Register now to get rid of these ads!

Amish cruising near Syracuse

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by markl350, Jul 23, 2012.

1. markl350

markl350

2. Jedidiah

Jedidiah
    from Ft Worth

Other buggies fled the scene????? How funny is that?

3. Big_John

Big_John
    from Upstate NY

That's about three hours from Syracuse. It's closer to Buffalo.

4. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

That is Laugh-out-loud funny. Darn kids these days!

5. 2935ford

2935ford

Wait 'til their parents get hold of them!

6. afaulk

afaulk

Who was that masked man with the two horsepower and fringe all around? BWAAAA!

7. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's the best laugh I've had all day but I'd hate to be the kid who wrecked the buggy.
    He will be on the business end of a shovel for the next six months.

8. That's the funniest thing I've read in ages.

9. Thats some funny shit.

10. Keep

Keep

HAHAHAHA Thanks I needed that.

11. Amish are traditional.

12. Ole don

Ole don

Yup, most of those buggies have big n little wheels!!

13. I wonder if there were any "rat buggies"...

14. evs1

evs1

Those kids need some religion.

Oh wait,,,,they're amish. So much for that idea.

You ever hear an Amish driveby shooting?

clop clop bang! clop clop bang! clop clop bang!

15. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

[​IMG]

16. docmike

docmike

A few years ago, while visiting my grandma in Independence, Iowa I witnessed an "interesting" transaction. Young Amish males are not allowed to own a covered buggy un till they are married. We took my Grandma out for lunch at Three Brothers Restaurant and after we left the restaurant we noticed a buggy with no top sitting behind a business which I believe was the local hardware store. There was a teenage Amish boy nervously pacing back and forth next to his buggy. Within a few seconds two regular, non-Amish boys come out of the hardware store and start walking toward the Amish boy. The Amish boy nervously looks over over his shoulder this way and that. At this point I'm wondering if this is a drug deal going down right here in broad daylight. As the other boys near the buggy, the Amish boy reaches into the back of the buggy and from under the seat he pulls out something wrapped in a blanket. Just as the other two boys reach the buggy I notice that the item that was wrapped in the blanket was a portable radio. The Amish boy hands the other two boys some money and I see them hand him a couple of packs of BATTERIES. He quickly installs the batteries into his radio, wraps it back up in the blanket and tucks it back under the seat on the buggy. I just looked at my Grandma and cousin and we all just started laughing.

17. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Probably DUI'd after coming from a buttermilk keg party?

18. deadgearhead

deadgearhead
    from Washington

How fast can a buggy "flee"? If the cruiser was wrecked too badly to chase the buggy they could have just sent a couple bike cops after it. :p

19. "You get one phone call son. ....You say your parents tore all the electrity wires out of the house and we CANT call them because you obviously dont have a phone? Oh?!"

20. flamed34

flamed34

I've seen this article before. Sherman is just east of Erie, Pa. I was just in Sherman 2 weeks ago for a music festival (The Great Blue Heron) and am originally from about 20 miles away.
    There's a streak of rebellion in the Amish youth there...several were around the music festival at night (obviously snuck out), and back in the day there were several that would sneak out and party with us.

21. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

about 2 weeks ago the Amish went past my house, which is odd in itself. What really threw me off was the fact that they were carrying two kayaks on the roof and I live no where near any water! I almost pissed myself...

22. 32 Spitfire

32 Spitfire

I can tell you all it's not funny. My wife and I were almost killed two years ago on the 4th of July. We went in the late afternoon for a cruise in my wife's BMW Roadster. I had considered my 32 Roadster and thankfully took the BMW at the last moment which allowed me to brake and steer through it all. The young group of Amish had been drinking and were driving a high Chevy Blaser very fast and lost control on very curvy roads with us coming the other way. Somehow I steered and braked through it but they ending up rolling several times and none had their seat belts on. When your on a country road miles from help it's a very bad situation to try to save those who are seriously injured. It turned out the one boy was my builders son that they life flighted and he spent his 20th birthay in a coma. Another I helped to the ditch with his back broken. If you think it's bad drinking in a buggy which some do it's really bad when they start to drive late in life with little driving experience. I live in the heart of Amish counrty and have many good Amish friends but remember they have the same problems as we do. The roads are very dangerous be very very careful........it still bothers us a lot.

32 Spitfire

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=502413&highlight=32+spitfire

23. slowmotion

slowmotion

Spitfire, We did a little daytrip to Amish country (your area) today (wifey's BD), and I was surprised at the lack of buggy traffic. More Amish on bicycles though, and they haven't seemed to grasp the concept of 'yield' yet either. Hell, they own all the land, guess they figure the highway comes with it.

24. Tripple G

Tripple G

"BARN TO BE WILD":eek:

25. Philroy

Philroy

Some of my best friends are amish. At first i thought I would be chewing some ass,:mad: but this is too funny. Your average buggy can go about 10mph if the horse is running.:eek: In our area it is alright for them to have a rear facing light to signal traffic and a spotlight to see what is coming down the road.:confused: I hooked my buddy up with high and low beam headlights, an auxilliary spotlight, taillights with turn signals, and ground effects that change colors.:D:D:D We have too much fun with it. People look at you mighty funny:eek: with a buggy with ground effects.:confused: It is a two seater buggy and has all kinds of bumper stickers, all over the back of it. They include Matthews Solocam and Mossy Oak as we are both into deer hunting. I can't believe that a buggy full of drunk amishmen hit a cop car.:D That is too funny. Sounds like something that our local police force would mock up to get money from te amish.:mad: Several somebodies were in trouble with mama.:p

26. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I'm going to bed laughing my ass off! Funniest thing I've read all YEAR!

27. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

BTTT for anyone having a bad day.

28. Come on guys...Amish rides are very lightweight and wicked COOL too! :)
    [​IMG]

29. American Graffiti...Amish style! :) Milner and Falfa are at it again on Paradise Road!
    [​IMG]