Register now to get rid of these ads!

Famous last words: “I’m fixin to restificate yonder car up sum daye”...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Buzznut, Jul 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buzznut

Buzznut

I don’t know, maybe it’s just me, but I’m growing tired of hearing this. I’ve seen cars sit and rot and sink deeper into the landscape year after year while some yahoo unworthy of even owning said vehicle allows it to disintegrate into nothing claiming he will fix the damned car up some day. I’ve driven by a ’32 coupe sit in the same yard out in the elements for 22 years…it was in near driveable condition the first time I asked 20 years ago, in fixable condition about 15 years ago, in restorable condition when I asked 7 years ago, and is now so rusty and fill of holes it’s barely worth a cowl and maybe a couple doors. I’ve watched an AAR Cuda fade and rust over the last 17 years…asked 3 or 4 times. Have seen a ’59 Impala end up crushed at the local dismantler from the time I asked nearly 15 years ago. Kept asking about the same ‘40 Ford over the last 30 years only to see it scrapped for parts and hauled off to the crusher.

All these men had one thing in common: I’ll restore it one day”. Well, it’s your heap of metal, so by all means let it rot away, but don’t expect me to have nothing to say about it. Some of these cars have race histories, war stories, pedigrees, provenance, and these idiots let that all die because of their hoarding mentality….it makes me ill. The latest one is an off topic car; a 1969 Satellite turned into a RR Clone. I’ve been asking about this car for 8 years now and it has sat in the same exact spot for 10 years from what I’ve been told. Guy bought it for 3K, was asking 7K…and is still asking 7K for a car that needs EVERYTHING gone through. He says that unless he get the 7K he will happily watch it rot in the driveway.

Does this torque anyone else?

2. It's their car,,a local guy has/had a damn near perfect running 1932 3 window for probably 25 years,,it has gone down hill sitting on a dirt floor shed.

They enjoy talking about it and usually don't need the money,,Deuce Roadster offered ham a sizable chunk of change several years ago,,he turned it down. HRP

3. Not so much. It's theirs to do with as they please. Did you offer what any of these were worth?

4. DrJ

DrJ

I got three of them, you wanna make a serious offer?

maybe five or six?

5. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

Here we go again! Who's turn is it to make the popcorn?

6. Muttley

Muttley

Yes..................I'd say there's something wrong with you if you dont feel the same about seeing something you love rot weather you own it or not.

7. Chevy55

Chevy55
    from Nebraska

Most of the time the stuff sitting out in plain sight from my experience is not for sale and everybody in the world has asked about it. That is why it is still there. I guess you can keep trying to buy these cars or shop for cars that are actually for sale. Plenty of cars out there for sale. My 2cents.

8. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Look up "Whirley Pop".
    Get pissed make threats. Tell em it isnt worth that and you'll give em 20 bucks.
    I have 12 cars, someday I'll resurect em. If I live to 100.
    I do like the "restificate" though.
    I am coming to terms with the fact I may not be able to get em all going.

9. SquireDon

SquireDon
    from Oregon

You should start a state commission to confiscate cars and give them to responsible Owners!! /

It's still legal to destroy your own property. As much as I hate so see it deteriorate.

10. I feel the same way when an old farmer has a cute daughter. Shes sitting there doing nothing, you should let me have her :D

11. 39 Ford

39 Ford

I can not worry about what others do with THIER cars, to busy trying to my car done and make it to the end of my life. I gave up caring about things outside my control.

12. b-body-bob

b-body-bob

Pay the man $7k if it bothers you that much.

OK, so it's a big deal but not *that* big of a deal huh?

13. 49F1Jeff

49F1Jeff
    from Oregon

Look on the bright side. Those that rot away make the good ones more valuable. :)

Well, that's good if you already own one anyway. :(

14. Boys and girls, it is purely up to the OWNER as to whether he wants to sell or not. Sometimes, that car/truck is destined to rot into the ground where it sits. It's HIS business, NOT yours. Life sucks, find another project that someone actually wants to sell. If it truly bothers you that much, go up to the guy with CASH and make him a reasonable offer. Don't piss him off with a ridiculously low offer, or insult the guy about the status of HIS car. If you haven't the cash to back up your concerns, then you are just whining about how "unfair" life is.

Yeah, it sucks to see something sitting for years and decades, going to rot while you have visions of 600hp Hemi power or a cool flattie Ford between those frame rails. It ain't yours, and will never be. Move on to another pursuit. Leave the dude alone.

I knew where three Mopar winged cars sat for over 25 years. Guy knew exactly what he had, and turned down countless cash offers for one or all three. He died several years ago. His sons inherited them, moved them to another location, and have done nothing with them. So, since 1980, these three cars have sat to rot. Nothing a soul can do about it. Life is like that sometimes.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  15. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

It would be cool to see a "time lapse" photography of an old car rotting into the ground

16. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

two things come to mind...............

One:..considering what some people do with these cars when they DO get them, they are no worse off rusting into the ground

Two:..In 100 years nobody will care about any of this........

Ray

17. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

if I had some property and some more money there would be a shitload of old relics rotting away there. if some day things changed and this actually did happen and some pencil dick knocks on my door bothering me I'll be sure and tell him to go fuck himself and stay away from my cars unless he want's to get shot.

evidentally telling someone you want to fix them some day causes extreme panty bunching.

18. belair

belair

You can't fix or legislate stupidity out of existence. Just turn your head as you drive by.

19. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

We all got our reasons.

And get off the lawn, dammit.

20. Rusty Junk Ranch

Rusty Junk Ranch

What are you doin snoopin around my property ???

21. rampant150

rampant150

"Hey guys, don't you hate _________?" "Me too!"

The formula for a successful One-star thread.

22. Deuces

Deuces

I could do up some hotdogs... :D

23. Deuces

Deuces

Hahahahaha... :D:D

24. Deuces

Deuces

Pencil dick????.... Hahahahaha... :D

25. Deuces

Deuces

Think I'll go watch some "reality free" tv... :rolleyes:

26. EnglishBob

EnglishBob

Threads like this happen more often than reality shows and just as uninteresting.
    Buy some land,buy all the vehicles you can,save them all...problem solved.

27. H.G. Wells

H.G. Wells

It is certainly an agrivation. Get over it.

I once sold a nice home in OKC. A block off the golf course, nice neighborhood and the new owner asked me about changing the roof and would it be ok with me. Told him it was his house and he could burn the damn thing to the ground for all I cared.

Same thing with old cars.

28. JunkYardFrog

JunkYardFrog
    from CA

yes!!!!!

29. 2935ford

2935ford

A fellow in Iowa has a pile of cool old iron.....T buckets, '32 chopped sedan, '34 sedan stock on and on. He has a couple of unprotected lots and every few months a car goes missing. He would cry but do nothing about it. He collects old stuff from everywhere but wouldn't sell/trade any of it.
    He will die and it will all get taken to the crusher as family doesn't want it.
    No understanding these folks.....just short of a full deck!

30. Bart78

Bart78

Get in good with their kids. When they die maybe you will get first shot at it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.