Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects my 34 Ford Tudor project...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 345winder, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Jen......

Jen......

looks nice with a 4 inch chop , anymore i think it would look to long

Jen

2. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

..yayyy! it's starting to look like a HOT ROD to me !!

finished up the drivers side A pillar and door frame today,,,then cut down the windshield frame to see what it looks like in the hole,,,

not quite done with the chop,,still need some minimal welding on the inside,weld the section across the cowl, grind & dress the welds around the back section...and all the garnishes and obviously glass, but the glass and garnishes will probably wait till later...other than the later stated, i hope to finish up tommorow!

thanks for all the positive comments fellas!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. BIG-JIM

BIG-JIM
    from CT

4. bonesy

bonesy

Awesome! This will be a great second act to your coupe.

5. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

ok,,, i'm pretty sure this ISN'T stock!!! the front end is stiff as hell,, a total of 14 leaf springs,,,(and some were squared off at the end and some tappered,which i am assuming the stock ones are tappered,,,the car was a bone stocker never hotrodded,so why would they add so many???)..edit.. also ,while not to noticable in the previous pics, i realized why it sat higher on the passanger side...some of the 'added' leafs were different lenghts...

anyways i removed 6 of them.....i will lower the rear a lil bit too..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Mopar Jack

Mopar Jack

7. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Fucking badass...I envy you?

8. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

thanks!! but no way!! it's the other way around!!!! :D

9. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

GREAT chop! Looking awesome!

10. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

Chop turned out awesome, even front and rear? Looks to have a nice subtle pinch at the front.

11. Sam, some old dude is pissed you chopped up his old sedan like that. NO RESPECT, them rod hot types have for Henry's classics:rolleyes:

Nice chop, keep it up.

12. slobroy

slobroy

Dude, thats sweet.

13. onekoolkat1950

onekoolkat1950

14. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

one of the things i really take pride in is chopping a top...with that said,,i DO plan what im doing, but when it comes to the windshield on a hot rod or the back window on a custom, i just keep playing with it till it looks good to my eye...it was pulled down up front some(with the help of tie down straps but i have no idea how much as i just kept triming)

thanks! your coupe is so beauiful,,every time i see it it reminds me of my old coupe,but on crack!!( a good thing!)

thanks Jason!!,,but this was the parts car to the dude i got it from,,he had a way nicer 34 tudor for twice the price ,,,all original,,,,i didnt have the cash,,but mighta been able to come up with it,,but couldnt see myself cutting that one up....still for sale pretty sure!

15. Kirk Hanning

Kirk Hanning

Man, LOVE the chop it's spot on!

I sure wish I woulda went the next inch but stopped at 3" 20/20 hind sight rears its head once again........

Attached Files:

16. ronzmtrwrx

ronzmtrwrx

It's lookin good, man!

17. hasty

hasty

Looks fantastic, but hard to understand why you got rid of that beautiful coupe!

18. Besty34

Besty34

Take another 1" out - You know it makes sense

19. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

Real nice man, killer!!

20. enfieldjoe

enfieldjoe
    from Eustis, FL

Nice looking chop, like the proportions!

21. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Oh My! That is a sweet looking model 40 with 4 inches missing.

22. poop

poop

Dig the stance..... nice

23. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

not a big update,but managed to lower the rear a lil bit but reworking(removing a few) rear leaf springs,,,might not be able to tell in the pics,,,the front should come down a lil more (only a short block and trans bolted in right now),,if not i will rework the front spring a lil as i still have clearance,,,,btw,, i am NOT going for that low look,,, i have a fond apreciation for the late 40's early 50's hot rods that still had that "high" look to them with a tire rake...

[​IMG]

24. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Looking good! I like the stance right where it is!!!

I have been pondering how my '33 is going to sit once I dig into it. I have been contemplating flattening the front and rear crossmember since I'm not dropping the axle. However, like you I don't want it too low. Originally I wanted almost stock height but after seeing them a little lower I have decided that it should come down a couple inches.

I wish I had a nice hood like yours. I need to find one since mine needs some work since it's wavy.

25. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

thanks JJ! .. :D

i though the same thing (flattening the crossmembers),,but didnt want to deal with the radiator outlet clearnce,,and i knew in the rear it would defintley get me lower,,,but the stock rear spring would prob be to stiff,,,so i decided to do it this way...
    "just like the 40's bro"

Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
  26. slobroy

slobroy

27. junkyard junky

junkyard junky

Looking good! when can I go for a ride?:D

28. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

you know your welcome for a ride anytime!!!!....once its roadworthy, which will probably be in the dead of winter,.haha

ok,, progress has come to somewhat of an idle...

two weeks ago i decided to freshen up the front end,,replace the sloppy shackles. split the bones and convert to 40 ford juice brakes...into the tear down i hit a snafu,,,one of the spring perch nuts was really rusty and rounded off, i figured i'd do the right thing and replace the nut,, but noo, i screwed up the threads on the perch bolt,,tried to find one and located one..but then come to find out the other one was really 'wallered' in the bushing part ass well...,,so what the heck do i do since i wanna run the stock early ford lever shocks...i thought and thought and couldnt come up why a reason this wouldnt work,, (if someone sees a reason why this wont work, please explain)
    i decided to take a pair of speedway forged spring perchs and cut the bracketry off my old ones,,, here's a lil mini tech,, again please tell me if there is a reason this wont work as i trust my welding more than i trust speedway parts. haha

here i cut the tops off the original perchs..

[​IMG]

my homemade jig, :D

[​IMG]

all welded up and dressed..

[​IMG]

since i am waiting on parts to put the front end back together,,i really hadnt made any of that kind of progress that shows a difference... so i decided to mount the headlights today..

[​IMG]

29. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

30. n847

n847

Looks Bad Ass!