Register now to get rid of these ads!

Nsra nats 2012.whos going??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by B.A.KING, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Thanks for posting this up Mark! Let's say 12:00 (high noon) on Friday & Saturday.

Bob.........hows the apple pie brew coming? People are thirsty!

2. D-man313

D-man313

Be there thurs-sat. Me and dad driving my 49 pu

3. dirt slinger

dirt slinger

Yeah they are going. I will get a few pics over the weekend and they keep an eye out for swap meet goodies. That's how I got my pickup cab a few years ago.

4. 40Vert

40Vert

One more week! The Nats is my family reunion:D

5. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

I'll be there Thursday am. Looking forward to some good hot weather. (Just skidding)

6. cabriolethiboy

cabriolethiboy

I know this has been brought up before, but maybe things have changed. What about some good restaurants to go to, and not the same old chains that everyplace has. Where is the best pizza? Bar food? Steaks? Seafood? Lunch? Homestyle? I went to the deli outside gate 5, and it was great! Can't remember the name but I'll go there again.

7. Gman0046

Gman0046

By far the best lunch is Franks just outside the Fairgrounds. Just as you come out past the entrance booths make a left on Phillips lane to the next stop light and make another left. Franks is about an 1/8 mile on your left. Great sandwiches and salads at a real good price. You'll be clad you did.

8. hotrodharry2

hotrodharry2
    from Michigan

Unfortunately, not this year. Had thought earlier we would be there... maybe next year!

9. Not this year. The wife had foot surgery and can,t make it alone that long. I normally go from Saturday before it starts until Sunday of the show. Leave late Sunday and get home Monday afternoon. Ain't missed one in Many years. It will seem weird.

10. tradrod

tradrod

So no Vernon?.......Ehhh Falmedcoupe?

11. 32STUPRES

32STUPRES

Another good place for hamburgers and fries, etc. is in the bowling alley across from the Crowne Plaza..if you've ever watched the parade and few burnouts on Phillips Lane from the Crowne parking lot...just look straight across and you'll see a mini-mall..this great burger joint is inside the bowling alley.,,on the left side

12. 41 C28

41 C28

Lynn's Paradise Cafe 984 Barret Ave is good place.

13. 47kb1

47kb1
    from TN

COunt me in for Friday, sat and sun. Driving the 47 up. First time I have ever been and not working the event, should be fun.

14. Dougan

Dougan

The Dougans are going Thurs-Sun. We will be in the wife's 48' Jeepster (Red and Black). See you all at the meet-and-greet!!!

15. A couple of good ones.....

"Pass Time" located in J-Town has a great fish sandwich.

"Lynn's Paradise Cafe" located near the Bardstown Rd area. This is place has an atmosphere like no other, and the food is awesome.

16. Dougan

Dougan

For Pizza, we like Bearno's Pizza across from the College. Angelo's Pizza is also good.

17. Lynn's is not only some crazy good food, but stuff you don't find on the menu elsewhere. And the place itself is pretty nuts too. We make it a point to go every year for lunch after we get done setting up the booth.

18. metal man

metal man

Dad,son,and I eat there every year. Once had the pleasure of being joined by Bob "Animal Ain" too! Good place and very convenient.

19. TomCat 1

TomCat 1

I'll be there Saturday with a car load of guys as spectators only..........

20. Gman0046

Gman0046

If you like Mexican, there's an El Toro restaurant on Shellbyville Road in Middletown. Great food and two for one Margarita's every night (get them frozen). Entertainment Thursday and Saturday nights. It's close to many motels off Hurstborne Lane and Interstate I 64 EXIT 17. For good BBQ just east of El Toro is Marks Feed Store (you better get there early).

Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  21. Jeff J

Jeff J

I'll be up there on Tueday with my green turd till sunday ! The pic is coming back from LARS show driving home !! (some where in New Mexico Desert ) DTPOOI !!!!!

Attached Files:

22. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

Now THAT"S the way to travel!!:D

23. Be there Thursday thru Sunday, God willing!

24. Red Dragon Racing

Red Dragon Racing
    from Indiana

Imperazelli's for pizza. Hill Street Fish Fry for Fish. Ollie's Trolley for burgers. Lynne's is also very cool. If you can find Bardstown Rd in the Highlands area, there are some interesting places down there.

25. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

more ideas on the food please!!! getting closer!!!!!!

26. Down Gene Snyder getting off at Riverport you have Mike Linnings....great white fish an everything else has been a long time business in Louisville in a unique area next to river an a ton of outside sitting.

27. Gman0046

Gman0046

B.A. King where are you staying? I'll try and give you some restaurant tips.

28. coupeman36

coupeman36

We will be there with the '36 coupe.

29. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

i will be driving this thing.........

[​IMG]

30. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

SWEET!
    Do they have a traditional parking area?