Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs HAMB Merc Club! who's in?????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bad Bob, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Uh....i'm guessing you have a '52? haha...How about some pic's?

2. You're #466. Still waiting for some pic's....

3. Hey Bob, speaking of boobs.:rolleyes:
    Any more pin-ups around your Merc lately.:D

4. Actually,i'm doing another calendar for a friend who lost his wife to cancer. Should be some great pic's.....But I think he gonna use my pickup at Old Crow Speed Shop.

5. 40mercFlathead

40mercFlathead

Count me in. 40 merc coupe

6. No pic's???? You're #467.....post up buddy!!!

7. 55chrysler

55chrysler
    from kelso wa

I don't know where this guy found all the pictures of my car on the internet but thanks for posting them. As far as not seeing another one I was at Roseburg Oregon cruise a few weeks back and ran across a bone stock 85K original mile car. Other than that I never see them. It is kinda fun to show up at an event and be the only one like it there.

8. 40mercFlathead

40mercFlathead

Sorry. Here are the pics of my 40 Merc in progress. Starting body work for fresh paint.
    Shawn
    Missoula, MT

Attached Files:

9. Tomkat39

Tomkat39

40merc .Are you going to chop it? Good lookin coupe.

10. 40mercFlathead

40mercFlathead

Thanks Tomkat
    I would love to chop it but it was my dads car in high school so I'm restoring to how he had it, only the flathead has all the speed parts now.

11. There was one at VIVA when I went a couple years ago. I'll see if I can find the pic...

12. I'm not sure if these are the same as yours,but i'll still post them...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. dubshack1

dubshack1
    from Jax,Fl

50 merc 4 door, chopped and subframed,just got it shipped from OKC. I will post pics soon.

14. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

Hey Bob, Here is my latest acquisition, I hope I dont have to get a new number. Larry

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
  15. 55chrysler

55chrysler
    from kelso wa

Hey Bob I forgot to get you the description you asked for.
    It is a Montclair Cruiser. It has been nosed and decked and all emblems shaved and removed the factory side mirror. I filled all the seems including welding the front fenders to the rockers. I removed the rocker panel trim and filled the holes. I also removed the stainless panel that goes between the trunk lid and rear bumper for a smoother look. I louvered the hood useing peaked louvers. We had the louvers put at a slight angle to look like a slight V shape to match the V shaped 2inch tuck and pleat interior design. I put a hidden trunk release in it. I shaved the bumper bolts before rechroming them. The interior is white 2" tuck and pleat with red pipeing. Red carpet. White headliner with red pipeing. It came with a 430 motor but i swapped it out when it went bad and put in a 351W with a C-6 tranny. I lowered the car 2" front and back. I named the car "Crystals Persuasion" because when we bought the car it was pretty well used up car. I wanted to sell it but my wife Crystal wouldn't let me so here we are 17 years later.

deadgearhead likes this.
  16. GRNONION50

GRNONION50
    from Oakwood

I'm in too. my fifty is stock. but the interior is mild custom. soon i will post some pics. is there anybody going to the james dean show? will be there for the first time (for me) with the car. thanks

17. GRNONION50

GRNONION50
    from Oakwood

I'm in too. my fifty is stock. but the interior is mild custom. soon i will post some pics. is there anybody going to the james dean show? will be there for the first time (for me) with the car. thanks

18. GRNONION50

GRNONION50
    from Oakwood

19. GRNONION50

GRNONION50
    from Oakwood

20. GRNONION50

GRNONION50
    from Oakwood

wow sorry for posting 3 times! what a newbie!

21. Sledge

Sledge
    from Nor Cal

Good lookin car Shawn! Thats cool your keeping it the way your dad had it!

22. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

very nice merc, dont sweat the triple post thing something was up with the HAMB.

23. Bob....That tan '60 merc....Is that a local car for you? Any chance of getting More/better pics of it? It looks very interesting and I love MILD....Lets get that guy to put some nicer Tires/Wheels on it and Save the earth.....Centurion9

24. Glenn Harris

Glenn Harris

Me too! Working on a '53 2 door sedan that has sat in the former owners storage for a few years. Most of the car is done to the earlier work, but I want to convert to C-4 from the 3 speed OD and re-paint. Anyone done the tranny conversion? Are there transmission cross member mounting issues that someone has worked out? I scored a Flat-O-Matic bell housing and a new converter that went with it. I was given a rebuilt C-4, but the trans is in pieces and has sat for some time too. So, off to a tranny rebuilder...

Attached Files:

25. radgirl

radgirl

26. You're #469....Nice car!!

27. DKroadsters

DKroadsters

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 19, 2013
  28. DKroadsters

DKroadsters

Yes ....Kevan is doing a very good job
    Thanks Bob. 39 it is,