Register now to get rid of these ads!

Found and got a Model T Coupe last night

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TERPU, Jul 21, 2012.

1. TERPU

TERPU

always wanted to drive one of these, so now I gotta learn.

Came with seats, door patch panels, and supposed to run. turns over with good compressi[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

on, We'll find out soon. No big plans just to drive it as is. Like I needed another car, but it was to good to pass up. Sure would make a neat early style car.

Now how does that pedal thing go.........

Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
  2. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bitchin !!!!!

3. rusty28a

rusty28a

Pull back the bunny ears and hang on! Nice score.

4. The37Kid

The37Kid

Takes a bit of practice to find neutral with the hand brake lever. Start it and press the pedal on the far left to the floor and you are in low gear. Release the hand lever all the way, take your foot off the pedal and you are in high. Takes a bit of practice to then find nutral using the left pedal while putting your right foot on the brake without stalling the thing. Remember most Model T owners went from a horse and wagon to the T so driving was fairly simple, FORGET everything you know about driving a modern car and you'll be fine. Bob

5. Rogueman

Rogueman

SWEET! I'm going to add one to my collection some day.

6. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Bitchin' I had one pretty much like it when I last lived in MN in '81. Some days it was the only thing that would get through the snow to go to school.

7. Mopar Jack

Mopar Jack

Sweet score...

8. Model A Gomez

Model A Gomez

I printed the driving instructions for a Model T off the internet for a friend who just bought one. Don't remember the site but shouldn't be hard to find on Google.

9. shtterbug8

shtterbug8

freaking awesome! where the heck is that rock you found this car hiding under? i need to find some!

10. 40FordGuy

40FordGuy

Most fun I had with a car was learning to drive a T !!!!!!!!!! Biggest surprise was the steering is 1/2 turn,...Lock to Lock !! Letting go of the wheel is an adventure in pure adrenaline rush !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yours has "demountabe" rims,...which means it's 1919 or newer.. The same year they put starters on "closed cars".

Enjoy it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4TTRUK

11. MedicCustoms

MedicCustoms

I want one so bad.I have a 26 tudor.

12. MRTS33

MRTS33

There is one of those near me for sale. It's in real nice shape.

13. TERPU

TERPU

Thanks Guys, T's make the World Smile. Everybody loves this thing already and I'm looking forward to putting some time on it.

Tim

14. The37Kid

The37Kid

When you change the oil put NON detergent oil in it. Check out Lang's for any needed parts, Don is a HAMB member. http://www.modeltford.com/ Bob

15. What a great find. I can only agree with you regarding "T"s, they do make people smile :):). I would not part with my Center Door which I have had for 34 years, and thats why I also have two other "T"s, both 27 Coupes. Have fun, I am sure you will.

16. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

What a killer find . Do you know the history behind it at all

17. TERPU

TERPU

I don't know any History on it. I know it was stored at a Trucking company for a long time before the guy I bought it from took it home.

That's all I got. Suppose I'll have to give it some History and smiles.

Tim

18. RC Kid

RC Kid
    from Alabama

Wow! that's a way cool score. Congrats!

19. 510madmav

510madmav

20. outlaw256

outlaw256

brother that thing is BEAUTIFUL.atleast to me.when do you want me to come pick it up? you did good.now the fun part, learning how to drive it!!

21. dirt slinger

dirt slinger

22. Neat. My first antique car purchase was a 26 Model T coupe from a guy in Gastonia NC. Paid $35 for it, but just a body/frame/fenders. Had a kid and had to sell it cause I had no money to fix it. Sold it for $75. I would like to have another one, all original.

23. pincher

pincher
    from Saginaw

Nice find. Car looks great, Glad to see we have another T being built. Keep us posted on the progress............PINCHER

24. TooManyFords

TooManyFords
    from Peotone IL

True story about driving one. My old neighbor dropped off his original 26 T roadster at my shop. He said if I could rebuild a late model auto transmission I could reline his. He brought me down the parts and I relined it. He was under the weather and could not get it so I drove it home to him. I am a big guy and it was more like I was wearing it and not sitting in it. I had to have a friend push down the starter button because my leg could not reach it.
    I managed to find reverse and backed it out of the shop. I went to stop and push what I though was the clutch in and it started forward right at a 69 Big block Camaro. I did not know what to do so I but my size 13 boot across all three pedals. It died. Wow! Got out and we pushed it so it was facing straight down the drive and made it the rest the way with no issues. First and last time I drove it.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2012
  25. TERPU

TERPU

I'm feeling a little guilty I bought this on a whim beacuse I thought it was pretty darn cool as a someday project for a Speedster. The Coupe has definantly grown on me though. Truthfully I had no idea that many folks loved these this much. I don't have any real plans for it and hate the thought of it just sitting while I finish my other two cars. I know this isn't the classifieds but if you have an interest PM me. I'd love to let it go to someone who really wanted it. I don't have to sell it, or want to but I also understand somebody else loving it and getting fun times from it. After all that's what this is about. I'm having fun sitting inside of it making Vroom noises. It comes with a clean Ca title still in the previous owners name non opped and a key in the ignition. It won't be expensive as I didn't have to pay very much for it.

Tim