Register now to get rid of these ads!

Do ALL TOWING COMPANIES SUCK?!?!? I'm Beginning to Think So.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KIRK!, Jul 21, 2012.

1. KIRK!

KIRK!

I sold the Legion and it was supposed to get picked up yesterday as arranged by the new owner and the Blackhawk Museum. The tow company never showed up and never called. After 5pm the guy from Blackhawk calls and tells me that they will now be here tomorrow (today) between 8 and 10. I call them at 10:50 and ask what is going on. After being on hold for 10 minutes I'm told that the guy will be here at 11:00. "He'll be here in 10 minutes?" "Well, he starts at 11:00." In Livermore like 45 minutes from my house. I told them that I am leaving at 11:30 and he acts like it's my fault that I am now going to miss them. I told him that I waited the entire day yesterday and now the whole morning with no calls from them as to what's going on. He didn't seem to get it or care.

So now the new time is 2:30 this afternoon. I'm not holding my breath.

The last time I dealt with a towing company it was to get my '47 to my house. I was with it when it got loaded up about 30 minutes from my house and watched it leave the shop.

So I head home and pass the guy on the freeway and keep going. I get home and get shit moved to make room for the car. 30 minutes goes by. Then an hour. Then two hours. I call the towing company and they tell me that the driver got sick and brought my car back to the tow yard (back past where we started) where it was unloaded and put in their storage lot. I asked what time my car was going to be delivered and they said IN A FEW DAYS!!! Of course I get irate and point out that I need my car now and ask why they didn't call to tell me what was going on. I point out that the car is freshly painted and has no glass and that they will be repainting it or repairing anything damaged inside. They still didn't give a shit and brought my car the next day.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2012
  2. daddio211

daddio211

3. KIRK!

KIRK!

The guy from Blackhawk Museum says he always uses them, so who knows.

4. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Sorry to hear that. I've had good luck with AAA.
    Thats also reason # 4 to spend the $1500 on a car trailer. I love my car trailer.

5. daddio211

daddio211

You'd think Blackhawk would only use reputable carriers... weird. My trailer has saved me a lot of money too!

Glad to hear you sold the Legion, I hope you got a ton of money for it!

6. KIRK!

KIRK!

Lost my ass, but not the end of the world.

7. My Dad and I went in halves and bought a new car trailer 5 years ago...it's a tilt deck and pretty loaded. Cost us each 1400.00 out the door...one of the best buys we ever made.

8. das858

das858

I can't speak with any experience about tow companies, but Des Monies Good guys show this year was great as usual. Hope that cheers you up.

9. Retrorod

Retrorod

My car hauler was a good investment. I've moved more vehicles for other people than my own.

Since I work for AAA and am a tow instructor, I'll abstain from commenting on tow companies but I will say...they are all independant businesses and how they do business is up to them. I always say, "ask around, find someone who has a good reputation".

10. KIRK!

KIRK!

I told them not to be here before 2:30. They were here at 2:15 as I was walking into my house. Better than late I guess. The Legion is officially gone...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Horror stories abound here and elsewhere about car hauling companies. Some where cars never show up on the other end. My last experience with one was to get a car picked up I sold to someone in Minnesota. Buyer made the arrangements. Supposed to be at the house at 1PM. At 2 PM get a call he will be running late more like 5PM. 6 PM get a call the State Patrol has grounded him for excessive time behind the wheel. He can't move for 5 hours. 1 AM he shows up. Don't know how things went on the other end.

Guess I was lucky. He almost got here the same day.

12. A friends Cutlas vert got loaded here 5 hrs late in a driving snow storm. He's parked out on a country two lane at 10 pm. We help him load it on the top front of a open trailer being pulled by a single screw tractor. He was headed to Spokane, Wa. on his way to deliver in Oklahoma. Never heard a word from anyone ! This was prob 20 yrs ago.

13. Yes, they all suck.

14. Next time let the cat make the arrangements.

15. WOW, guess I've been lucky, Have used a few companies over the years for customer cars and I can't recall one time that they weren't within 1/2 hour of scheduled time with no problems at all. Maybe the So Cal guys are just used to Ferrari and Mercedes owners that they have a different attitude :eek: (nothing worse than a Rich Bitch raggin your ass)