Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2012 MELTDOWN DRAGS * Vintage Drag Meet * July 21-22

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Von Hartmann, Dec 19, 2011.

1. 62Furious

62Furious

I just would like to thank every body that came and help put this show on. I made two fun run passes, and the rest of the time I was reliving my childhood, wondering the pits and enjoying the cars.

Attached Files:

2. Hellfish

Hellfish

Best name ever.

3. smautobody

smautobody

that car hauls ass I beat him though.....because he redlight ha ha oh well a win is a win seriously badass car runs 8.20s

4. Paul, thanks fer the "ride" in Koop's 55, that was cool!

5. Finn Jensen

Finn Jensen
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

6. pvduke

pvduke
    from SoCal

Good night nurse! Skybound shoeboxes, t-bolts the pair and Mimi and Hilife sqaured off. Bitchen sht guys...real race cars just killing it out there.

7. oldwilly

oldwilly

A big THANK YOU goes out to all of the participants,Fugitives Car Club,Eric,Paul and Ryan,The track,The fans,The Great Lakes Gassers and the Nostalgia Gassers Racing Association and everyone else that made this event one of the BEST Nostalgic Drag race events around!
    What a great time and show!
    We can't wait for next year!
    Gassers Rule!
    Hey Johnny Rotten....You ready to have a re-match????

8. Von Hartmann

Von Hartmann

Hahaha! I forgot we did this! That was cool as hell, even though I lost the race and $10. We should do some more with some of the other cars next year.

9. Class Reunion

Class Reunion
    from N.E. PA

We also had a great time and want to thank all involved for putting on an event that was most definitely worth the trip.
    Gregg

10. Gregg;

It was FUN just watching you launch that HOT ROD !!!..good stuff my freind.

Rick
    --------------------------------------------------

11. No way. "Deucebag" has that, well.....in the bag!!:cool:

12. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

FYI....3 people emailed me it DOES NOT say pool on the quarter window of the 55...it is # 1009....LOL Koop

13. neighborkidswillys

neighborkidswillys
    from byron

Would just like to say I was the first to point that out. Haha

14. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

A BIG THANK YOU to The Fugitives, Byron, (Rockford), Dragway, and everyone involved in making The Meltdown happen. This has to be one of the best weekends, ever. The friendly people, the excellent facilities, and all of the cool vintage style cars that were doing what they should be....DRAG RACING!!! Everything was EXCELLENT!!!!

All of the cars and trucks were cool, whether they were stockers, hot street cars, or full on race cars. It was especially sweet to see all of the history that passed down the 1/4 mile. It really was like being transported back to 1966. By the way, the reasoning behind the 1966 year cutoff is very cool. Hee, Hee.

I'm already counting the days until next year's Meltdown. So........How soon until pre-registrations are accepted??? :D:D:D Will a DVD of this year's meet be available? :cool::cool::cool:
    Hmmm.....Maybe, with enough ambition my '34 will be ready to run by next July???

15. superprojoe

superprojoe
    from Illinois

[​IMG]LOVE THIS CAR!!!!

16. superprojoe

superprojoe
    from Illinois

[​IMG]
    Everything out of Creative Customs in st.louis is jus' plain wicked!!!^

17. Whatta I gotta do to preregister I forgot....Sign me up!

18. Hambgrenade

Hambgrenade
    from Byron Ill

That's right, I want a rematch and we were one for one, I think. Hartman & Sons vs Zettle Bros should be a good show and Match up so get to wrenchin on that Falcooooon. We had the most awsome time and this years event was everything we hoped it would be and worth all the effort. This event is one of those where there is so much going on you don't know whether to race or just watch. I am glad BJ insisted on 2 days even though Sunday did not have as many cars. The quality on Sunday was still outstanding. Thanks again from all of us Fugitives for all who participated. "We came, we saw, we ran. For me the best part was the Handgrenade ran a 13.56 @ 100+ with no breakage. I was sure nervous after the Thursday night explosion of the 5.14 gear prior to the event. The 4.56 still doesn't move it as much as I would like so I will have to see about another center section for next year and maybe some real slicks. I had a blast beatin the crap out of my old 55 even though my racing skills suck. Hope to see you all @ next years event and more.

Thanks, Handgrenade Hartman

19. Hey Paul;
    Enjoyed the Fiat match race..Took it apart today..
    Here ya go...LOL

Thanks again everyone;

Rick

Attached Files:

20. rotten johnny

rotten johnny
    from Mi

ready...READY.....Im counting the days till I get revenge on that piccoso painted done up taxi cab of yours.
    I was more impressed you guys reced saterday at ceder springs...drove all nite, came out and put on one hell of a show.Your my new hero, Some of the sweetest mechanical eye candy ever to run down the track, and dare I say FAST.
    Ron, you guys are a class act and as fine as they come. Ill be looking foward to next year to redeam myself. Till then, show em your tailights as much as you can. I alredey know what they look like. Rotten

21. smautobody

smautobody

"dragracing" sometimes it racing, and sometimes it's a drag!!!!!!!!!!

22. Steve;
    A motto you know ALL to well this year...(Thompson).

Rick
    =======================================

23. Without a doubt,the Meltdown Drags was the best event I have been to
    several years. No awards,no trophies,no bitchers, just fun for all who
    attended. Hats off to the group who put the event together and to
    all the staff who work out at the track. This was my first Meltdown
    Drags and I have already marked the calender for next years event.
    Did not make it to the Hundred Car Heads Up this year, but won't miss
    next year event. Thanks to all the Racers who came any distance and
    I hope those who broke, that the carnage was not to bad or atleast it is
    fixable. Hope to have both my Henry J Gasser their next year and maybe
    the Tiger II. Attached find some of my favorite shot of the show.

Thanks, John

24. smautobody

smautobody

thats for sure Rick I never got a chance to talk to ya more but your fiat and tow vehicle were awesome! catch up with ya at Indy if your going

25. Here are the photos

John

Attached Files:

26. Bean Dip

Bean Dip
    BANNED

I like this one by one_lostcause....it makes it look like I'm winning HAHAHAHA! This one is getting posterized on my living room wall.

[​IMG]

27. smautobody

smautobody

way cool pic john, that looks like it could be from the 60s for sure, and dam it does look like you got the jump on me lol!

28. Bean Dip

Bean Dip
    BANNED

^^^You treed me you dog! I admit it. Anyone that cuts an .03 light desrves to win. Thanks for the great race and the memories that go with it. Thanks also one_lostcause for sharing your talent.

29. oldwilly

oldwilly

Johnny Rotten,
    All of us at the Nostalgia Gasser Racing Association had a great time match racing against the Great Lakes Gassers.
    You have some cool cars.
    I had a blast match racing against you.
    Maybe next time you can get some extra cab fare?
    Until then I will polish up my tail lights for you!
    Old Willy