Register now to get rid of these ads!

most comfortable driving seats

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ChefMike, Jul 22, 2012.

1. I have a 90 Lincon connie and the seats are the best I have ever owned and should fit real nice

2. RagtopBuick66

RagtopBuick66

I've got a real nice bench out of a 64 Galaxie, new foam, new burgundy and white vinyl upholstery, no saggy springs, stainless trim an all for sale! Lol

3. I'm not bustin' yer balls Joe but the O/P is looking for buckets for his pickup.

Unfortunately there aren't too many choices that fall under the traditional category when you want buckets and comfort. Most, if not all, will come from post 50's or even post 60's cars.

4. Deuces

Deuces

Yep!... It's a '68...

5. I bought a new Ford Thunderbird in 1984 and it had what they called articulated seats. You had more adjustments on it than any seat I have ever seen and they were the most comfortable I have ever ridden in. It had a lumbar support pump that really helped on a long trip.

6. Deuces

Deuces

Anyone remember the AMC Gremlin X with the Levi's denum stitched buckets??? Those were cool!!.. :D

7. Jeep had them too.

They were definitely different.

8. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Agreed, and if the responses on this thread were mostly about swivel buckets from a late 50's T-Bird, maybe a Chrysler, or even the minivan seat with some new upholstery, I'd be on board. But when we're getting responses with Recaro seats, taurus buckets, camaros, fieros, and speakers in the headrests... well then that's fodder for a street rod website, not this. Not to mention that if the issue is that the bench seat is uncomfortable, then maybe the discussion should move to why, and how to fix the bench, instead of scrapping it in place of fugly O/T buckets. Lots of people on here drive the balls off of their cars with factory seats with no comfort issues.

9. 390kid

390kid

i like the passenger seat

10. Cerberus

Cerberus

Go into my album and read/see the upgrades. They are what makes it a street rod or maybe in your way of thinking "Street Machine". It is not Pro Street or Pro Touring. But,we are talking about seats not semantics. Besides the topic is about comfy bucket seats. Hey, there are speakers in the headrests. Great if your traditional car is limited on interior space.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2012
  11. Minivan I don't agree with... makes me wanna puke just thinkin' about it.

The others, well it all depends on taste. No I don't and never had liked Ricaro's. But that's me, some might. In a Rod, I think they'd look like shit (now someone will post a pic to prove me wrong). The Fiero seats are used by many due in part that they will fit in just about anything and they use to be easy to get.

Now you may be onto something with the swivel buckets. Originals from the 50's are drawing big bucks but ones from the mid 70's Cutlass and Monte Carlos may work, look good too and won't break the bank. I know the first thing your going to say is that the back to too high and it is but this can be cut down and reformed very easily. Once the new upholstery is put over the reshaped frame they'd look great and be comfortable.

12. rld14

rld14

These are the seats I was talking about... lose the headrests and I think they would look OK in a rod.

ersonally I like my bench seats in my cars... the 54 Ford front seat is comfy as all heck :)

Attached Files:

13. If you want to look more tradional maybe some older lowback chevy van seats, but dont give up completly on the bench, a great upholstry guy can do wonders with all the different foams out there and make that old bench fit you and make it comfy

14. Cerberus

Cerberus

JIMMYWICKED is right. I sat on a Ford '32 slider seat at 2012 LA Roadster Show, and could not believe how comfy their bench seat is. Closing in on a grand tho. I shall go that route one of these days. Until then, I will deal with these overstuffed '78 Mustg II seats, in my other Street Rod/Street Machine.

Attached Files:

15. pinkynoegg

pinkynoegg

these work great! I have a couple in my tudor

Attached Files:

16. boldventure

boldventure

Almost every review of almost any Volvo raved about the seats.

17. ChefMike

ChefMike

the tickness of the back of the seat won't be an issue as I made the cab 8 inches longer ! and 3 inches wide

18. :eek:

:eek::eek::eek: joe is gonna get you

http://m.summitracing.com/parts/bst-39429-01
    These are actually pretty comfy and look the part.
    140.00 each isn't horrible for a new seat.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  19. Al Von

Al Von

I'll second this suggestion. I had a '91 LX 5.0 with these low back buckets. They also had adjustable supports for behind the knees, thigh bolsters, and inflatable lumbar support. All in a nice woven cloth. VERY comfortable.