Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Best Damned Pictures of Amocat Open house 2012

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The Rabid Whippet, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Rob - thanks, it's been a long time coming. I plan to do an update thread on of these days when I get the interior a little more together. I haven't updated my build threads since getting the car in paint.
    Good to see you and catch up!

2. That's on Jerry Chin's chopped 34 sedan... He's the short guy in the cap in the 3rd and 4th photos on this thread. The greyhound skeleton radiator cap is on his car too.

3. I sold Jerry my old Hamond Organ thats in his place now. I gave it away!!

4. Molin61

Molin61
    from Karlshamn

Amazing wonna be there, great pictures!!!!

5. jnichols

jnichols

Thanks for the pictures. Unfortunately I could not make it this year ,I was at a backyard wedding all afternoon three blocks away on the other side of meridian. I could hear the dragster fire off just as the newlyweds were doing their first dance thing and seriously considered sneaking out but the wife gave me the evil eye. Will be back next year.

6. NOAH324

NOAH324

Great shots Steve! Good to meet you and shoot the breeze about '36s...I'll have to hit you up about Dave's Picnic.
    Cheers,
    Noah

7. SOLO

SOLO

Nice pics! Stop by around 2:30, check out a few cars. Need to come later for this in the future. Great turn out it looks like.

8. Pete

Pete

DAMN!!!!

Some nice ladies,,,,,and cars!

9. Yeah it was good talking with you and Nate. It seems I'm seeing more and more 36 5 windows come out of the wood work. You have to drive yours up to Daves!! Its on August 11th.

10. What a treat! Your photos made my day.....

11. brady1929

brady1929

great pics, thanks

12. gecko54

gecko54
    from Sumner, WA

I got caught up in the fairgrounds playing "host" to some folks. Sorry I missed it...see you at Dave's.

13. I had a great time taking these pictures and meeting some fellow Hambers and meeting new friends. Even the cops were cool. A guy did this smoky burn out and a cop was about 40 ft behind him which he didn't realise. I smiled at the cop and said Ooops and he said, Im not running to catch him. I said Excuse me officer, would you mind checking this thing out on my car to distract him LOL!!!. He just smiled and slowly walked towards the car that was now moving away from him. No harm , no fowl. They all seemed really cool. Even the young cop in my picture was grinning ear to ear talking to that blond Babe for like 40 minutes just grinning ear to ear the whole time. I bet he will remember this night and can't wait till the next Amocat Open house.

14. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

Hey Rabid Whippet, you wouldnt have been one of the hooligans on bikes would ya?

15. Nope, I have a Bike but I drove the 1936 Black 5 window coupe with the black tires bigs and littles. It's in the pictures a few times. I'm having a great time with it. Its been apart in garages for over 50 years and 13 months later I finally was the one that got it back on the road. over 1000 miles in 3 weeks!!! Only driven on the weekends. Now I have to get back working on the Whippet!!! I had a Hamb shirt on and was the one with no Tats. I probably stood out!! LOL!

16. Dynaflash, did you drive a Trans Am there? I see your Avatar is one.

17. Nope but HeyitsNate built the white one. That bike was killer!!

18. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

Man i am no where near cool enough to drive a trans-am. Im workin on it. I had the stock model a with the 28 second dial in time on the window. :D

19. That was so bad ass seeing the 28 second time on that window. It was getting dark when I took that picture. But you rated two pictures even if they didn't turn out very good!!!

20. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

yea, i dialed in at 28.070, same as my licence plate hahaha
    Made it 2 rounds then broke out :)

21. Man, I could almost go to the end of the track, back again and make it to the end of the track again in that time LOL!!! I'm in the 11s. With my Pontiac, not the 1936. That 28 seconds is too cool!!!LOL!!

22. HellsHotRods

HellsHotRods

Awesome pics!!! the Amocat open house is one of the best little shows on the west coast.

23. Nice pics ......thanx

24. sierra rod shop

sierra rod shop

25. sololobo

sololobo

O.M.G., what a super event, the custom maroon Hudson is just so fine. Looks like a really special gathering. Some way out memorabilla at the shop, Killer deal, thanx for sharing. That Red Lion special roadster is superb. ~sololobo~

26. djust

djust
    from Oklahoma

Great pictures thanks.

27. Hey Johnny, we never met up again. What , 5 years and about 10 shows later? I seem to meet Laurie Pederson at every event but you are like a ghost!! LOL!! Your car looked Awesome!!!

28. ian_seven

ian_seven

29. Hellmutts billyd

Hellmutts billyd
    from T-town

The "Porcelain Doll" as I call it is heyitsnate's, the "Jaded Mistress" is mine, the maroon preunit is our friend Rich's, and the green preunit is his father-in-laws.