Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Eastwood & Barakat

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rick Barakat, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Alex-
    If you have any other Halibrands, I'm sure either Pete or I would be happy to to accept them for a future project:D.

Here are the pictures of the frame all prepped and ready to put primer on it. I am waiting for my neighbors in my industrial complex to leave before I spray it.

I want you guys to remember, this is the way we did it then. The inside of the frame is not finished like the part that shows. This is NOT a show car. This is basically a daily driver.

Attached Files:

2. Rick, you've been a busy boy on that frame. It looks a lot different than when I saw it at Bobby's. That thing is going to look awesome in orange!

Sorry, I'm all out of magnesium wheels. I got tired of polishing them, and after one of my Pugs snuck into the garage and pee'd on one of my magnesium Torque Thrusts and pitted them, I needed a break from magnesium for awhile. So, I sold the Torque Thrusts to a fellow HAMBr in Pennsylvania and bought a pair of 16x12 ET IIIs. MUCH easier to keep shiney, but not as cool as mag.

3. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Here is the primed frame. The new gun sure made it a lot easier and no material even hit the ground. It takes a little getting used to how much material comes out. Sorry for the sideways pictures.

Attached Files:

4. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Jeem-
    What the heck is with you? You change Avatars like Hot Rodders change their Levis!:D

5. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Just keeping you alert Rick!

6. Jimmy-
    Love the new avatar.

7. river1

river1

he has many avatars, one for each of his personalities :cool:

later jim

8. Reindeer

Reindeer
    from Finland

Nice work indeed. Here am I spectating with THE shirt on! Keep up the good work!

9. Roadsir

Roadsir

What type of paint and primer on the chassis? and did you just use an HVLP gun?
    Can't wait to see more progress

10. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Reindeer-
    I'm glad you are enjoying the shirt. I'm still collecting pictures of guys around the world wearing them in front of a famous landmark. Where is your picture?

NUROADSIR-
    I love '34 5W highboys. Maybe that's why I have one:D.

I used a new Binks HVLP gun. I'm using DP90 epoxy primer and I will be using Centari single stage acrylic enamel.

11. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

This is for the Flathead lovers!
    Does anyone know what this means besides 5-guy?

Attached Files:

• OHV.JPG
      OHV.JPG
      File size:
      348.1 KB
      Views:
  12. Off Highway Vehicle?

Brett

13. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Brett-
    That must have been to easy. But then again, no one else responded.:D

Today I'll be gathering up what should be my last load to the sandblaster. I'll have it back on Friday and will be doing more priming this weekend.

I'll also be blocking the frame tomorrow and if it looks O.K. I'll paint it this weekend also.

14. I worked in the four bu four industry for a long time and I remember that term from out there.
    Bart and I will be Rock'in our E&B shirts on the salt next week for ya!

15. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

That should b fun in this 105+ degree heat.

16. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Brett-
    Make sure you either post a picture of that or pm one to me.

Steve-
    You're right. If it stays this hot, I might still be able to prime but definitely not paint!
    When I posted that, I was in Parker, AZ and it was 115+ degrees. I had no idea it was this hot back home in the San Gabriel Valley.

17. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

NUROADSIR-
    The primer was PPG and and the Binks gun is a M1G with a 1.4 fluid tip.
    I hope this helps. I couldn't be happier with the choice.
    Rick

18. Rick, great thread. I've been enjoying it for a while now. Just a word of caution on your "Auto signature" request. I have to travel some and you should be carfull what you wish for. Flying from Asia will get you your 36 hour day. Up at 3 a.m in Singapore, catch the 5:40 to Tokyo, Leave there at 4:30 p.m. and land in San Francisco at 9:00a.m. the same day. Jump on the 1:00 to Boise, drive home by about 3:00 p.m. get your orders from "The War Department" on all the things you are behind on and work until you pass out 36-38 hours after you got up. It'll make you feel your years!
    Keep up the good work, and grab a nap when you can.

19. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Fan Attic-
    WOW- I never thought of it that way. Check out my signature now!
    I'm glad you're enjoying the thread.
    Rick

20. 5_guy

5_guy
    from Upland, CA

Rick your too funny, OHV (Oh Heaven Victor?) yuck yuck

21. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Finally got the tires mounted. What a mess! More California BS. You can only use steel wheel weights because lead weights contaminate the environment. Oh please. Thanks to Pete's thinking ahead, he had a box of lead weights that we were able to use. But wait there is more BS. The tire shop can't install lead weights so we marked the wheel location and ounces needed and took them to my truck where I mounted the weights. Next thing you know, they'll outlaw the rubber in tires!

Attached Files:

• w&t.JPG
      w&t.JPG
      File size:
      457.6 KB
      Views:
    • w&t2.JPG
      w&t2.JPG
      File size:
      462.4 KB
      Views:
    • w&t3.JPG
      w&t3.JPG
      File size:
      446.5 KB
      Views:
    • w&t4.jpg
      w&t4.jpg
      File size:
      147.5 KB
      Views:
    • w&t5.JPG
      w&t5.JPG
      File size:
      446.1 KB
      Views:
  22. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

You've GOT to be KIDDING. Where's the reset button?

Wheels look beautiful, by the way.

I bet I know where the back tires came from....

23. UNCLECHET

UNCLECHET

OMG! You should come to Kansas. I had some balanced a couple weeks ago and the guy used some brand new lead weights, only on the inside, they sure are pretty. And when I'm out riding my bicycle if I see any lead weights on the side of the road I pick them up for my dad. He melts them down and casts bullets. We like to recycle around here you know. Great thread by the way. Loved the car way back when and love it now. Super cool!

24. Oh man, those wheels look great all mounted up. I just had some old ET IIs mounted up a few weeks ago, and I got steel weights without even knowing it. I was told that the notion of outlawing lead weights was not for the environment, but for the potential of it being used for making bullets. Big Brother is keeping us safe.

Any updates on the chassis? It's been blazing hot up here (110 on Friday, with some humidity), and I'm guessing that you guys are cooking down there as well. Too damn hot to paint anything.

25. mcbay

mcbay

Man those are shiny......I think I see myself:eek: Lookin good Rick

26. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

I just can't get going in this heat wave. It is to hot to paint. I don't have a booth so I paint outside and with this weather I am afraid the paint will dry to fast and have poor adhesion. Remember, I'm a hobbyist and don't want to experiment with adding some of this or adding some of that to slow it down.

I am taking this time to detail some of the other items on the Sedan. I do need some advice though. I have the old Z/28 manifold that we used and if you have been following the thread, you may remember that water had been sitting in it for years. I am trying to clean out the white fuzz and nothing seems to eliminate it. I've tried Ultra aluminum cleaner and brightener and even a little Muriatic acid with no luck.
    Come on guys. Any ideas????

27. jalopy45

jalopy45

We restore intakes and the only way I've found to get rid of it is by blasting, glass or walnut shells if it's not too bad or sand if it's thick and a mild bleach rinse. Never found any chemicals that will work withoiut eating out chunks of the metal.

28. Let me know if you need the manifold blasted. I have a connection in Hesperia who has a blast cabinet and also has a ceramic bead tumbler that will make that manifold look brand new. The tumbler has a soapy solution that, along with the smooth ceramic beads, puts a really nice finish on the part.

29. FOURTYDLX

FOURTYDLX

White vinegar for the water jackets. Do not bead blast any thing that faces into the motor, beads that have impreg. into metal when heated will drop out and eat the bearings. I KNOW.

30. opfredet

opfredet
    from usa

Shark Cars is a playful idea dovetailing the Discovery Channel's Shark Week (Aug., 12 - 19th) and we're celebrating sixty years of car protruding performance of American design of the fifties:

http://www.carofthecentury.com/shark_cars.htm