Register now to get rid of these ads!

1952 Ford F1 daily build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by THR1LL3R, Jul 26, 2012.

1. So I took time off from my sectioned shoebox to build me a nice little daily pick up....

Plans include..

302/C4 ......flip front and back axles ...... brakes...wheels and tires

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
  2. Looking for wheel ideas,I really like the stock look but I also like the big little looks too...I'm also wanting to keep the drums with the 5x5.5's

heres some 16's with 600's

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  3. not a patch panel in sight

[​IMG]

pulling it apart...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. working on the rear

had to make some pieces...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

how the rear sits
    gonna maybe throw some bag over leafs to help with heavier loads.

[​IMG]

5. Man that's solid!

6. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Cool. Leave those wheels. They're just right.

7. weez

weez

Looks great, been wanting one for years for a daily... neat color too-

8. 2dr_sedan

2dr_sedan

Subscribed!
    Man that truck looks like a solid start to a killer project.

9. jack orchard

jack orchard

What a great rust-free find. keep us posted.

10. 30modelacoupe

30modelacoupe

Subscribed!! Very Nice Truck. I really like the job you've done on the rearend. I've been wanting to see if flipping the front axle is going to work.

11. Great F1 Hope you keep the patina...what rear end are you using? Nice job on the "C" notch. Are you using the stock rear springs? Taking out leaves? Curious as I have to do this next month on my 51. thanks

12. I'm using the stock rear and I took 5 leaves out leaving the top two and removing one every other one. It's kinda bouncy and I might add a leave to tighten it back up. I also moved the rear perch up a hole. I'll post a pic of that later. Plan on keeping the paint and yes it is a nice truck to start with especially coming from the Midwest. Most the rot is on the lower parts of the fenders where the running boards meet.

13. heres the rear perch stepped up a hole,not totally sure if Im gonna run it this way and I will figure it out as the front it finished and Ill address it then

[​IMG]

Heres my runing $100 van motor,slap black paint a mustang pan and headers and call it good

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
  14. baby loves chrome

baby loves chrome

I like it!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Heres the front notch,trying to use up some of this 1/4 scrap steel I have lying around. Youll notice the notch looks crooked...I wanted to give the front where the axle is a lil more room and decided to tapper it a bit..sounded like a good idea but kinda weird looking at it now its done

[​IMG]

insides with novice welds lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. shoebox50

shoebox50

Looking Great!

17. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

18. 49F1Jeff

49F1Jeff
    from Oregon

I'm having a hard time seeing how you will flip the front axle. :confused:
    The suspense is killing me. :D

19. here we go.....(sorry about the shitty cell pics)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. jfrolka

jfrolka

Love these year f1's are you doin it up nice.... heres a shot of an earlier f1 with big n littles

Attached Files:

21. I wonder what the sizes are?

22. DYNODANNY

DYNODANNY

Good job! looks like a fun project.

23. Moedog07

Moedog07

24. Magnum Wheel Man

Magnum Wheel Man

If it was easy, everyone would do it... I couldn't really tell since I'm not familiar with the Ford front end... is that a shock mount thats not clearancing ??? you'll have to move them back to the back side of the axle ???

I wanted to subscribe, since I'll be doing alot of the same work on my Studebaker...

25. rusty76

rusty76
    from Midway NC

26. loosrp

loosrp

Nice and simple.... Like it alot!

27. boutlaw

boutlaw

Glad you're posting your methods and progress as I'm also building a 52 F1. You've answered all my questions regarding how these modifications affect ride height. Definitely subscribed. Killer F1.

BOutlaw

28. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

For that rear end spring hanger, I've seen it doe like that, except with a piece of angle iron welded on top of the chassis rail to locate the top bolt holes. This then makes leverage on the chassis rail, but a gussett inside the rail joining the top to the bottom will fix that.

Front end may have been easier with a Sids drop axle and removing a few leaves, with your C-notches making the most of the possibilities??

I don't know much about welding, but aren't you supposed to clean off any hint of rust to best allow penetration??

This will be a very cool rig, and your work looks a lot better than some 'pro shops' have done in threads like "Blake84"s:eek:

A great ol truck! Congrats!!!!

MIJ

29. Yes the shock were in the way, but mainly the axle with the studs will hit the bottom of the frame. I'm gonna try to locate them in the same area with shorter shocks and a modified mount.

Didn't really wanna spend a lot on this project like on an axle, still would have to heat and modify the steering arms. Spending that kind of money I'd just clip it at that point. As far as thr rust goes it was cleaned very well. My cell takes terrible pics and I also had halogen lights behind me so I guess why that looks so orange.

30. fordf1trucknut

fordf1trucknut

I wish my truck started out that solid!!!!