Register now to get rid of these ads!

Nsra nats 2012.whos going??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by B.A.KING, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Kentuckian

Kentuckian

The I-65 bridge work is all done. All roads leading into Louisville are open.

2. Great WaldoFord look forward to seeing ya...my cell is 859-552-3359 if I don't answer leave voice mail in case you need directions of were we are at.

3. I am trying to get my '55 Chevy Pickup, 2nd series, 3100 ready. Am modifying a SBC 302 (Z-28) by going to a Roller Cam and 3-2s vice the 30-30 cam & big 4 bbl. TH700R4 trans is ready, still have wiring (never done an entire vehicle before) and upholstery to do (farming this out).
    Trying to overcome a starting problem with my '63 T-bird so I have something to drive when I do the wiring and engine change. The problem has me VERY stumped.
    Have a very good running SBC 305 with 350 trans in the Pickup now and will be selling that package. If interested, now is the time as it still in and running. Son thinks I'm nuts for pulling the 305, but I had a Z years ago and loved that 302 and love a tri-power I had on a 348 Chevy. This is my 1st roller cam.
    Hope to see ya there. Murf

4. I'll have some Halibrand wheels and other stuff for sale in the swap meet.

Charlie

5. Jeff J

Jeff J

Yup, Don I pulled in At 5 ish washed the car again with Bob K. and headed up to Skyline Chili for some grub !

6. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

National Weather service FORECAST

Thursday ... 97 degrees
    Friday ... only 92 degrees with a 30 per cent chance of RAIN
    Saturday only 92 degrees with a 40 per cent chance of RAIN

Sunday ... only 87 degrees but 50 per cent chance of RAIN :mad:
    I wish all you HAMBers a SAFE and FUN trip.

7. Glad ya made it there safely
    Why'd ya wash it, it's just gonna get dirty goin home.:D

8. Jeff J

Jeff J

And we are sitting in the Hotel room in Louiseville and Bob K. says why the hell ya not here Randy :D!!

9. whid

whid

I m in for friday........whid

10. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

LEAVING........................... NOW see ya'll in the "v'ille".

11. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

Nope not going.

12. Just got confirmation that we have our same spot under the tree's....... in the shade!

13. We'll be down Saturday. We are staying at the Mariot downtown. What are some good places to eat and bars afterward? Any post party's or hangouts with hot rods in that area?

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ

14. Arrived today at 1pm....there is excitement in the air,ready to see old friends an make new.Staying at Courtyard by Marriott here at the fairgrounds make sure all you HAMBERS stop by grab a cold drink a dog or burger an say hi.

15. Ol'Sarge

Ol'Sarge

I will be there on Saturday. I will be cruzin in the shoe leather express!!!!!!!!
    Hope to meet some of y'all!!!!

16. oldtimer123

oldtimer123
    from Ohio

Yep, I will be there in my silver 80 Citation.....

17. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

got in yesterday. going to be 98 today. it's all good

18. Labold

Labold

I plan on being there all day Friday and hopefully Sat too. Just bought a '53 Bel Air so I need to stock up on parts.

19. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

thanks folks we'll do this again next year ,lord willin and the creeks don't rise!!

20. 32STUPRES

32STUPRES

Thanks guys for hosting the meet and greet...I was there Saturday and especially thank those that cooked the fabulous burgers and dogs....and I especially liked the "apple pie"!!:cool:

21. Hot Rod Bob

Hot Rod Bob
    from T-ville Ky

Glad to do it guys....Some of the Ky Boys chipped in for the food an drink. Hope you guys enjoyed an plan to come back next year. :D

22. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

and i missed it again!!!

23. This was weird ! ! ! ! Got my '55.2 3100 scrubbed up and was ready to leave for the 2012 NSRA show at Daytona Beach. Just as I finished I got bad attack of indigestion. I had not eaten by 1425 hours that day, so it seemed very odd. I have GERD so I thought maybe I'd missed my GERD meds, but it was not a burning pain, as GERD gives me, more of a heavy, dull pressure. No shooting or sharp pain. I tried two meds about an hour apart to clear it up. No luck! So I called a triage nurse. She went through he diagnosis Q&As and then told me to call 911. I thought - nah! Did that once and cost me $600.00 to find I had passed out from low blood pressure. So I packed my stuff and drove to the hospital to find out it was OK to go to Daytona. OOPS - missed that show - and - almost everything else. Got there right at the 3 hour mark and was sidelined for a arriving stroke victim. At 4 hours got to see the ER doc (she was cute). I got out of the ER several hours later, just to be admitted as an inpatient. Didn't get out of there until 6 days later. I needed heart surgery, but had to get a blood transfusion FIRST as tests showed I was anemic (they did not tell me ANY of this). On the 5th day the Cardio doc put a stent in an artery in my heart (VIA MY WRIST!!!) Finally, the 6 days I got to go home. My bright orange truck was still clean & still out in the parking lot, but the NSRA show was over 5 days ago. Moral of the story? If you get a persistent DULL heart pain, even though there is no left chest or left arm pain, particularly if you are a senior (I was 72, 6 ft & 170# and not a drinker or even a heavy coffee user) or have a family history of heart disease - GO SEE A DOCTOR IMMEDIATELY.
    I hope this is useful info for you guys who would like to keep working on your wonderful rides. I darn near lost my chance and my future 'cuz I was not aware what a Heart Attack COULD feel like. I thought it was a sharp pain and was on the left side. Mine was chest center. Call me Mr. LUCKY. Murf

Last edited: Jun 15, 2013