, went to the last (my first after moving to the area) I plan never to miss one from here out.. good folks, fo sure.

12. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

Good swap meet. Big swap meet, lot of walking so wear some comfortable shoes.

13. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

14. whewwe....french flatheads...hey any pics....maybe of some 30-31 Roadsters for sale ?

15. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Best swap meet of the year in NorCal in my opinion--always find lots of good items

16. NAS Backyard

NAS Backyard
    from Lodi CA

Ill be there with my 69 Roadrunner in the car corral for sale. It will be the nicest green 69 Roadrunner you ever laid your eyes on. Selling it after 11 years of ownership to finance the Olds and other projects.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
  17. NAS Backyard

NAS Backyard
    from Lodi CA

Hey Rob, I'll take that 394 Olds 3 duece set up you have on ebay LOL! , but All I have to trade are Silver Eagles right now...

18. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

so, who got the super deal of the day today? I didn't find anything worth mentioning. very few small sales. I do hate that this swap is set up so poorly for entry as a Seller. No signs on main road telling you that Sellers have to enter at Buyers gate so, lots of people have to do u-turns, even with trailers. Then even pre-registered Sellers have to go over a ditch to drive in and then park no where near the booth that you have to walk to and stand in line to get your Vendor Pass and wrist bands. Then have to get in another line to be allowed to go to a space to sell. Get one small parking place for $20 so, plan on getting two if you want to set your stuff out.

19. riskybiz

riskybiz

I went to swap meet today and found (bought) alot of great parts.
    57 chevy continental kit--400
    57 Chevy outside HT visor--550
    set of 55 packard hub caps---100
    rechrome grille for my 54 Ford--350
    found a nice 48 Chevy project 2000. but wife said do I need it, so I only took the guys name and number.
    So again it was a good swap meet and worth the 2 1/2 hr drive.

20. NAS Backyard

NAS Backyard
    from Lodi CA

[​IMG]
    I got a 23 K offer on my Roadrunner, i wanted 24, told him i would meet him in the middle. Figured out he was a flipper and didn't even want to test drive it so i took it home. Found some really cool trinkets cheap!
    Carb spacers 2.00 ea
    Sterling silver goblet 10.00
    2 chrome Olds air cleaners 15.00
    Olds 330-455 Offenhauser valvecovers 50.00

AND unrelated to the swap meet i won some beat up Offenhauser Valve covers on ebay for my 394 for 130.00 delivered.....

21. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

I scored some neat junk too, mostly stuff for my new '56 Chevy project, but I also bought a 1963 issue 1957 Chevy model kit. The kit was half built but I just love the old model kit box art!

Attached Files:

22. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

Best parking lot ever
    Actually put a dent in my bed side trying to get in a spot …….. How in the F*#% do they get away with these layouts and dimensions.

23. Buzznut

Buzznut

Wish I had know you would be there Scott...

I got there around 10 am...wish I had gotten there earlier. Not only was most of everything picked over, the guys selling parts were getting tired of being there and some started packing up as early as noon. It was pretty much a ghost town on the backside by about 2pm.

I picked up a cheap set of knock-offs for my slotted mags that will get me by for now for $40/set. Found an original Operators Manual in really decent shape for my '56 Chevy pickup for a whopping $3, got a pair of shop coveralls for $5, found an old Sun Tach...appears to be 60's to 70's vintage that looks like it was never installed...has a chrome bezel, only goes up to 4000 rom, but very cool looking for $20, and an old 30 cal ammo can that I plan on cutting the lid off and using a floor access door for my dual master cylinder for $7.

Next year I will get there earlier and bring a wagon for larger parts.

24. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

Yeah Bill, next swap meet you're gonna hit let me know, we can grab lunch and talk about life, stupid women, and hot rods! :)

25. Buzznut

Buzznut

lol, sounds good.

26. So-Cal Speed Sacramento

So-Cal Speed Sacramento
    Alliance Vendor
    from Sacramento

exactly! we don't get to keep the tax, so you might as well should!! i've literally put complete bodies and chassis on the trailer for the show so customers could legally get away with not paying sales-tax. for big stuff like that, though, it helps to know ahead of time.