Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Thanks for 10 years Ryan

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Corn Fed, May 21, 2012.

1. Koz

Koz

Thanks for the time I've been here Ryan. I used to think I was the only one addicted to the pursuit of the old ways. Now I realize it's a big family out there. I don't get to more than one or two shows a year but the HAMB keeps me connected in the shop.

I'm here to stay, miserable, opinionated bastard that I am.

2. Frank, thats because we were listening to your tales from the past and can recite them. You have long since forgotten the details!

3. Harell Los Angeles

Harell Los Angeles

I still remember the first time I read the old editorial that was on the front page and getting goosebumps and knowing this ws the place for me.

4. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

And I thought that you were going to 'punch me in the nose' the when I heard that you were going to the SK500. Haha....It's funny what used to happen behind a keyboard back in the day late at night.

It's funny in 2002, Jen & I were at Bonneville and we told "GERM" that BobK had something for him and to hop into the rental car & he thought BobK was going to kick his backside. Nope, just giving him some PBR painters hats.

Chris Nelson
    Kansas

5. That was the year Mikey Harrington gave me food poisoning at some Chinese place in SLC. I must have looked like hell from the look BobK gave me when I walked up.

6. beatcad

beatcad

of course i cannot speak for everyone, but i waited probably 5 or 6 years to sign up. i would read the HAMB 2 or 3 times a week.
    i didnt sign up back than because i had a computer that was so damn slow and threads seemed to move so fast it was hard to keep up.

also there was a time when newbies would ges their asses handed to 'em daily.
    that was a while ago though.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
  7. Abomination

Abomination

8. Now that REALLY hits home....to think of it as 12 or so years is one thing but to say I was 31 when I first found the HAMB is kinda mind blowing. Yes I too waited a few years to sign up.

Holy crap!!!! I kinda forgot about that....................

"Wanted: pontiac speed equiptment. finned alluminum valve covers,multiple carb intakes,alluminum timing covers,cams,etc. call "axle" at 714-289-1513"

:D:D:D

9. Tony

Tony

Man i always liked the 5 spoke/slick opening page.
    Hard to believe for sure. Made a lot of friends, had a lot of help with knowledge and parts, and some of the best memories from show's one could have.
    I do miss the old HAMB day's though..something about a visor comes to mind...hmm :D
    GOOD TIMES!
    Thanks Ryan,

Tony

10. druids62

druids62

With all these compliments I hope Ryan doesn't increase the alliance fees! All kidding aside Ryan,this is an amazing thing you have initiated here! Truely the quality of the participants make this successful but I believe all are inspired by your vision and leadership. Thank you Ryan! Cheers to the Captain!!........I think I'm beginning to tear up.

11. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

7 for me and hopefully more to come.....mmmm what should I build next?

12. jimbob

jimbob

I miss the sledging of old.....

13. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

Its like a bad habit .
    B.B.

14. Thanks Ryan the quality of this site shows the dedication you have for it and the people you share it with to make it happen. I have learnt many things in my short time here keep up the great work.
    Rob

15. Avgas

Avgas

I'm getting emotional !

16. Found the site through Fonzi in California around 2000 and then I moved to Texas and met up with the Kontinentals who were all on the HAMB and a year later I got enough confidence where I could handle the "Keyboard Abuse"!

It was pretty weird how these young guys would abuse the computer ignorant old farts... BobK did good in the "banter battle" mainly because he looked like Santa Clause and everybody was afraid that if you pissed him off you wouldn't get a present!

17. fortynut

fortynut

The HAMB is one of the most important cultural forces ever created for those of us who are involved in this hobby. It provides an ongoing history of what was done in the past, and what is being done in the moment, documented by the best writing, art and photography created by fellow enthusiasts, just for the love of it. Here, at this site, we are able to share ideas and discuss technical nuances, show off our rides and joke, brag and bitch and gripe about things that only people who have been there and done that can understand. If it's been ten years, and if I were making a toast, I'd say, 'Here's to ten more, Ryan, and ten more after that, for good measure!'

18. king cuda

king cuda

Congrats Ryan and thanks for picking my car at the 10 year round up Bucky Hess

19. I still say he's the Travelocity gnome. You never see them together anywhere...

Attached Files:

• tg.jpeg
      tg.jpeg
      File size:
      8.2 KB
      Views:
  20. AHotRod

AHotRod

Member #337 here! I too have enjoyed the ride, and I'm glad you old-guys are still around :)
    Lots of great memories for me.

Thanks Ryan! We had a lot of fun at the HAMB Drags back in the beginning.

21. AHotRod

AHotRod

I agree Tony, I'd like to have a copy of that to print out and hang in a picture frame.

22. pumpman

pumpman

Thanks Ryan, not an old timer like these guys but when I stumbled across HAMB I knew I had found my home and my missing family. I'm proud to be a very small part of it. Thanks for having me.

23. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

I still have my banners in the shop & hat's from you that year from the 'trunk' of your car. Will you be there this year?

Chris Nelson
    Kansas

24. (we already have a secret forum as backup) hehehehe

25. gilby's garage

gilby's garage

i'm glad found this site, i know my boss it's happy that i found it, lets hope they don't block it like they did with f-book.. that site and few others for block due to over use, i'm not telling anyone at work so i'm the only on using it... i think i'm save and would lost (and mored) with out the HAMB!

26. flat34pu

flat34pu

Thanks Ryan, and to everyone here that iv met on runs, gained knowlege from, bought parts from, sold parts to.
    heres to another 10 years.
    rich

27. AHotRod

AHotRod

I sure would love to be there Chris, but I don't see it happening for me. It's a 2,300 + mile round trip that I would do again if I had a income.
    Glenn

28. Hahaha... Uhhhhh... come to think of it... you have a point there!

But again I've never seen BobK and Santa Claus together either!:confused:

29. poprockcrusher

poprockcrusher

I was on NITRONIC then
    Congratulations

30. Dog Dish Deluxe

Dog Dish Deluxe
    BANNED
    from MO.

It's pretty much always when I'm sitting on the computer "working", HAMB is opened on the other tab behind what ever else I'm doing. It's an addiction that I can't control, so yeah...thanks Ryan.