Register now to get rid of these ads!

Old Cars Old Planes Old Men Photo Shoot at Palm Springs Air Museum

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by carl s, Aug 4, 2012.

1. carl s

carl s
    from Indio, CA

Met a fellow at the recent Historic Champ/Indycar Assn event at Auto Club Speedway.
    The long and short of it was he invited me to bring the car (1927 Boyle Valve Spl) for a photo shoot at the Palm Springs Air Museum.
    I have a 1932 photo of Wild Bill Cummings and early aviator hero Bob Shank with another Boyle Team car at a little airport on the outskirts of Indianapolis near The Boyle Race Shop.
    My goal was to replicate this 1932 photo and so I chose to have photos taken with the Museum's Stearman PT-17.
    Had a great time and also got to visit with the Museum Docents-most of whom are WW2 - Korean and Vietnam Vets. The local TV and Newspaper came along and did their thing.

Link to all photos:
    http://s1011.photobucket.com/user/carl44s/library/My BVS 15 Scrapbook?sort=6&page=1

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
  2. THAT put a smile on my face, my friend. Thanks for sharing.

3. Thats bad ass! A bi-plane flew over my place yesterday that was a cool sound.

4. gwayne

gwayne

That's awesome, thanks for sharing.. :)

5. Great museum, was there a couple of years ago and going back there in October for A.O.P.A. Convention

6. kyvetteman

kyvetteman

Those radial engines look and sound so cool!

7. carl s wish i would have heard about this sooner since i'm right next door in La Quinta. The museum their is great!

8. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

9. Rodders

Rodders