Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hey! Phoenix H.A.M.B.ers...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by need louvers ?, Mar 14, 2012.

1. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Yes, yes we did.... Might have a special guest this month too. Hung out today with flat-n-low from over in Apple Valley, CA. He might have the chance to join us tomorrow. Neat guy!

2. 29sportcoupe

29sportcoupe
    from arizona

3. mechanickeith

mechanickeith

Needing my chips & red salza!!!!!

4. mechanickeith

mechanickeith

Gonna be on the road in about a half hour!!! Hungry!! Nothing all day!!

5. Just deposited a check today. No cash till tomorrow. See you guys saturday night

6. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

headin' out right now!

7. mechanickeith

mechanickeith

Damn!!! Forgot Rositas is closed for summer vacation!!! Wont open back up til the 14th of August. The 4 that showed went around the corner onto 16th st to another place. Members whoe showed were, Nick Flores & his brother (sorry,forgot your name) need louvers & myself. Place was packed, pretty good food but the waiter forgot/got wrong everyones orders. So we did get some free food out of it!

8. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Sorry 'bout that guys... That was the first time in two years of going in there the service has been bad! The "sights" around there sure make up for it though. sure is good to live down town!

9. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

I guarantee my brother couldn't pick you two out of a lineup after watching all those birds...

10. T McG

T McG
    from Phoenix

Maybe there should be a north side dinner get together for us up here! I would keep the doors to the shop open for a pre dinner gathering, and possibly adult refreshments!

11. mechanickeith

mechanickeith

How far north?? Couple of good places to eat are "The Place" on Bell road just west of 51st ave & the restaurant at Deer Valley air port is pretty good also. Any suggeations?? Am open to just about anything. Find a good spot that has good food & little $$$ & I will be there!!

12. T McG

T McG
    from Phoenix

Well my shop is at Cave Creek & 101 so Deer Valley could work and also makes an interesting environment, but the last time I was there the food was less than exciting.
    But there are plenty of places to eat, you just have to convince Chip to drive that far!

13. 51st and bell car show in the south east parking lot friday nights. Just a hint/reminder

14. mechanickeith

mechanickeith

I could grab him by the throat & toss him in my trunk! That would work.

Dont know how late DV is open evenings, may not work. Find something & let us know.

15. T McG

T McG
    from Phoenix

I'll see what I can do.

16. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

No problem with me doin' the distance! Especially next month after the Plymouth is back up and running!

17. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Do "The Place" or DV Airport and you all would see me more often. I know, I know, calm down, sounds too good to be true.

18. mechanickeith

mechanickeith

Heck,,,Doesnt even have to be dinner. Maybe a cruise to Rock Springs for breakfast some sat or sunday morning??

19. My vote is for here.

20. Mike

Mike

Deer Valley Airport? I know a guy who works there, he's a bozo! ;)

If it happens there, I really have no excuse for not showing.

21. 29sportcoupe

29sportcoupe
    from arizona

I live around the 51 and 101 but Im not scared to drive a little when my shocks cooperate. Last sat night I took off in the rain to meet you guys down on central but when my shocks got wet my front end started bouncing around like a well used whore. Drove it twice this week with no problems but last night on my way to Rositas she started shaking again over 50 mph, time to tighten my shocks I guess. By the way I will be having breakfast at The Place in Flagstaff this weekend. 80 degrees here I come!

22. jonathan

jonathan
    from Phoenix,AZ

For a north Phoenix locale, check out Fuego Cantina on Greenway Pkwy east of 7th st. Same owners of Fuego Bistro if you're familiar. Good food at a fair price and enough room for a pack of hoodlums.

23. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

My heart be still!

You guys mean to tell me there is life outside of downtown?!

24. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

Same deal for me, after a 12 hour work day the last thing I want to do is drive south into the traffic again.

If you guys do something up north I would be in.

Tex

25. ETwagon

ETwagon
    from Arizona

I'm a central Phoenix guy.
    Just an FYI, Los Dos Molinos is opening the middle of August at 1044 E. Camelback.

26. Its open now!!!! just had lunch there.

27. Unfortunately, the wife wanted to head back to Apple Valley Thursday evening, so I was unable to attend. We visit every few months, so I'll be able to join up with you guys in the future. While I was there, Chip gave me a quickie tour of Steve's shop and Ron's house, and I can't wait to see more. In the past, whenever we went to Arizona, I was bored to death. Now, I have some places to go and car-guys to hang out with. Now I can get excited about visiting the in-laws.

The next time I'm there for Thursday Chow Night, I will personally go by Jimmy's house and pick him up, because in order to get to downtown, I have to go by his place anyway. I won't drop the "I fly-you buy" declaration until we get to Rositas.......

28. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I saw Los Dos was open the other night on Camelback! I wonder if the fetching Miss Cheryl is in charge over there...

29. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Los Dos...The same from South Phoenix? Suhweet!

30. Tinman

Tinman
    from Orange, CA

Mmmm... that IS some good 'mesican!

Speaking of north Phoenix... there's a breakfast cruise at the Bill Johnson's Big Apple on 19th Ave and Bell this Saturday, 6am-10am.

Then the swapmeet Sunday at GCC...