Register now to get rid of these ads!

Any one been Reunited with their first car after a while?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by roughneck424, Aug 2, 2012.

1. roughneck424

roughneck424

A friend just had his family suprise him with a gift of his 68 RS/SS he had when he was 17. ( 50 now ) So now he will be able to relive his misspent youth!
    I had a 55 way back and still drive one but not the exact one.

Any other Re united stories?

2. bb1970

bb1970

I've sold my first car a total of 4 times. It found it's way back three times. I think it's gone for good now.

3. jimbousman

jimbousman

Yeah, but I still own it. Bought it in 1963.

4. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

I dont want that POS back!

5. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I had a '73 leMans. Sold it and 5 or 6 years later, I saw it in a junk yard. No tears, but that car had a shit load of memories.

6. Mark68

Mark68

Yes, o/t car -i got it back 2-1/2 years later for 1/2 the price i sold it for but the guy had ruined almost everything i had done to it so it was like starting over again. i'll never do that again

7. twolane1956

twolane1956
    from Mass.

Not my first car, but I bought this car when I was 21(30 years ago) and found it a couple of years ago and bought it back. It was in pretty bad shape but I had to have it back.

Attached Files:

8. Not my first car but my first NEW car(a 1982 Mustang GT). Bought it in July of 1982 and drove it for 10 years.Sold it to a friend of mine(along with the vanity plate)and forgot about it.My son was 7 years old when I bought it and it was the first car I ever let him drive.
    He found it sitting in my friend's back yard last year and bought it from him for $200.It had a heated up 351 with a 5 speed and T-Bird rear axle in it that responded very well considering it had sat for many years.He is in the process of bringing it back to driving condition and will pass it on to his son(who is almost 4 and a total gearhead)when he gets tired of it.Oh yes it still has the vanity plates that were on it in 1982 and will be installed when it is finished.

Attached Files:

9. usmc50lx

usmc50lx
    from St.Louis

Yeah I think I ate Campbell's soup out of it a year ago..

10. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I'm reunited with my first car every time I go out to the shop.

my second was a 69 GTO I sold in 1982 or so for $900.00. saw it at a swap meet in 2007 or so for $12,000 needing total restoration. Ram Air III, 4 speed car.

the GTO is the only car I sold that I ever saw again.

11. roughneck424

roughneck424

I dont blame you! wanting that one back...

12. The37Kid

The37Kid

Not my first car, but I have the first body I found, a 1930 Roadster. Found it, had a guy hounded me about selling it, sold it and got it back from him 25 years later. NOTHING changed, it was the same as the day I sold it. I'm still working on it. Bob

Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
  13. Nope
    Pretty sure that I don't wannabe.

14. takid455

takid455

FIrst car went to fix another '65 Imperial. No ida of outcome. 2nd car (79 trans am) sold and am now restoring and modifying it for a customer in similar tone if I kept it.

15. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

No I pulled the hotrod engine and sent the rust free 58 Plymouth HT to the junk yard. I couldn't give it away in 1966?

[​IMG]
    I did find my first 34 P/U but it was tubbed with huge M/T tires and the bed was hinged and hydraulically controlled to act like a foreign mini truck that was the fad at that time. I did not want it back then. It took a while but I was able to replace it with a another one.

16. Rogueman

Rogueman

I wouldn't Know! My first was a 55 two door post. Only had it three weeks. I was 15 years old, didn't check any numbers. I've had about 15 55's since then. One of them could have been it.

17. J Twitero

J Twitero
    from Minnesota

My first "car" has probably been crushed by now. But the engine went into my second "car", which I basically still have. First was a '66 IH pickup I bounced off a ditch, second was a '67 IH shortbox that I sold to my step-dad when he needed a pickup for hauling his lumber/woodworking projects. I dont think he ever did transfer the title (has collector plates), and it was with the agreement that I get first shot if he wants to get rid of it.

18. corpsewheelie

corpsewheelie

had a 65 GTO i wouldnt mind coming back to me, man i miss that car :(

19. 2935ford

2935ford

Bought a '28 Ford Tudor tore it apart....sold it that way. A year later I bought it back mostly restored ,drove it awhile and then traded it for my '32 pickup.

20. droplord49

droplord49
    from Bryan, Tx

Yep! I bought me 51 Chevy when I was 12(worked all summer long shoveling horse shit for my dad for that $500!). I ended up trading it to my older brother for a 64 Biscayne right before my 16th birthday. He traded it to a friend a few years later and then it changed hands several times over the next 10 years. Fast forward to a few years ago, my buddy was working as a bar tender and was bullshitting with one of the patrons about old cars. Guy was telling him about the junked out 51 Chevy he had rotting out at his parents farm and my buddy realized it was my old car. They struck a deal on it, my buddy drug it home and called me to come get it! It's been a real slow journey to bring her back to life as a full kustom. Hopefully by next summer I'll be cruising her again!

Attached Files:

21. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

I had a lot of fun with my first one but I don't want it back.

22. Gromit

Gromit

Sold an OT 4x4 years ago, had an electrical gremlin I was too busy to sort out. A guy bought it.. fixed it.. I bought it back his past year, yeah.. wasn't the same. I sold it 3 months later

23. 327Eric

327Eric

My first car was a stock 53 Henry J. got it in 84, when i was 12. Still have it. Still trying to finish it. I have never even driven it.

24. deto

deto

Hahahaha

25. Bad Eye Bill

Bad Eye Bill
    from NB Canada

First car was a 62 Dart 2 dr post, was beat to shit when I got it, wasn't much left of it after I put 'er in the willy wags one night, went to the bone yard.

I'd love to have another one now.

26. After rolling my '54 Ford Joe Chitwood style in the middle of main street there wasn't much left for anyone to bring it back to life,,,HRP

27. The37Kid

The37Kid

Guess that predates the HAMB, so we can't ask for photos. Bob ;)

28. trollst

trollst

I sold my t bucket, my first I built it hot rod, owned it five years, sold it in a fit of temper after being pulled over for the 35th time, been trying to get it back since. So far no luck, I loved that car.

29. mikeey rat

mikeey rat
    from Australia

moved to a new town a few years ago and i was at the beach one morning and saw a nice falcon coupe in the car park .Checked it out noticed a few mods that I did when I restored it as my first car [debadged,trunk lock removed]Still looked as beautiful as the day I sold it because of no garage space.It had new plates with my initials on them .talked to the lady that owned it and found out it had been through a few owners before her always looked after ,did a bit of work on it for her.few years later she offered to sell it back to me for a decent price which was about 3 times what i sold it for I declined and it's gone now out of state .

30. vividlyvintage

vividlyvintage

Haha... or its now 10% of a hybrid or a nissan sentra

thanks,
    Douglas Johnson
    "Skrach"
    www.VividlyVintage.com