Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Great Fifty Seven Chevy post

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SamIyam, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Deuces

Deuces

2. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside to see that they are still racing Shake Rattle & Run!

And hauling ASS at that!

200mph 6 second passes... WOW!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/H9snK8-2CjU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sam

3. 33hotrod

33hotrod

Incredible stuff! Stan

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  4. 1929CDAN

1929CDAN

A pic of my friends car from the MELTDOWN this past weekend!!

IMG_2032.jpg

Deuces and Gasser 57 like this.
  5. NINE INCH

NINE INCH

Its great to be back in the game. This is just my ThurstyThursday car built from mostly leftover stuff. Good to show up in any weather while the others cry about gettin wet. 4sp and a fender to set yer BEER. She loves punishment.

Attached Files:

Deuces likes this.
  6. slammed

slammed

7. slammed

slammed

8. 4psi

4psi

My Uncle's 210.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Great thread. I would really like to find a '57 C/Gas car owned by a friend of mines brother back in the 70's. It was an Orange 210 post car, Tilt glass front end, straight axle, with a 57 Olds diff. Motor was set back, polished 5 spoke wheels. The dash had the stock gauges removed and replaced with cobalt blue glass. All aluminum interior and a 4spd shifted by a Bieber linkage. Had the number 1140 C/G painted on the door. I know the car ran at OCIR and Pomona, most likely Lions as well.
    They bought the car in 1972 and sold it around 78 or 79. It was last seen at the street races in the San Fernando Valley around 1980...

Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  10. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

May have posted before--don't recall--has about 2000 miles on it this time around. Looking now for a 150.

Attached Files:

Deuces likes this.
  11. dirt42

dirt42

How about this famous Northeast JR stocker. Ralph Truppi getting it done with the 57 wagon.

Attached Files:

Deuces likes this.
  12. dirt42

dirt42

This one is mine although it's not a gasser style it's been in the family since 1963. During the late 60's early 70's it was yellow with chrome reverse rims on it. There was nothing like sitting next to dad watching him work the 3 on the floor with the white knob Hurst shifter. Although it looks completely stock it's got a nice cam in it and sounds real good cruising through town.

Attached Files:

• 009.jpg
      009.jpg
      File size:
      348.9 KB
      Views:
    Deuces likes this.
  13. I've always had a '55 Chevy; had one for 25 years. Came across this drag race '57 for cheap about 10 years ago.

Then I took a beating on this roach about a year ago.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  14. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

I love them as gassers AKA drag cars but I hate them when the chainers get a hold of them.
    Jay

15. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

Love'in those TAs baby!
    Jay

16. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

Got to add mine here:D

Attached Files:

Deuces likes this.
  17. Somebody

Somebody

Here's my little odd-ball. Was going to sell it, but decided F$CK that. :cool:

Attached Files:

Deuces likes this.
  18. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

I still love that color combo, Somebody.

19. Somebody

Somebody

Thanks. I keep thinking I'll paint it a different color again but every time I go out and stare at it I love it all over again. It's almost weird enough for me.

20. I'm not one to use the term "chainers"... only because I appreciate most directions this hobby goes, but I agree with you.

I actually put my '57 up in the classifieds to try and trade it off for a '55.

I'd even entertain a 4 door...

The reason being is that I too have a Love/Hate relationship with the '57 Chevy.

Most of them are oh-so WRONG... they look heavy, lunky, bulbous and long.

But then you come across a gem like 1320/150's car... and they look light, racy and bad ass!

So, how do I capture that?

I have been struggling with keeping it or selling it... Just this morning I was talking to a co-worker and told him that it's such a nice a car that I need to keep it.

Then I log onto the HAMB and this thread pops up...

Believe it or not, this thread is helping me to stay on track and just keep the dang car!

Sam

Deuces and Redcloud like this.
  21. Somebody

Somebody

SamIyam, I'm in the same boat with mine. Was looking to sell it and get either a '55 Delivery or '40 Continental but I'm keeping her and this thread is good inspiration for it. Keep 'em coming guys!

Deuces likes this.
  22. an1951

an1951

:) Some 1957 Chevys back in the days at Orange County Intl Raceway (Los Angeles area), Super Chevy Show, good old days with the Chevys at OCIR!

Attached Files:

Deuces likes this.
  23. malibumonte78

malibumonte78

[​IMG]
    Here is my 57 210 four door wagon project. Mostly stock appearing with 55 210 centercaps and a mild 327 dressed up with 60's goodies.

Deuces likes this.
  24. an1951, those cars embody the look I am going to go after.

I love them Centerlines!

I want this car to get me excited like those cars did for me back in the early 80's!

Currently I am thinking:

Satin finish gold exterior. (Although I might keep the green and primer spot the repairs)
    Black tuck and roll interior.
    Chrome garnish moldings.
    4 speed stick
    tach on dash
    Big in Big block
    M/T valve covers
    Torker 2-0 intake
    Orange engine block
    white headers.
    NO front bumper.
    Nice chrome and polished stainless.
    clear glass.
    Polished Center Lines...
    3.5 or 5" fronts with Pro-Track or BFGoodrich bias ply pizza cutters
    8.5" with the shallow off set with M/T ET Streets or Pro-Tracs out back (If they make McCreary'sI might go that route)
    I would also like to put a nice stereo in the car... growing up in Modesto, it seemed like all the bad ass street machines also had bad ass stereos.

It will be interesting to see if I stick to this plan over time. :D

Only time will tell!

Sam

25. BTW... I remember seeing that black '57 hard top with the kicked up hood in HRM.

It ran 9's with a nitrous gulping small block Chevy.

A mind blower for the 1980's.

Sam

26. TERPU

TERPU

He He Sam, whatever you end up it will be badass! And once again, I want a ride.

All the best,

Tim

PS- Black Suede, Centerlines, and Fenderwells.

27. Roadsir

Roadsir

Sam,
    Keep it and build it verbatum below....I was born in '64 and grew up reading Hot Rod in late 60's and early 70's and was a teen in the 80's when Centerline became popular, and white VHT headers were still cool (expecially fenderwell).

28. barbara

barbara
    from wisconsin

my dad's old handyman at the hunnert car heads up

Attached Files:

Gasser 57 likes this.
  29. The black hard top belonged to Ron Filkins, (a Div. 7 Super Stock racer). As Sam said, that thing would stand on the rear bumper and run in the 9's when "57's weren't supposed to be able to. It had a tunnel rammed 355 with turbo heads and a homemade nitrous system. The red, then blue 210 sedan belonged to Kevin McClelland (famed announcer Dave McClelland's son) A series of articles on the build were done in one of the magazines, and the chassis guy was none other than Richard Ruth (aka Two Lane Blacktop/American Graffiti '55 builder), and it had a straight axle front very much like the '55.
    When it was done, Kevin named it "Tuna Tank II" after his dad Dave's "Tuna Tank" Fiat Topolino "A/A. The '57 was for sale in the back of National Dragster in the late '90's for $12,500 ready to race! I talk to Kevin every so often, I believe he still works for Flow Master.

30. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

what I m doing with mine a Daily driver,sit in the driveway,parts and grocery getter,:D

Attached Files:

Deuces likes this.