Register now to get rid of these ads!

Freshly bagged 1959 ford f100

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Blake84, May 29, 2012.

1. hooligan909

hooligan909
    from San Diego!

at this point.... I would just do a front clip and build the rest of the frame from scratch.... you can get it to lay rocker pretty easy then. If you do it your self could be done on the low and you know its not a hack job... but then again if you dont have the skills it could cost you $$$$$$$$$ to have a shop do it.

2. daddio211

daddio211

So I saw this car show on Facebook that's coming up next month. I think you should enter the truck...

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

3. Blake84

Blake84

Hahaha.....Someone else mentioned this to me as well.......

4. Jimbacca

Jimbacca

Jamey and ST usually have decent shows. Should be a good place to show off your ride if you can get it there. Presenting sponsor don't, usually at least our events, have input on how the show is run.

5. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

I thought in previous videos I saw the frame flexing sideways...
    now it looks like I was right.
    So sorry your pretty truck is getting hosed so bad

6. Blake84

Blake84

UPDATE*******

WE MIGHT have come to a resolution outside of court. they are stepping up to the plate after seeing my frame i believe. We have gone back and fourth for a while now and they have offered to install jag rebuild a different front end etc. I told them I do not feel comfortable with them cutting my frame for jag install and I dont feel comfortable with them designing another front end because they are not engineers.

Here was my offer......They call Steve Stillwell at TCI and order me a brand new front Mustang 2 setup with 2 inch drop spindles and brand new Firestone bags from Steve. If they have my frame straightened out and box it in and install correctly (steve said super easy with step by step instructions) and i have it checked out then I will drop everything. They agreed. The owner will do entire job himself to make sure this is done correctly.

I personally dont have time to go to court though I would have and also collecting on a debt is another pain in the ass. I dont see how this could go too bad especially since this entire front end is made for my truck tested and engineered. its about $2600
    http://www.totalcostinvolved.com/pdf/TCI_pg21-22.pdf

I had lunch with steve from TCI and another guy who is editor for classic truck magazine. They both explained everything to me and looked at my truck as well.
    I feel this is a fair resolution if installed correctly. I will have it alligned and make sure all measurments are done correctly and we are writting up an agreement of what we expect. Worst case i have a tci mustang front end and have to have it reinstalled by another shop but atleast i have a nice front end.

I know most will think i am stupid for setlling but collecting on this debt and this headache is driving me nuts and I want to end it and have this resolved. They have been very kind through this ordeal recently. I just want to update people.

7. Jimbacca

Jimbacca

Steve is a great guy. Past Editor, cool projects. If he gave you some ideas then a good person to listen to. Good luck. If you can get a resolution this way go for it. Court isn't all its cracked up to be.

8. Cool, hope everything works out good.

9. tooljunkie

tooljunkie
    from manitoba

glad you are making headway.
    glad i found your last post.

10. good to hear.
    make sure they are squared away with the BAR and the city before they touch your truck.

11. Blake84

Blake84

I know they are now currently registered

12. Sorry, letting these guys work on your truck again is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. No offense but many of us have told you to RUN!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Blake84

Blake84

Totally hear where you are coming from......I need A drivable truck. I don't have an additional $4500 to spend right now on a front end. With this front end I know it's a good front end with all geometry and design perfect. I was told install is not difficult especially since it is made specifically for my truck.... I also doubt I would ever see a dime and collecting would be a pain in the ass.......I would do it but this will be a much faster solution........I definitely hear what you are saying though......

Also they did find with a weld in kit on the back and this is a weld in kit on the front......will NOT be the same welder that did the front and the main issue was the design with the last suspension and I def don't have to worry about that with a TCI

14. YAPP

YAPP

"Third time's a charm" right? Man I hope this turns out for you.....

15. rat nasty

rat nasty

Why don't you just settle for the front end and wait to have a reliable shop do it...you shouldve learned to do it or have it done right the first time is always better! Just My 2 centz!

16. even if you went to court, the defendant has the right to remedy if so ordered.

in other words, the defendant always has a chance to make it right no matter what happened before court. if after an attempt at remedy he still couldn't get it right you'd have to go back to court to look for a financial settlement.

so you're in the same place you'd be with a judgement, and nothing further out of pocket at this point.

go for it.

17. 390kid

390kid

wrong me once. shame on you. wrong me twice . shame on me . cant see this ending good. get your head out your ass. and forget about that shop. its never a good idea to lets some bros do chassis research on your ride. it might end well. but i doubt it. seriously???

QUOTE=Blake84;8029703]Totally hear where you are coming from......I need A drivable truck. I don't have an additional $4500 to spend right now on a front end. With this front end I know it's a good front end with all geometry and design perfect. I was told install is not difficult especially since it is made specifically for my truck.... I also doubt I would ever see a dime and collecting would be a pain in the ass.......I would do it but this will be a much faster solution........I definitely hear what you are saying though......

Also they did find with a weld in kit on the back and this is a weld in kit on the front......will NOT be the same welder that did the front and the main issue was the design with the last suspension and I def don't have to worry about that with a TCI[/QUOTE]

18. RayMiller

RayMiller

[/QUOTE]

On the money they f'd it 2 times now and your going back for more? Don't think so if it were me.

19. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

Hope it works out this time...

20. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

Man I sure hate this happened to you,I have seen some hacks but the whole thing is a piece of shit,need to start from scratch totally over.Them guys if they are putting out crap like that Are going to kill some body:mad:

21. Blake84

Blake84

That's why the only agreement involved a front end from TCI made for my truck. I know it is designed properly and engineered by professionals and pretty easy to install. The owner passed off previous front end to apprentice and now is only touching vehicle himself. Steve Stilwell at TCI saw my vehicle in person and is going to talk with the shop and they will have step by step instructions. The majority of the issues with previous set up from this shop was engineering. It was designed poorly. Bag angle , tie rods welded, steering links etc. with this front end all of those issues are already perfect. The only thing they need to do is box frame and weld in place. I'm pretty sure it will be fine. If not shame on me but as of right now it's my best option.......again winning a judgment and collecting on one are 2 different things........

22. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yup. I've got $100k coming my way, about half-past never.

23. Blake84

Blake84

Exactly. Might as well take what you can get.

24. Pretty odd to have an apprentice tackle a big job and nobody checks on his work along the way. The shop owner should be doing some serious booty kissing by now... I hope it works out for you.

Bob

25. SICBOY

SICBOY

AHHHHH..... Don't do it!!!!:eek:

26. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Well, the back half of the truck was rather good if i remember right, so if the same guy does it, and with a model specific kit i really see nothin wrong with it.
    As much as i would hate to choose this option if it was me, i can totally understand the reasonin behind it.
    Im rather sure it will end up good.
    These guys have a reputation to rebuild btw, if that aint a push nothin is.

27. mrconcdid

mrconcdid
    from Florida

Did you ever get an explination to why it was built like it was? what about the burned seat, I went to there site after reading your post, its hard to believe a shop at this level, would turn out something like that. I understand your reasons for going back there, and it seams they can do the nice work, but how did this slip by.
    Good for you standing up for yourself, and it all seems to be working out.

Godspeed
    MrC.

28. chaddilac

chaddilac

It's not the frontend that's the problem... it's the installers!!!!!!!

We told you the second time not to take it back, and you did anyway. Look where that got ya!! Now you're taking it back a 3rd time? How long do you want to keep going round and round with them?

If you don't know no difference, it don't make no difference.

29. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Yep. Those guys need their tools taken away.

30. 100% Matt

100% Matt

I would make them pay for the new front end but no way in hell I would bring it back there for the install......their ineptness and lack of knowledge could have cost you much more than $$. It could have cost you your life or worse yet someone else's........