Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features VINTAGE SPRINT CAR PIC THREAD, 1965 and older only please.

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Joshua Shaw, Jan 17, 2008.

1. BZNEIL

BZNEIL

Looks great Roy!

2. RABs32

RABs32
    from new jersey

Can't wait to see it along with the other cars you guy's are bringing........Rich

3. easter

easter

4. racer76

racer76

Josh...mac....anybody? Do you guys know who has the #8 champ car wally raced in 1962

5. SteveE

SteveE
    from Ohio

Was that the Competition Engineering car?

6. Rootie Kazoootie

Rootie Kazoootie
    from Colorado

Yeah, it was Bobby Marvins ride most of 62. Started out as a Offy but grew a Chevy in it about halfway through the season. No idea what became of it but I think it went through several other owners through the years, not sure.

Attached Files:

7. Joshua Shaw

Joshua Shaw

Motor sport -- and indeed the world of transportation and engineering -- has lost a true pioneer and a crusader. William F. Milliken, Bill Milliken, after whom the famed "Milliken's Corner" on the old race circuit at Watkins Glen, NY is named, passed away peacefully on July 28. He was 101!!! I can't even Imagine the amount of racing this guy saw, DID, and was a part of. He was a DRIVER till the end. GOD SPEED.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
  8. trentesept

trentesept
    from Australia

Millican, what a legend !!
    No engineer,race engineer ,or crew chief should be without a copy of his "Equations of Motion"
    This guy did it all: built bikes ,planes,race cars,had input into the B-29s in WW2,raced his Bugatti endlessly then posed questions on its design to his engineering students,raced Pikes Peak,did a lot of work on the FWD Miller and who could forget the"Butterball" and the "Camber Car".
    More research,innovation and technology left the fertile mind and skilled hands of Bill Milliken than any ten of us mere mortals.
    I have only scratched the surface of his achievements!!
    The book: "Equations of Motion" an engineering autobiography by William F.Milliken, Foreword by Dan Gurney,
    Bentley Publishers.com
    ISBN 0-8376-1348-5
    Josh , thanks for honouring such a great pioneer
    Cheers Greg

9. racer5c

racer5c

Hey Josh did you lose your phone?

10. hogrider208

hogrider208
    from idaho

doing a little repair on this one in my shop

Attached Files:

11. Sprinter 2

Sprinter 2
    from Ct.

Boston Louie Seymour bought the car from Wally and his family still owns it.

12. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

I think they call it "Big Wally".

13. Jim Nise

Jim Nise

Sprinter2, I thought the car was campainged as the Ina Mae McDermott #66 and then 44, in 1963 and 1964. Is that Louie Seymore? Or am i thinking of the wrong Meskowski car> Which could be.

14. carl s

carl s
    from Indio, CA

Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
  15. racer76

racer76

Anybody know how to get ahold of boston louie?

16. racer76

racer76

btw josh...how many cars are you taking to winchester in august

17. Joshua Shaw

Joshua Shaw

Great picture! (That's NOT me in it at that time, but No BIGGIE!!)

Thanks! Love it!

J Shaw

18. Joshua Shaw

Joshua Shaw

Sorry to report... NONE. We will be in Pennsilvania for the 3 day Old timers weekend there. :cool:

I hate that both events fall on the same weekend.

3 days of HARD, un restricted laps on 3 different Historic Penn. Dirt tracks Trump Winchester for us..

LOVE the Winchester event though.. Hopefully will be able to attent both again someday.

J Shaw

19. Joshua Shaw

Joshua Shaw

Nah.. I just don't like ya. :D:D:D

20. carl s

carl s
    from Indio, CA

You may be able to reach his son Bobby -
    [email protected]
    they are planning for the Annual Boston Louie Seymour Memorial at Seekonk Sep 29th

21. racer76

racer76

22. carl s

carl s
    from Indio, CA

WRA Sanctioned 'Open' Vintage Celebration - Sep 29th, 2012 Play Day, All Day Willow Springs Paved Oval

President Bob Mastroleo and the WRA Board have arranged for exclusive use of the Willow Springs Paved Oval from dawn to dusk on Saturday the 29th of Sep., 2012.

This event will be open to all vintage open wheel cars, caged and uncaged with the exception of there being no down tube cars.
    Also, cars will be grouped according to speed and configuration and each group will have seperate track times throughout the day.

All laps will be non-competitive laps, we are planning this to be a 'Celebration of Vintage Cars' and not a contest.

I'm particularly pleased with the prospect of older and slower cars such as my 1927 Miller Indycar Replica, Bill Barringer's 1938 Indycar and other slower, non roll bared racecars being able to run together in our own group. Many of these older cars have been sitting since the speed differential is so great in current vintage events.

Really look forward to another opportunity to celebrate our open wheel heritage.

See the flyer below for details.
    All questions should be directed to WRA President Bob Mastroleo 626 358 2284 [email protected]

Best Regards
    Carl Schulz
    Indio, CA

[​IMG]

23. TommyA19

TommyA19

Hey fellow "old timers" - before ya know it, this will be here:

Hinchliffe Stadium Racing Expo

We are still looking for participants for this years show. We have an ample amount of space to accommodate anyone that would like to be a part in the show. If you would like to take part in the show, display a car, or exhibit please contact Ronny Dennis (718)344-0502. It is FREE to enter the show
    This years show will take place on Sunday September 2, 2012 of Labor Day weekend
    Gates open to participants at 10 am
    Show starts at 12 noon and runs all day
    Admission is FREE
    Hinchliffe Stadium is located in Paterson, N.J., on the corner of Liberty St. and Maple St. next to the Great Falls.
    Come out and show your support for the Stadium. While your there you can check out the Great Falls Festival. There is something for everyone. See you at the SHOW!

24. racerbillyc

racerbillyc

Date for Hinchcliffe show has been changed. Contact Ron for new date and details sometime in October. Get your cars out to support this piece of racing history.

25. carl s

carl s
    from Indio, CA

Ronny Dennis (718)344-0502

I think this event needs a lot more support from us. Last year's last minute CX due to Hurricane hasn't helped.

26. ....been chipping away,and got a lot done over the last few weeks...template made for exhaust.....Rose joints and stainless tube bought,and steering arm came back so the steering is finished.Gear box crossmember made and fitted,and a problem with the oil filter has been resolved.Hood is nearly done just needs some more work to get a good fit....

Attached Files:

27. ......here is the gear box mount...the motor needs to move a little forward (shifted when cross member put in) ...I needed some 'tall' engine mounts...these are off a Cosworth,but they need cups to stop deflection????..I can now mount the motor....dont know which way they mount,but look cool....

Attached Files:

28. Sprinter 2

Sprinter 2
    from Ct.

Jim I believe that is a different car you are referring to.

29. carl s

carl s
    from Indio, CA

Very impressive compadre!
    I bet you're looking for the 10 to go sign from the flag man.

30. carl s......thank you.....if I only knew what that meant I am sure I'd be up for it ??? :)