Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2012 MELTDOWN DRAGS * Vintage Drag Meet * July 21-22

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Von Hartmann, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Von Hartmann

Von Hartmann

Awesome! Thanks Saxxon

BTW... II Funny, I'm impressed. I don't think I've ever seen that happen to a TH400.

2. I broke the tail stock off a T400,,blamed it on the back mount seperating.

Rick
    =================================================

3. Bean Dip

Bean Dip
    BANNED

Thanks Saxxon!!! I deeply enjoyed part 19!;)

4. Cool Saxxon, Thanks for posting all of those. Did anyone film my pass against Eric in the gold 55 when I ran a 10.84@ 128?

5. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

wingnutz.

It has moroso solid side mounts and a rubber trans mount and the factory transmission crossmember .

hrbhrb.

it didn't make it two feet, I have a video I need to post of how quick it happened.

6. I guess im not the only one to break a power lok differential at the meltdown this year. At least mine waited till my third pass to quit.

Attached Files:

7. hrbhrb

hrbhrb
    from Polo,IL

Yeah, that looks familiar. I've got my street gear back in and I am ready to cruise. Here I am trying for high E.T. of the meet. Har!:D Two of the pushers are members of my highly paid pit crew. The other two I would like to especially thank for jumping in and helping to push me nearly the full 1/4 mile back to my pit.

Attached Files:

8. Let me know if you need help getting this back together. I know the 8-3/4 and its power-lok very well...

9. Saxxon

Saxxon

My pleasure... I really loved watching you and the Blew by You machine make passes and match race... Your hot rod is flat out nasty. Loved the fact you cruised it to Sam's.

Cheers

Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
  10. Yeah, I too am a victim of Byron's sticky track.:D

Ran my best ever 60' time Sunday afternoon and thought I'd try a harder launch on the next pass... Spun the tires outta the hole, kept my foot in it, shifted it into second, and then about 1/3 of the way through second gear I feel this BANG and the engine freewheels... Pull off the groove right away and coast over to the wall. No oildown, driveshaft is still intact, but no forward drive at all. Got a nice tow back to the pits (thanks for the help Paul). Boy am I am glad I put a rev limiter on that thing...

II Funny: No more 727 wisecracks from me - I now officially have my foot in my mouth.

So not to be outdone by wrecking just one transmission, I burned up both the direct and OD clutches in the 47RH of my tow vehicle hauling the first car back home Sunday night. Yep, that truck got a tow back as well. The trans oil is as black as the oil in the Cummins engine... I have it apart on the bench right now:
    [​IMG]

Already thinking 2013 Meltdown Drags...;)

11. GM Killer bites the dust (Ron Leek, 2012 Meltdown Drags)

12. Hambgrenade

Hambgrenade
    from Byron Ill

Sorry to see that AJ. It was good to see you bring out the good stuff though. Von Hartman and I really like the R/T. Now, next year we want to see that Mopar coupe with the Hemi so we can put it on it's ass with the Freakin A. You got an entire year to get it ready.

13. ha ha ha LOL

14. No big deal, thats the way racing goes - sometimes you drive em back onto the trailer and sometimes you hafta winch em on...

Regarding the Freakin A... well I don't need to build a hemi to be able to see that thing in my rear view mirror... ;)

15. Bean Dip

Bean Dip
    BANNED

Hahaha! I will do anything for a cheeseburger!
    Your Scout had me on the edge of my seat everytime it came to the line. Killer stuff! Hate that you had breakage but damn what a show!

16. Hambgrenade

Hambgrenade
    from Byron Ill

I have had my share of wenchin with the Hand Grenade this year. Good thing I finally bought a trailer. As for the Freakin A, you are going to get a really good look at those Bobbed fenders on the track.

17. Martys 55

Martys 55

its amazing i went to byron on 7/28/2012 i relocated my shocks and put on my drag radials still couldnt hook the car .so i took my buddy out tonite after i closed up my shop dumped the clutch on a nice cement side street and broke the jerico trans gear lube on the ground he ha, more $ i will pull apart tomorrow nite marty

18. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

Make sure to tighten up the rear wheels good on the frickin A so you dont bend anymore wheels studs.....or AJ wont have to race you at all when those rims come off....Come on now...lets not let ther Mopar guy win without a fight.

19. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

AJ....bring th3 30 Dodge over....I have the time and plenty of space....but were not bobbing any fenders no bobbing for apples either....

I already have the Hemi here....

20. Von Hartmann

Von Hartmann

Sounds like the hand grenade 3 weeks before the Meltdown. Marty, thank you for coming and running at the Meltdown. Your car is REALLY exciting to watch go down the track.

21. Von Hartmann

Von Hartmann

Thanks for the reminder, I will tighten those wheels up right away. That way we will be able to give AJ a tow when his trans lets go.

AJ, you should take Eric up on that offer. It would be cool to see your 30 Dodge run... or see your 30 Dodge at ALL. For anybody who is confused, AJ actually has cars other than 67 Coronets. According to the myths, he has a FED and a 30 Dodge coupe that are suppose to show us non-mopar guys who the boss is.

22. Wow there is sure alot of smack talkin' here. Let me know when any of you are runnin' 10's so I can play too!
    I heard from Rich that he wants to run me in the Frickin A, So do we each get 4 guys to push each car to make a fair race or can I just start mine and drive it?

23. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

Ryan....keep clear of those 727's....flying shrapnel and all....and if there are any parts still on the track from the Gm Kyler....mail to me for a souvenir.....

24. With all this trash talking I would figure the meltdown is this weekend! Is there some super secret match race coming up im not aware of?

25. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

Oh, there is some war going to be waged. Hartman and Son's versus the Zettle Bros. Speed Shop. If all goes as planned the GTO might be looking a little different in the future. Also the Falcon will be awakened!!!!!!!

26. Von Hartmann

Von Hartmann

If that's the case... Hartman and Son's have some building to do.

27. lol... was thinking the same thing

28. Red71

Red71
    from Illi-noise

well you guys could take it Rt66 August 18th. There some kind of nostalgic race that day. Or what about the Run What YA Brung at
    Cordova?
    Don't make me get the big bad Olds out and stomp all of ya....
    right after I hit the lotto of course.

29. Hambgrenade

Hambgrenade
    from Byron Ill

Well there is the mater of some unfinished repairs and some unfinished cars. If a little trash talking is what it takes to get people motivated then I guess it will be worth it. I think Frenchy and the Freakin A might be an interesting match up. There's only one way to find out. If you aint movin forward your probably backin up.

30. voxnut

voxnut
    from sacramento

I think it's cool that the doorslammers were held to period specs, but I was curious as to why the dragsters got a free pass to not have to be period looking? It would be cool if the diggers were also at least running period wheels...