Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Bonneville 2012 Roll call!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tman, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Yeah baby, Yeah!

[​IMG]

2. -Brent-

-Brent-

How'd the techs let THAT through?! :D

3. Ole don

Ole don

Here's the deal, I live 10 to 12 hours from Lincoln, I always overnight there on my way to Bonneville. The Speedway Tour starts at two PM. A whole days driving wasted. I called them and asked for a morning tour. They said sure. Its a real shame to hold a tour for two guys. Anyone else who will overnight Tuesday is welcome to tag along on our tour of The America Museum of Speed, eight AM, Wednesday, August 8th, ten bucks. Ten to twelve more new friends would be cool. Across the street from Speedway Motors, Lincoln Nebraska. Eight'O clock sharp.

4. Crookshanks

Crookshanks

Wow. Great shot. Now I'm even more impatient. THank you!

5. What's an approximate price on these?

6. Here's a question...when spraying the underside of your car with salt-a-way, pam, or whatever, can I do that before we leave home, or should I apply it there? Does it matter? I do not think I will hit any rain if that matters.

7. -Brent-

-Brent-

You could do it at home, no problem.

8. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tony Harding likes checkerboard too...

9. I think they are only around 20 bucks (or a little less) Pretty cheap though.

10. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

I be seeing you soon Sam. I am ready to get out of here too. It seems funny to be going to cooler weather at Bonneville. You should detour for a death march on your way there.

That sure is an interesting picture of a couple of old coots that you posted.

Have a safe trip.

John

11. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

I put three coats on my wife's Mini Van yesterday. She is going to let my brother and I use it for the trip. I will rinse it with a lawn sprinkler when I return and then reapply the Salt X. I have had good results with this in the past.

John

12. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Don't forget a roll of duct tape and 2 cheap beach/pool towels. Before you get on the salt tape them on your floorboards and tape them as far up as you can get under the dash & leave them there til' the day you leave and then throw them to the side at the hotel or gas station and someone will "recycle" the towels. It will save you a ton when you get home trying to get 'caked' salt out of everything.

That tip also goes for rental cars..........not that anyone drives them onto the salt & daily drivers.

13. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

but wait................. $19.95 i think

14. Don't be posting pics of Tonya Harding on my thread!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I know the story............................

15. hutchamatic

hutchamatic
    from MS

I will be there with the Speed Demon and Blowfish. Looking for records this year.

16. Sodbuster I've always spayed PAM on the underside of my truck before heading out. It does not burn off,sticks and will not leave, works just fine. Make sure you get it in the hard to reach areas so you may want to get your vehicle up on a lift.

17. Thanks for the info guys! Hope the salt is not too wet...been there before when it's flingin like mud!!

18. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

I've been doing a little more work each night on the Roadster, making little improvements/changes/tieing (sp?) up loose ends. Going to run a D/A with 80-grit over the body and apply the Corrosion-X product, as well as Salt Away or Salt-X (whatever I have on the shelf from the last trip) on areas that will get salt directly on them.

My Uncle John is riding along. Should arrive on the Salt Friday afternoon, assuming we don't have any problems.

Again -- looking forward to meeting a bunch of you guys out there!

[​IMG]

19. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Figured I'd add a few photos from the last trip, too -- 2009

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

haha, man that sumner can march ya to death in the mountains ... it was fun, but im glad i am not doing it any more, sw airlines here i come...........

21. JC Sparks

JC Sparks
    from Ohio

I'm blowin out of Cleveland tomorrow morning. I'll see you guys at the bend Friday afternoon.
    Do any of you guys like to drink beer? If you do, we will drink some.
    JC Sparks

22. NINE INCH

NINE INCH

Awww, come on. I dig chicks from the other side of the tracks.:rolleyes: Lickity Split is a very cool car. Four days till liftoff. Tick,Tick,Tick.......

Attached Files:

23. kryptic phinishes

kryptic phinishes
    from kansas

this will be my first time on the salt, hope to meet a lot of new h.a.m.bs there

24. myke

myke
    from SoCal

I soaked my car with salt away before I left (10 hours away). Soaked it with salt away again when I got home then ran sprinklers under it for 2 days.

2 years later I am still finding areas that either are rusty or corroded from the salt. You won't even believe where it gets. I was a dry year too.

Word of advice, just don't bring a car you care about.

Mike

25. Yeah! I'll join you. just look for this rig. :D

[​IMG]

26. -Brent-

-Brent-

Best line of the thread!!!

27. Understated at best. JC is bringing some stuff for the BBQ, Tim likes OLD STYLE. For the rest of you, bring your own. We will have dogs and chips. Not getting crazy this first year with things like sides. Mac and I will talk this weekend. We have no idea how many of yoose all will show. We will do our best and know better for next year!:)

Last edited: Aug 4, 2012
  28. GARY?

GARY?

Brother Tman, we love Tanya round here, in Oregon at least. Don't be a hater.:DWe were just talking about her at the bar t'nite.

This is gonna be a good year on the salt, in the ditch, hell I don't care!!!!:D:D

We (Alviso Roadsters and such) will be rolling in late afternoon, god willing on Friday looking for beer, food, virgins .....something :)

29. Good luck with that! :rolleyes: