Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2012 MELTDOWN DRAGS * Vintage Drag Meet * July 21-22

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Von Hartmann, Dec 19, 2011.

1. smautobody

smautobody

ha ha that was funny stuff brother my belly still hurts from laughing nothing funnier than two drunks racing bicycles in the dark

2. rotten johnny

rotten johnny
    from Mi

AHHHHAAA....Yer lucky your neighbor didnt know you had a full beer or it would have been a empty bottle there on the mantal........
    We had a riot and it was relly a pleasure meeting all of the gasser gang and running them. Not a fool all weekend and the track people were awsome. Thanks fugitives and to all you guys who busted ass to put together a event like this.
    I like the #1 rule.......seems like everyone there were awsome.
    All in all it was great and we would like to come back next year. Keep this good thing going, its all going the rite direction.
    O yeh.....one more thing. That lil mouse that could and would DID and it was awsome. Never told me the man had been tuning and driving THAT SAME CAR for over 55 years.....now THATS the shit. Did I mention it was the fastest gasser there.....WOW
    Thanks again for having us and nice to see all the great people involved with it.......BIG WEEKEND.........

3. noclubjoe

noclubjoe

had a blast at the drags, this was my first time going to the meltdown drags. It was very well put together, thank you all for such a great show...... Next year i plan on staying for the weekend.

4. smautobody

smautobody

heres some pics we got

Attached Files:

5. big vic

big vic
    from cary il

everyone was talking about the girl in the boots staging the car

6. smautobody

smautobody

ha ha thats "PAMZILLA"

7. smautobody

smautobody

two more shots of Pamzilla

Attached Files:

• pam1.jpg
      pam1.jpg
      File size:
      211.1 KB
      Views:
    • PAM.jpg
      PAM.jpg
      File size:
      183.7 KB
      Views:
  8. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

I just got back from the meltdown. I had a great time and it is on my must do list for next year. I know they said the 2013 dates over the airwaves but I'm not young and have already forgot them can you post them here so I can add to the calendar??

Thanks again for some great racing.

Jim H

9. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

Hats off to the Fugitives for another GREAT show!!!! It was good to see old friends and meet a lot of new ones. Great Lakes gassers, you all are great people to be around. All dad could say on the way home is " I thought I went back in time, that is as close as you could possibly get to 1965." Goody bags were great. Beer was awesome, even though I'll never open it, that goes on the shelf. Pamzilla, and S&M Auto, great performance!! Will be back again next year. I'm told Hartman and Son's '55 has a score to settle with the GTO. I also heard I been called out with the Falcon against Ryan's Henry J. Damn, I got a year to get it done!!

10. I am compelled to throw you a compliment, your car is an absolute monster on the strip! We had a spot at the top end of the track and every time you made a pass we were on the fence with our jaws in the dirt and whooping it up when you pasted and your times came up!

Really cool car and we will be watching for you next year!

Thanks for the great entertainment!

11. smautobody

smautobody

thanks brother glad you enjoyed its fun as hell to drive

12. one_lostcause

one_lostcause
    from Mi

Haha thanks. I still have a lot more to go but here are some more http://flic.kr/s/aHsjASjtiU. If any of these are of you guys or someone you know please let me know and I'll gladly send you a full res copy.

13. The goody bag was outstanding! I do have to admit the Meltdown High Life was almost consumed with no beer vendor at the track.:D

14. I think everyone needs to quit thanking us and thank themselves for doing what it took to meet event criteria and then drive 16 plus hours from all over North America to help us have a vintage drag meet 1965 style. You guys all kick ass! I am proud to have been involved and am very fond of all our new friends!

Again, THANK YOU participants. By the way, everyone that supports the Meltdown Drags is automatically a member of the M.D.A. Meltdown Drags Association. It is not a club but rather a big ass group of friends that is into vintage drag racing.

Please email your pictures to [email protected] so I can post them all to the website. Thanks!!

Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
  15. Just a few pics

Attached Files:

• 230.jpg
      230.jpg
      File size:
      463.3 KB
      Views:
    • 216.jpg
      216.jpg
      File size:
      488.8 KB
      Views:
    • 212.jpg
      212.jpg
      File size:
      519.2 KB
      Views:
    • 181.jpg
      181.jpg
      File size:
      377.8 KB
      Views:
    • 111.jpg
      111.jpg
      File size:
      510.9 KB
      Views:
  16. Von Hartmann

Von Hartmann

Wow, I just woke up from my recovery coma and read through all the posts here.

THANK YOU GUYS for coming and supporting the Meltdown. It was everything I hoped for and more. I have to agree with Paul and take my hat off the racers who came from all over the country and Canada!

From what we saw, there was nothing but cooperation from everybody there and the mood was respectful. When somebody needed a hand, they seemed to get it right away. Our club members were some of the last to leave and driving away, the track looked as clean as it did when we showed up.

So thanks again to everybody who came and helped us make this event something really unique.

Meltdown Drags 4 will be Sat=Sun July 20-21 2013!

17. And thanks Ryan for welding up parts for the Beedy and Malloy nitro fed so they could keep racing!

18. senior fried

senior fried

Now That's what I call A Drag race. !

19. Here's a couple more pictures.

Attached Files:

• 026.jpg
      026.jpg
      File size:
      535.3 KB
      Views:
    • 034.jpg
      034.jpg
      File size:
      508.4 KB
      Views:
    • 124.jpg
      124.jpg
      File size:
      486.4 KB
      Views:
    • 166.jpg
      166.jpg
      File size:
      511.3 KB
      Views:
    • 134.jpg
      134.jpg
      File size:
      451.4 KB
      Views:
    • 213.jpg
      213.jpg
      File size:
      523.2 KB
      Views:
    • 204.jpg
      204.jpg
      File size:
      497.9 KB
      Views:
    • 175.jpg
      175.jpg
      File size:
      521 KB
      Views:
  20. koop13

koop13
    from Wisconsin

As part of the Fugitives, I just wanted to hank everyone for attending. Whether you ran 10 or 15 seconds, it was equally enjoyed by all. I have never been more impressed by a group of cars and people in my life. When I lived in California I would go to Goodguys at Pomona and he March Meet in Bakersfield and they have nothing on this event (except for some California eye candy).

Thank you again and let's make this even better next year!

Cheers!

21. 55chieftain

55chieftain

Looks like I have a year to get my junk straightened out and get up there LOL, congrats to the Fugitives and everyone for a great event. I had a great time last year but Wow over 300 cars, double from last year?

22. kibster

kibster
    from Illinois

23. Bean Dip

Bean Dip
    BANNED

Left the room at 2 this morning and got to the house about an hour ago (9 pm)....and it was all worth it!
    I could have done without this though...
    [​IMG]
    nailed me about 15 minutes from the house.

Best time I have ever had at a drag race! The cars were awesome, the track was supreme, the Fugitives treated us like rockstars, and my favorite part was that the racers were kicking the living shit out of their cars!!! Take a bow gents...I did more watching than racing because I couldn't peel my ass out of the stands. Too cool.

Thanks to Steve Crook "Blew By You" and his crew for giving me perma-grin even if you paddled my tail. Super nice guy and total badass to boot! You know I'm looking for a rematch right??! :D

"Moparius Maximus".....man....I don't know what to say other than DAAAAAYUM!!! I though I might just win afterall and then BAAAAAAZIIIINGAAA there you went.

Redline we really dug the Stude man!

Ferdinand rocked.....jeez...just too much to comprehend.

Thanks Big Vic, Barbara (Doug), Von Hartman, Rich and Sheila for putting up with us silly Texans. You guys are tops!

24. Yer Zoomies were tooo sweet soundin man! Yer car was BAAAAD to the Bone! KILLER! I hope ya make the trip next year! R~R

25. Bean Dip

Bean Dip
    BANNED

Thank ya Misser Red Sir!!! Charlie and I would love to see everybody one more time. Sure don't know what I'm gonna do now though....after Meltdown everything else is just a Letdown. Just have to buy more beer I guess??!:D

26. hrbhrb

hrbhrb
    from Polo,IL

"I think everyone needs to quit thanking us."
    Yeah, fat chance! Thankyou, Thankyou, Thankyou!:D The point is well taken, however. It really was everyone that made this work. I met many, many friendly, decent, folks. Oh, there was that busted rearend on my first run (sorry about holding things up). I am just glad that I did not drop any oil. Breaking really did not spoil my weekend. It just freed me up to help out with my son and brother, and spend more time diggin' all the really cool cars. Not much I can add to what has been said, so, thanks to the Fugitives, thanks to the track, thanks to us. Oh, and thanks to the guys who pushed me the length of the track back to my pit. I really appreciate it. I am counting down the days to next year.
    Bob

27. t5stang91

t5stang91

that sinister tri five was sweet!!!!!!!!! loved watching that piece of equip make a pass with the john force burnouts.

28. x-shift

x-shift

I would also like to thank The Fugitives, the track, and all of the fine folks that worked their asses off to put this together. Although we're not exactly gasser material, we came to watch and take a couple of fun-runs. We were welcomed with open arms, and thanked profusely for being a part of it all. Genuine respect goes a long way with me, and that's exactly what we got. Thanks again for a spectacular event, that I hope to enjoy for many years in the future!

29. Here is my GoPro in Eric's car. I forgot to turn it off and have 15 minutes of chatter in the background. Kinda cool I thought so I did not edit it out.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eSVJ3BVsoAU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

30. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

I would like to thank the guy's with the "SUICIDE KING" stude for helping me get my broken junk off the track.